Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Girls and DDR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakura 300
Trick Member
Trick Member

80. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around here there aren't alot of girls that are good, but that doesn't mean there isn't any girls that are good.Julie Q could own anyone around here, she might not be the best player ever but she shure as hell is alot better then people around where I live. I would enjoying seeing a few girls that are good play once and a while, because I think that other girls around here need to see that you don't have to be a guy to be good at dancing games.
View users profile Send private message
Darkknight
Trick Member
Trick Member

81. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend plays DDR, and she is friggin awesome, she can FC Afronova heavy (which is pretty good at my arcade) and can pass a song with almost any mod combo.
Julie QQQ...?
Trick Member
Trick Member

82. PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakura 300 wrote:
Around here there aren't alot of girls that are good, but that doesn't mean there isn't any girls that are good.Julie Q could own anyone around here, she might not be the best player ever but she shure as hell is alot better then people around where I live. I would enjoying seeing a few girls that are good play once and a while, because I think that other girls around here need to see that you don't have to be a guy to be good at dancing games.

I'm not that good, really... you're too nice riiight.gif
Danamaf
Trick Member
Trick Member

83. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i said before the ratio of good players of that sex/bad players of that sex is probably higher for the women because they are motivated to do better from sexists like YOU! calling all girls to tell these guys off. we should have a boysVgirls tourney. i root for girls. it was dirty fricken hippocrits now its dirty frikken sexists. and yes im sure so many guys wack off to those shadows. whoever upheld that argument. did a boy or girl create ddr, im not sure... oh and they showed the girl because dancing is traditionally for girls so THEY should be making fun of US!! booya. bring it, ill prove you wrong. and all people will back me up. i dont care if you say im arrogant, maud dib was arrogant, wasnt he? auron was arrogant, Jesus was arrogant. but they could be, because they were right. i know, id be pissed at me if i were you, but think of it as if your a girl.
Jupichan
Trick Member
Trick Member

84. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a girl. At the arcade I frequent I'm one of three girls that is regularly at Standard or above. As for boys at that level, I'd say there's around 15. A lot of girls play there, but the vast majority are on light or beginner.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
NegFactor
Trick Member
Trick Member

85. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the girls around here get really intimidated about playing...maybe because there's so many guys around who play and they're afraid of trying to measure up. I don't know. But there's one girl who shows up on the weekend when I'm there and she puts most people to shame (definitely myself included)...I'd say she's probably in the top five players I've seen locally.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Destruction Pancake
Trick Member
Trick Member

86. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DDR is a little sexist sometimes. The people playing I mean. I've had some people talk about the boys playing DDR and as I was putting my quarter up they were like," do only boys play this game?" It sometimes seems that way. Also alot of the girls that play arnt very good for what ever reason. I've worked hard to get to the level i am today and I defnatally think that the game comes easier to boys than to girls because of genetic make up and what not. However, im not saying that girls will never be as good as boys at the game.

Also, its weird for girls to sweat because many of them get selfconcious because they feel "gross" or girls should not sweat excessivly. Its also frowned upon and considered "nasty" if you put deoterant on after a set or something unlike it is for boys who can do all of the above and people wouldnt even take a second glance like its not out of the ordinary.

Girls are also restrained to a different attire than boys because some girls arent comfortable with them selfs or if something seems provocative they will be judged as a slut or something of that nature because of their clothing. Like their shorts are too short or their top is too small stupid things like that. But then if they dress like the guys do because they might not be as ridiculed for wearing that kind of clothing. They will be judged as a tomboy or people might not know that they are infact a girl. shocked.gif

I feel like some of these restirctions hold girls back from working to their full potential at the game.

Also, why is it so much easier for boys to PA than girls??

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
oGURLx
Basic Member
Basic Member

87. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably either because boys play a lot more (as in they have less of a life) or girls just don't want to look nerdy as hell doing it, because I'm sure they'd kick our asses if they tried. E15.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

88. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh ill try my best to ^_~

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
MaxxOverload
Trick Member
Trick Member

89. PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, regardless of gender, a DDR player is a DDR player. And besides, guys who don't like girl players are totally shallow laugh.gif
delrio
Trick Member
Trick Member

90. PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... but really the best part of DDR is being able to go to internet forums about it and bump topics that have been dead for 4 years!
Trick Member
Trick Member

91. PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bounce factors must be accounted for.
Tonight
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MaxxOverload
Trick Member
Trick Member

92. PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey gimme a break I am just learning that bumping is bad ok sorry
Da-Risin-Smoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

93. PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump a 4 year old thread?

Destruction Pancake needs to stop generalizing and tell what girls should or shouldn't do.
I think it's awesome that girls play.

Who cares what other people think..
I eat mop, who?
Haha, you eat your poo.
Groovestats
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

94. PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy thread necromancy!

It wasn't a bad thread though - don't see many girls playing anymore...
chennymountain
Trick Member
Trick Member

95. PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a lot of girls that play, but they mostly play on light and standard.

pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

96. PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would agree with the comments that state there is no correlation between gender and aptitude for dance games as gender is a psychological state of mind that can change at any time. The question is whether there is a significant correlation between sex (the typical characteristics exhibited by being physically male or female) and aptitude for dance games. If women seem less good at such games than men, it is probably due to culture -- the widespread idea that such games are for men or whatever. It is the same deal with math -- women have better potential, but culture causes them to lose confidence in their abilities. It is the same with this -- if anything, women may actually have advantages over men at these games (although I do not know how significant the advantages would be). So, my guess would be that women have better potential for such games given their left-brain dominance and superior coordination. I wonder what difference age makes though...

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
NOAAAH
Trick Member
Trick Member

97. PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit, I remember this thread!
bahaha!! sweat.gif it was one of the first threads I saw when I joined this site!!
Basic Member
Basic Member

98. PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a difference, but not a big one.
Boys are better with all the "stamina" songs, but girl are better with the songs you need more "tempo" for them.
Eventually when we get to the higher levels boys are starting to open a bigger par, but from my experience, girls are better at the start.

Edit* Oops, I should've check the date of this thread.

Last edited by TheET88 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total
8ftmetalhead
Trick Member
Trick Member

99. PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha @ the 2005 thread date....
Still, since I've started playing DDR I've met a few female players.

One helped me get into DDR, and although she only plays on standard, her scores are very impressive. She won the event I hosted at school with a 9.3 mil on Doll, followed closely by her friend at around 8.7mil, also a female.

There's also one in my music class who can play a pretty good game, aswell as one in my form class who plays on difficult and gets reasonable scores.

At the arcade the other day I saw a chick playing doubles on an ITG cab. It was rather impressive. And I've only been there twice, so I've seen a female on a DDR game 50% of the times I've been there. riiight.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: