Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Logic3 PS Metal Dancing Platform 2

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Logic3 PS Metal Dancing Platform 2 Reply with quote

Logic3 PS Metal Dancing Platform 2: Product Link

MSRP: £99.99

Product Description:

Logic3 introduce latest update to the ultimate in dancing accessories, the Metal Dancing Platform. With a solid metal construction & 8 heavy-duty pressure panels the Logic3 Metal Dancing Platform will recreate the amusement arcade in your living room.

The Logic3 Metal Dancing Platform is almost identical to those found in the arcade, comprising of 8 heavy-duty pressure pads.

The construction and build quality of the Logic3 Dancing Platform innovation are superb ensuring a robust design & excellent durability for the serious and harden gamer

These features will offer the user a more realistic and involved gaming arcade experience in the comfort of their own home

* Heavy duty pressure pads under each directional arrow
* "Non illuminating dance panels"
* Fitted with 60 non-marking rubber feet on the bottom to protect the platform and the floor, this ensures that the platform will not move or slip whilst dancing.
* Features a built in control box for easier setup.
* Compatible with all current dancing games for PSone & PS2 consoles
* 16.5kg
* Dimensions 88cm x 88cm x 7cm

* Delivery Costs for this item as below
* UK - �15
* EU - �25

Sentient Mode is capable...

Last edited by Cutriss on Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...looks tasty. do they ship to the US? and whats the rough coversion from pounds to dollars?
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're worth much more than the US dollar. As of now 99.99 GBP would be 192.85 USD.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention how much you'll get molested on shipping charges for overseas transfer...

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Shrew
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im excited as after nearly 3 months on order they arrived. fortunately its only now ive reached the limits of my ability on softpads... I've unwrapped one and it seems ok so far. I won't be able to try them out until my lunch hour i think but we shall see.

More news as events warrant. Ill give a review, bearing in mind I can only compare them to the arcade EM2 nearby as Ive not played on any other metal/hard mats

PS, Im in the uk - got two pads for £179.46 including delivery. I blame logic3 for the delay...

Shrew
View users profile Send private message
Shrew
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well. I really like them.

Downsides:

1) the cable to the ps2 goes from the bottom right hand side of the pad outwards, not at the front. this makes putting them close together for double awkward, or if i wanted to make a divider too.

2) no edge around the outside (but then i knew that, Im personally not bothered)

3) the travel on each pad before they register seems a bit farther than the arcade

BUT i think they are ace except for one very real problem...

both pads have independantly had all their buttons stop responding (including the start + select on the side) halfway through songs. one pad did this once, the other about 5 or 6 times. Unplugging either end of the cable and reapplying it fixed it immediately - Ive sent an email to logic3 about this. if they dont offer anything satisfactory then I'll have to send them back asap while under mail order protection which is a pain.

I thought I read somewhere else about other pads cutting out midgame but I cant seem to find it to see if its a pad or ps2 problem. If you can help me on this I would be very grateful

Shrew
View users profile Send private message
Torque
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably going to be getting one of these later this week. (unless i find a way of getting a CF or an Afterburner delivered to the UK for a decent price)

They look alright but i'm kinda concerned about what i've been hearing of the pads cutting out. Near enough every reveiw i've seen mentions problems with this.
I've also heard that it loses responsiveness pretty quickly after heavy use.

Though for the price (i've found one at £90) it seems like a pretty good deal.

I think i'll buy one this week and see how it goes.
If it breaks or acts up, i'll take it back and save up another £200+ to get an Afterburner delivered over here (postage actually costs more than the mat itself!).

If it works well for me, i'll save up for a second one so i can try my hand (well... feet) at doubles mode. E1.gif

I'll let you know how i get on with it later this week.
Chi_Ryu
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torque wrote:
(unless i find a way of getting a CF or an Afterburner delivered to the UK for a decent price)

Mine cost £245 delivered including taxes from Positive Gaming, Sweden (be sure you get "referred" by an existing user, as you get a 10% discount) Thats £155 more on the Logic 3, and needs a *lot* less maintanence, to be fair.

My Logic 3 has finally died - I've had it for about 18 months, and it has only been lightly used, but has been used to play 9 footers - be aware that the pad needs dismantling and metal cruft removed from the contacts regularly, unless you sheet metal mod it.

My first failure happened within a week (a ground wire broke away), so I'd only recommend buying the pad if you feel comfotable with a screwdriver and undertaking basic soldering.
Torque
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i finally got one E1.gif
Managed to get the last one in the City, the only store i know that sells them (argos) had sold out in 3 out of 4 shops and wasn't restocking them again. I got the last one in the 4th shop so i'm pretty lucky to have it biggrin.gif

It may not be the best one around but i LOVE it so far!

I've only had it for about 6 days now and it's showed no faults yet and that's after a LOT of heavy use!

With my old mat (The big ugly plastic one with circular buttons, i forgot what it's called) it was a big struggle to get through a lot of 8+ footer levels which i can normally do easily in the arcades.

With this mat, i can do a LOT better than i can in arcades!
The buttons sink a little more than the arcade mats but it's easy to get used to and i've actually found that they're more sensitive than any of the arcade machines around here.
This mat now allows me to get through most 9 footer levels pretty easily.

I've been working on getting through MAX300 on heavy for AGES now but i didn't stand a chance with it on my old mat, the buttons just weren't sensitive enough for it. I could only try it properly in arcades and VERY rarely passed it.

Within 2 days of getting this mat, i managed to get AA on it! biggrin.gif Then less that 4 minutes after, I followed that up with an A, even with dead legs.
I can also get AA on Sakura now which i could never do on my old mat.

I'm very happy with this mat and for just £90, i think it's definately worth the money.
I'll hopefully be getting a second one when i can afford it (and if they're still around over here) so i can try out doubles mode. E1.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: