Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Playing New Stepcharts on Pre-SN Machines

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ADavalosJR
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Playing New Stepcharts on Pre-SN Machines Reply with quote

First of all, I'm not asking how to do it. I already know how to and I have the equipment needed to do so.

Let's say that I wanted to play the Dynamite Rave -Air Special- step chart on EXTREME AC. I'd make the edit on EXTREME CS JP, put it on a memory card and play that edit at the arcade. As long as the step chart is exactly the same, can that play be considered as an official pass?

As for score tracking, I understand pictures won't work but video footage should be able to work.

What do you guys think?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say no. Games have different timing windows and grading scale. It's harder to AA something on Supernova than 5th mix (5th mix just requires a full combo iirc).
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you're claiming to AAA PSMO, I don't think a lot of people care anymore. Back a few years ago when every song hadn't been AAA'd people would care if it was "legit" or not, but now-a-days it really doesn't matter.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: