Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

2 issues, can anyone help?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAussie2005
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: 2 issues, can anyone help? Reply with quote

I've passed all the songs, except Pandemonium... but only some are clean. My first issue is my legs want to move TOO fast during fast streams, mainly repetitive ones like the first ones in max 300 where it goes left, down, left, down repeating, then right, down repeating.. my legs just want to move too fast, and I can't get the solid rhythm down to get perfects, I usually get goods or greats on all the steps there because I just can't slow down and get on the pace. Another example is Delirium, Legend at the end when the stream repeats, pandemonium in the beginning... any song with repetitive streams. The last example is super max me mix. I do it on Oni because I think it's easier because the streams at the end change the arrows up instead of the same 2 arrows like at the end of heavy. Thanks for the tips if anyone knows any.
View users profile Send private message
CHUCK BASS.
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try harder
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
__
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not uncommon for a player to get nervous of failure during a stream. Usually when we first started learning, the streams were the ones that killed us.

If you keep calm and remember how the beat of the steps go, once you launch into the stream just remember that it's the same beat and you don't have to worry about failing because you have passed it before.

Keep this in mind, and I am sure you will do much better on streams!
TheAussie2005
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, I am pretty sure it's more of a psychological thing. Everytime I know one of those repetitive steams comes up, my brain says "You will go too fast! You will go too fast!" and it makes me just give up basically, not because I'll fail, but because I won't be able to be on beat, and it's just frustrating. I might go in practice mode and try some of those parts.. I also noticed that when I put the modifier higher, say, instead of 1.5x on max 300, put it to 2x.. I don't see as many arrows on the screen, which means my feet don't want to to arrows ahead of the current beat all at once.
wakassjak
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playing keyboard charts on stepmania is really good for improving timing on streams
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAussie2005 wrote:
it's more of a psychological thing. Everytime I know one of those repetitive steams comes up, my brain says "You will go too fast! You will go too fast!" and it makes me just give up basically, not because I'll fail, but because I won't be able to be on beat, and it's just frustrating.

Would it help if you had someone cheer you on while you are playing or at least give you a little peptalk beforehand? I guess you could always watch other people play -- real life or youtube. Would playing on normal speed help your second issue?

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: