Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What do people do while playing DDR that really angers you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blak puls fyre
Trick Member
Trick Member

3060. PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I haven't posted here in a long time.

It seems that you guys seem to have a lot of bad experiences, I know one time a few years ago some kids decided they'd like to frick with me my coming up right next to me and dacing up on me and pounding on my hand that was on the bar. They ran before I finished the song so I couldn't say anything.

I don't know if they thought I was someone they knew or if they just were little retards or something.

anyway...one thing that kind of bothers me that really isn't necessarily a bad thing is when people act like I'm amazing because I play something over easy. For some reason whenever "gangsta" kids see me they are always high fiving me and are like "Damn [insert synonym for black person here] how you do that? I can't even do that sh-t on easy."
Um...is it really that impressive?
View users profile Send private message
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

3061. PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annoying retards are the norm in Albany, NY which is where I unfortunately live. When I go down south in places like Virginia or Florida for summer vacation, people never seem to bother me while I play DDR, but in my area it happens more often than not.
pleasedon'thurtme
Trick Member
Trick Member

3062. PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering I have never had any trouble from others at arcades and I have played only in West Virginia, Kentucky, and Ohio so far, I wonder how this game varies from state to state. For example, I get the impression West Virginia is not as big on the game as other states might be (at least not in the community sense) considering I see very few players from West Virginia on these sites, and there are only three states and three territories with less machine locations and the current West Virginia machine locations have not been updated for awhile despite being in need -- my account won't let me do anything more than rate locations or approve modifications. It would be interesting to see/read/hear some statistics about the game in different areas. I am actually in the process of recording data and running a few statistics myself E13.gif Anyway, what annoyances/issues tend to occur where would be one of several interesting facts to know. Perhaps, we could use such information to trace and pinpoint sources/causes/reasons of problems in order to deal with them accordingly.

www.stayonsync.com/forum
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
PureBlue
Trick Member
Trick Member

3063. PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are a few actual organized crime gangs in the area including one called the Latin Kings and the mall the DDR machine I usually play on is in is not far from downtown Albany. When you add both together, you get some really annoying people disturb.gif

There are other machines in the area, but the one in the mall is near a CVS and right next to a Sbarro, so it's easy for me to get water, and because there's stuff to do other than arcade games.
xSexyWafflesx
Basic Member
Basic Member

3064. PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What drives me nuts the most is the new people that return to center after every arrow and then complain that it's too hard to hit the next arrow. They don't really bother me until AFTER I tell them that it's easier not to return to center and then they say 'ok, I'll try that.' and then they don't. What are they, retarded? disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
chennymountain
Trick Member
Trick Member

3065. PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things:
When people make fun of you when you play Burning Heat on X1.5 and then they get on and play My Summer Love on x3.

When people bring along a friend and they alternate between playing the P1 side (which is on Heavy) and the P2 side (which is on Beginner) so they can't fail.

DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

3066. PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xSexyWafflesx wrote:
What drives me nuts the most is the new people that return to center after every arrow and then complain that it's too hard to hit the next arrow. They don't really bother me until AFTER I tell them that it's easier not to return to center and then they say 'ok, I'll try that.' and then they don't. What are they, retarded? disgust.gif

gtfo
iemaxx
Basic Member
Basic Member

3067. PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What annoys me when i play ddr?

1.When people try to play along side of me, why cant they just wait there turns when im done?

2. When someone distracts me, and they cant even make me fail a song lol.

3. when kids run on the pads, honestly i see this all the time when i go to a arcade because first off why in the hell are they doing it in the first place? And also when kids try to play DDR and then quit after the first song.

4. when people shadow into the song

5. when people steal my turn on ddr

6. when people sing along to the song that im playing.

7. When a bunch of people are watching me

8. When people talk to me while i play.

9. when people steal memory cards or money.

10. when someone asks does DDR or ITG2 give you tickets?( yea someone actually asked me that rofl.)
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

3068. PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleasedon'thurtme wrote:

Shoving someone off the pad ought to at least border on punishable by law...

It is grade A cut-and-dry assault. So yeah, it kinda already is.

I know how to defend myself, if it ever came to THAT LEVEL I would absolutely use what I learned (and have) - only to the extent necessary of course.

It is always better for the person defending him or herself if he or she was with friends to provide support that it was being used only as an act of self defense.
Sbrodie911
Basic Member
Basic Member

3069. PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1)The thing that most aggravates me is definantly when I'm playing a song which is difficult and someone playing on Beginner or Light is Standing right next to me talking up a storm... I get filled with anger but don't show it because I'm not an bumhole and usually just say "dude I can't play and talk at the same time, It throws off my focus." And even after saying that most of the time your partner can't even resist the temptation to speak at you again and again.

2)Another thing that makes me mad Is when a whole family comes up to you and is like talking blatantly about you amongst each other as they watch you play a really tough song.. It tends to distract me also.

3) Innacurate Pads throwing off your groove frust.gif <---people dont cause this but I had to throw it in
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154
Page 154 of 154

Jump to: