Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Repair help needed for HipHopMania / Beatmania machine...!!!

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeatmaniaFrk
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Repair help needed for HipHopMania / Beatmania machine...!!! Reply with quote

Hi -

Last year I purchased a HipHopMania II Complete Mix unit, which was partially working. I've isolated the problem to the control board that handles the turntables and buttons responses (small 5x7" board hanging on the wall inside).

Unfortunately Konami doesn't have any US offices anymore, so I can't track down any type of support - for a repair or spec manual (which can help me replace the board parts which I think are the issue).

I'm hoping a fellow DDR Freak can help me out by either pointing me to a repair manual for a HHM2 or comparable Beatmania unit, providing me with potential places that might have spare parts, or to a place that can do repairs on these machines.

I've had the unit for over a year, and I'm really bummed that I can't enjoy some classic HHM 2 play.

Thanks for any help!!
View users profile Send private message
BeatmaniaFrk
Basic Member
Basic Member

1. PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bumpin' up to see if anyone can help....please!!!??
Tenchi50
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might pm Ho-Man, as he owns a iidx machine and had a beatmania club remix a while back. plus he knows what he's talking about. if you need to find a post for him to pm him, look over in the DDR Arcade Games forum, he hangs out over there.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
MonMotha
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never sat down and looked much at that board in beatmania (assuming the one in a mini cab is the same as the full size ones here...), but I'm guessing it's similar to the one on IIDX.

I still have access to said board, though with some difficulty as I know the current owner of said 5k machine. If you are really desperate, I can probably make a functional equivalent based on that one. However, low volume/one-offs like this aren't cheap. Expect to pay $200-400 or so when all is done. If you can find a real one somewhere else, jump on it.

If you like, I can also take a look at your current one and maybe rehab it. PM me if you want to do that.

You're sure it's not just the optics on the turntable? Those tend to fail with slightly higher frequency than the interface boards should. At least that's been my experience with IIDX.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: