Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What is it with me and these DDR arcade games?!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HF230
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is just just slowly move away from all DDR console versions of the game at home. Along with soft pads.

Go stepmania with tighter windows and arcade pad. I've personally never played on a home arcade pad I just play stepmania on Judge Difficulity level 8 with level 4 being the default. Just play on keyboard to learn the charts and then go AAA them on machine.

But yeah stepmania tighter windows or play at the arcade. I've gotten 441 Arcade heavy/oni AAA's so it seems to be working so far E10.gif

DDRecall (DDR EXTREME SCORES)

CHECK OUT MY DDR AAA Videos updated 09/06/09
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xanthros
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleasedon'thurtme wrote:
So, would home play be appropriate for players around my level (remember, I can't even pass 10's)?

I stopped playing at home by the time I was starting 9s, but I only had a soft pad. If you have a metal pad, you can probably keep using it until you're passing 10s. It should be good stamina practice, but the timing will still be off from the arcade.

pleasedon'thurtme wrote:
When do people usually start focusing on score?

I didn't REALLY start focusing on scores until after I could pass several 12s, but I recommend starting earlier. Looking back, focusing on score really helped my game. Just don't focus on scores so much that you don't push yourself to pass new songs. If you attempt to get better scores AND push to pass new songs every time you go, you'll see improvement fast!
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleasedon'thurtme wrote:

Hm, I don't think I usually get more greats than perfects, even at the arcade, but I have never AAAed a heavy song even at home. Maybe the solution is simply getting used to the different timing, so if you are still having the same issue, don't lose heart E13.gif

Even as recent as 4 years ago, AAAs were legendary feats that only a select group of people could pull off on a regular basis. For whatever reason, it seems like everyone and their quadriplegic gerbil can get AAAs and Quad-Stars now.

All I can say is, don't sweat it. It will take a while to get to the ability to AAA. Playing at home will make it easier to AAA that at the arcade, but either way, it's no simple task.

I second Xanthros' comments. I'm the kind of player who has focused too heavily on accuracy, and because of that, I haven't been able to break the 12 foot song cap. And it took me forever to break the 10 foot cap. In fact, I was able to get SDGs on 9 step songs before I could even pass Max 300. So, I guess my point is, balance your goals. Keep playing hard songs to increase your maximum foot level you can pass, but also play a few songs each session that're easy and fun for you, and try to improve your score on them.

Trust me, you can't really focus on your accuracy if you're struggling to pass a song. The only way to really improve accuracy is to play a song you know you can pass, and try to focus on the beat and timing when you play.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: