Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DX Xtreme Pad With USB Plug - Lag!! Help?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: DX Xtreme Pad With USB Plug - Lag!! Help? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I've got a BNS DX Xtreme Fusion foam insert pad that works great and has connectors for PS2, Xbox, and USB. It works great with PS2 and there's no lag or anything, and it works on the PC (Windows XP) with USB, but there's a slight lag between when I press the arrow and when I get a response on the screen. I know I can use GlobalOffsetSeconds in Stepmania to offset this, but I'd prefer having a more "instant response" like I get when playing on the pad with a PS2. I also have a PS2 to LPT (parallel port) adapter that works well with the Psxpad driver, but there is slight lag on LPT too (however, it's less lag than with the USB). My question is, why does the pad lag more with USB than with LPT, and how can I reduce the lag when using the pad through USB? Thanks in advance! E1.gif

Would it help to increase the polling rate of the USB somehow?
View users profile Send private message
Devon
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all I can say is get a better adapter. Trio linkers and EMS's work good.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
dj_sammylvr03
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight chance, but it may be your screen resolution. I know i I set my resolution too big (past 1024 x 768) it will lag for some reason. Try lowering the resolution.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USB adapters lag because its not a quick conversion from PS2 to USB. The pcb on the USB adapter has to convert the signal from the PS2 controller to a signal the computer can recognize. LPT is much better, the conversion is basically wires on the PS2 controller correspond with wires on the LPT port, instead of having to go through a ton of conversion like on USB.

Anyway, if I were you, I'd just use the LPT adapter and not bother with USB. I am wondering. Is stepmania on sync for you when you play it on keyboard?

Suggestions for both LPT and USB: CHANGE YOUR GLOBAL OFFSET. If you're using StepMania 3.95 or later, you can press F6 twice during gameplay to switch it onto machine autosync. If not, you can still press F6 to autosync, but then when it gets to the screen asking if you want to save, take down the DIFFERENCE between the two offsets and say that you do not want to save. Then, you can go into your StepMania.ini and add to the current GlobalOffsetSeconds value whatever the difference was.

Suggestion for LPT: try other drivers like NTPAD (I believe there is also one more)

Suggestions for USB: use USB Mouserate Switcher to switch the USB polling rate to 250 or 500 hz. Also, if none of these suggestions are working, buy a new adapter that works better.

Last edited by Kalek on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
orb
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found a solution, sorta

when using the LPT (parallel port) adapter I find I reduce my lag significantly by disabling "Wait for Vsync" in the settings.. the graphics get a little "choppy" (though not laggy) at times, but the decrease in latency is well worth it E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: