Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Naki Deluxe Dance Pad Revolution (DPR Ignition)

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Naki Deluxe Dance Pad Revolution (DPR Ignition) Reply with quote

Naki Deluxe Dance Pad Revolution: Product Link N/A (website down)
MSRP: $49.99

Product Description: N/A - Naki's website is currently down.

This pad appears to be a 3rd party imitation of the popular RedOctane Ignition pad.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pad, just in terms of looks, looks pretty much identical to a plug-and-play TV DDR game they're selling at www.ddrgame.com. For some reason, that doesn't give me a lot of confidence in this pad. But heck, who knows? It might be decent. I didn't expect much out of a $40 rebranded MyMyBox pad at Fry's, but it seemed decent to me for the time I played on it.
View users profile Send private message
silicon
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am inexperienced, but it seems a good pad to me. (It's my first pad after a $20 Gamestop pad). That is, it seems good for PS2. It is a dual platform pad, but on Xbox (at least Ultramix2, which is all I have) I can't hit the down arrow at the same time as left or right. I've been poking around the forums for a solution, only coming up with a similar problem someone had with an RO Ignition 2.0. (and no answer for him)

I can't contact Naki World, their phone number is disconnected and their web submission form just errors out.

If I cannot figure out a way to make it work with Xbox, I suppose I could shell out the extra $50 for an Ignition 2.0... but I hope it doesn't have the same problem. Anyone have any experience with that pad and Ultramix2? (or this pad? perhaps mine is just bad)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
silicon
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

addendum:

When I said all I had was Ultramix2, I meant for Xbox. THe pad works quite well for PS2, I have been using it on MAX.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
RevenG-D
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should take the pad back...
and please don't double post
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im probably gonna buy this...Cant wait to get to be able to play xbox live with me friends with this E1.gif
!*w00t*!
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not buy this! i have it an di need to return it pronto. ok reasons why its bad.

1) buttons stick like hell
2) teh xbox cable on mine doesnt work( so it only works on ps2)
3) ive had it for 6 days and its already ripped, just from folding it(its right on the crease for where u fold it, i folded it up in good conditoin, unfolded it with a rip, oh and by the way the rip is on top)
4) if u want the buttons to work u have to blow into the cable each time u use it.

i think im just get a couple redoctanes offa ebay.
AznCaraboo
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!*woot*! - Maybe it is just your pad that was defective.

This pad is decent [almost a month - usually I break my Ignition pads within 1.5 months]. However I do not like the inserts. I've used the hard inserts [like BNS but a smaller] instead of the white inserts that is soft [and will move around if playing 9/10 Footers].

But I bought this @ EB Games. Like the Red Octane [at the same store], this has a 1 year warranty for another $5 [@ my location]. So if this pad breaks down [or before the year ends], you could replace this pad with another one. This beats Red Octane $100 because I only paid $55 [without taxes of course E13.gif].

This pad is good for any level [Heavy, Standard, Light]. As long you have hard inserts [similar to BNS and Red Octane], this pad is good because of warranty. Maybe better than EBay's Ignition pad since majority of those pads last from 6-9 months.
Jeremy37077829
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kunio573 wrote:
I didn't expect much out of a $40 rebranded MyMyBox pad at Fry's, but it seemed decent to me for the time I played on it.

How long DID you play on the mymybox before it malfunctioned? im thinkin of gettin one and wanna have it till at least the end of april, think it'll last?
0rion
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I plunked down a fifty on this pad, so here's the lowdown:

The pad itself is actually VERY high-quality. There's a soft covering on both sides of the sensors in addition to the fact the arrows are slightly elevated over the other buttons. It's incredibly accurate and very durable.

Here's the downside: the foam insert is absolutely horrible. It dents in very quickly, causing ghost steps, and far less resistant than the Red Octane one.

Here's my recommendation. If you don't want to put down a Ben Franklin on a Red Octane pad, buy this (it's about half the price), then order a foam insert from the Internet to use with it. Or barring that, just play without the foam. As I said, the pad itself is very well-made.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Cloppy
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi im new here to the forums.

I just bought 2 of these pads today to replace my year old $20 gamestop pads

btw their site is working its http://www.naki-world.com/
I havent called their phone number so im not sure about that.

and over im quite impressed so far. The padding is a nice change from dancing on hard floors for a change E1.gif and the connections for ps2 and xbox are a plus

as quoted eariler i had the same problem with one of the pads

Quote:
It is a dual platform pad, but on Xbox (at least Ultramix2, which is all I have) I can't hit the down arrow at the same time as left or right. I've been poking around the forums for a solution, only coming up with a similar problem someone had with an RO Ignition 2.0. (and no answer for him)

Good news is the store exchanged it no problem cause it was within 14 days and i have the 1yr warranty on both of em.. i guess its to be expected that some are defective.

If you dont wanna spend all that money for 2 octane pads these are just as good it wouldnt hurt to get the one year warranty and test em to make sure they work within the return period.

i would give em about a 4 out of 5 because one pad was bad and had to return it and its a bit of pain to get the foam in for the first time.
isuck999
Basic Member
Basic Member

11. PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the price of this pad decreased?
I have seen two of this pads for $52!!!
Could it be that those pads are fake, but they seem to look like the Naki world ones
http://store.imarketcity.com/dadarechsude9.html
here's the link.
I was going to buy it there but i got skeptical because of the great price. So I just want to hear your opinion.
jpoppyz
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these pads look like they're pretty good. And since eb games carries them, that means i can get a year warrenty. Which garauntees i'll last until i got my beautiful CF with an arcade mod for my bday(in december).

I don't wanna order online, because shipping is a pain in the buttocks when you send it back.
Basic Member
Basic Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted the imarket city for the pad and they said the manufacture was X-Boy Game. I havent heard of them are they reliable?
isuck999
Basic Member
Basic Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I bought two of these pads for $52 and its been four days since i've been using them and one of them works great but another one doesnt respond to the down arrow after a few presses which really frustrates me. Overall the pads are great for the price. I would recommend this pads just make sure that the retailer has warranty cuz from wut i've heard some pads are just defective like the one i got
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: