Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I think I was scammed

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyer2000
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: I think I was scammed Reply with quote

Used to play DDR nonstop a couple years ago and decided to get back into it. So i ordered a bundle off of www.ddrnation.com a couple of weeks ago. I payed VIA paypal. I've recieved no confirmation email that they recieved payment and shipped the item. I've sent countless emails for the past couple of weeks asking whats going on and still no reply. I even got ahold of the phone number registered under the domain name and got no answer. Ahh!!!!

Has anyone else had problems with DDRNation!?!??! What should i do!??! frust.gif
View users profile Send private message
YoshiFan
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you pay through Paypal, with a bank account or a credit card? If it was a bank account, you can do a chargeback through Paypal, and they will try to recover the funds for you (but no guarntee they will). If you paid with a credit card, you could also do that but it would be easier to do a credit card chargeback (unless it was a Discover card that will not do Paypal chargebacks) through your credit card company.
Nicx
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I was scammed Reply with quote

skyer2000 wrote:
i think i was scammed

i think so too.

E13.gif

in all seriousness though, some places just cant be trusted. i dont trust paypal. IMO
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
arnoct
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoshiFan wrote:
How did you pay through Paypal, with a bank account or a credit card? If it was a bank account, you can do a chargeback through Paypal, and they will try to recover the funds for you (but no guarntee they will). If you paid with a credit card, you could also do that but it would be easier to do a credit card chargeback (unless it was a Discover card that will not do Paypal chargebacks) through your credit card company.

Actually, if you report them for not delivering your merchandice, chances are they'll close their account and take the money. E10.gif

/robodex two thousand and five
/#bemani on irc.dynastynet.net -- talk about bemani stuff.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Slowpoke
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tip: if you're going to file a fraud complaint with paypal for non-receipt, do it after the order is 27 or 28 days old (the cutoff is 30 days). If you file too soon, a scammer will have time to mail you an empty box with delivery confirmation, and then they will forward the tracking information to Paypal. Since your complaint was for "non-receipt", the seller will be able to prove that he mailed you something, so Paypal will deny your claim.
View users profile Send private message Send email
AznMeatball
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well all i have to say is that sux E4.gif E4.gif E4.gif E4.gif
CoolMoe
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a DDR pad from them, actually a friend bought it for me a long time ago. They were pretty trustworthy, but they did take a while for the pads to get here. I say give it a few more days and if you don't get them or don't hear from them, then you should contact paypal, and your credit card company about it.

Until then, I would recommend either RedOctane or PlayAsia for all your DDR needs in the future.
Makilaz
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AznMeatball wrote:
well all i have to say is that sux E4.gif E4.gif E4.gif E4.gif

either post something helpful or don't post at all.

if you don't get the pads soon, file a complaint. if they know what's good for them they'll get everything sorted out. if they don't, use RedOctane, as they are very trustworthy.
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah this sucks, way to much. If this falls through and I lose the money, i'll have to pack my bags and call it quits with DDR, $125 is to much money to lose.

Anyways I couldn't believe this site would be a scam, looks like CoolMoe got a pad from them. What i don't understand is why they arn't emailing me at all. They could say something like "Out of stock for a while" or "your order is delayed" or anything! I've got the companies address, phone number, and all the details they put along with the domain name, i wonder if that woudl help me at all either.

Anyways I'll give them another couple of days. Thanks for the advice guys, and wish me luck
JMK173
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luck
Adamn
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try calling and complaining about the poor customer service?
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: I think I was scammed Reply with quote

Just One Adamn wrote:
You could try calling and complaining about the poor customer service?
skyer2000 wrote:
I even got ahold of the phone number registered under the domain name and got no answer.
I'm sorry this happened to you, but this really belongs in Hardware, so I'm moving it there.

Try contacting BNS's customer support. DDRNation = BuyNShop.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
SuRfReAk
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I'd agree that you got screwed. If you dont get it, try to get your money back and build a metal pad. No worries about delivery there E13.gif.

Get up, get out, go surf!
Sk8Krux
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OWNED!!!!!!
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

14. PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you guys were able to provide something constructive to this thread.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: