Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Pad Problems......

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FelixDaHouseCat
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Pad Problems...... Reply with quote

I just got DDR for the PC and bought a playstation pad with a converter from the playstation jock to the printerport.

Now, the mat seems to work, but not when I try the up, down or left, right combo's. This seems to be a problem with the axis, so when I read some posts here, I tried installing Direct Pad Pro 5.0 (I use Win XP Pro). After that, I've read many people telling other to set their gamepad to Left PSX Analog type. Now is my question: where can I set this? The Direct Pad Pro driver doesn't seem to have such an option, so I guess it's gotta be somewhere in WinXP self, but where?

Also, what is DWI exactly, that you guys keep on mentioning. The site on the FAQ links to a spanish site, which I don't understand.

Thanks in advance,

Felix.
View users profile Send private message
Mikeh
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR for PC? *Hm...*

My cousin actually bought the following, kind of in your situation:

DDR for PC
MyMyBox pad (Special edition Arcade Style!)
A $5 convertor (Brand name: K****, and it's pink)

And it worked fine and perfectly. I do NOT think that you have to make them into buttons because the game itself may recognize your pad as AXIS instead of BUTTONS. I don't see what is wrong with it...Try your keyboard maybe?

And about DWI, it stands for Dance With Intensity. It is just like StepMania, a DDR simulator, but it is much more simpler than StepMania.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FelixDaHouseCat
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With keyboard everything works fine but its not fun;x And DDR for pc just rocks:) I think its better then the simulators.
Mikeh
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you say...

It's strange because it works fine for me, and the game itself recognize the pad as Axis not Buttons. Check your settings. If you can...

Start Menu -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Gaming Options

Then try testing it out there. See if it works.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FelixDaHouseCat
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I tried it but i doenst work there aswell.... Maybe its my convertor I ordered a new one...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: