Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Need help with the EMS USB 2 adapter I got from Level Six

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron_Kwok
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Need help with the EMS USB 2 adapter I got from Level Six Reply with quote

OK, I am using Windows XP, and I plugged in my adapter. It auto-installed and was under Human Interface Devices. I went to it to test my buttons, but none of them seemed to work, one controller showed that all the buttons were being pressed at once, and the second controller showed that only buttons 5, 13, 14, 15, and 16 were working. So, I uninstalled the hardware through the device manager, and installed the drivers that came with this thing. I reinstalled the adapter by plugging it back into the computer and having it auto-install itself again. I then went back to test the buttons again, and the EMS test screen came up. The first controller's screen flashed with random stuff (dance pad, DUALSHOCK2, fishing controller, ect.) when no contoller was plugged in, and then when there was one plugged in, it stopped flashing, and showed random buttons being pushed, even though they were not being pushed. As for the second controller, the test screen that shows the controllers and what buttons you are pushing was blank, with or without a controller plugged into it. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, can you give me a solution? Is my adapter at fault, or is something else wrong? I hope this isn't too confusing, and I hope somone helps me. Thank you.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird..... mine just auto-installs under game controllers. I plug it in and wind up with 2 4 axis, 16 button joysticks. What's weird is that I don't even have "Human Interface Devices" in my control panel. Are you using Professional?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Aaron_Kwok
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I have the home version of XP. I wind up with 2 4-axis 16-button joysticks, but when I go to test the buttons, one controller goes crazy and flashes random stuff, while the other just stays blank, and it's like that, no matter what I do. But, mine does end up under Human Interface Devices.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could check if it's the pads/controllers by using them in a real playstation...Incidentally, are they PSX or PS2 controllers? I think the adapter is only for PSX.
~pfluffernuugen~
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did u make sure that the switch at the top of the converter is swtiched to PC not PS2
ryujiikata
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same EXACT trouble with mine too. Is your's Silver/Grey colored? It might be the model or something, because I haven't heard anything bad about about previous models, so it might just be the lastest production. It's listed as the EMS USB2 Game Adapter in the Game Controllers, then it has two HID game controllers under HID's in the Device Manager (Windows XP Home).
"Under such extreme heat, wear and degradation is inevitable!! Parts break after overuse!! And THAT is why toaster pastries will BURST into flames if you don't keep an eye on them, you sacks of bladder waste!!!!" - The Happy Noodle Boy
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
~pfluffernuugen~
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's the tab on the top that switches it between ps2 and pc
if it's on ps2 then it's gonna install as an HID
uninstall it, then unplug it
turn it to pc and then reinstall it
FonnyWM
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the exact same problem. I have the silver/gray EMS, and the cheap eBay Ignition pads from plegend. Has anyone found a solution yet? Also, is anyone using the silver/gray adapter and getting it to work? If so, we can rule out any problems with this version of the adapter.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: