Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What do people do while playing DDR that really angers you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 152, 153, 154  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TigerLily
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Regulars who purposely switch a beginner's ability from either Light or Beginner to Heavy without them knowing so they fail in 4 seconds and can hog the machine even more/ devil.gif
2) N00bs who don't know what a coin line is and think my token is a present for them.
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it when people steal your memory card. That happened today to my friends. It really sucks.

I also hate it when people steal your tokens or memory cards and you see them stealing it. They then freaking claim that they didn't do anything and you just want to freaking slap them across the face.

I also loathe people that stomp on the pads and don't do it "properly". Doing a "PA stomp" is one thing but stomping so hard like a moron is not cool.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Toji
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

light players who think they are the greatest, and think they can just bark out what songs a person should pick
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When people who don't know the rules of a coinline and get pissed when you follow it.
xequar
Contributor
Contributor

24. PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of mine have been listed already, including the disobedience of the coin line, same song three times, etc. I also hate shadowing, but my number one thing that pisses me off: People who don't clean their frick shoes off before playing. Quite literally, the other day there were clumps of mud on the pads (on both the DDR EX and PIU machines) because someone didn't bother to frickin' wipe their shoes off.

Oh, kuudos to Rampage on the consolidated doggy thread! biggrin.gif

Fare thee well, Riviera, and God speed.
View users profile Send private message Send email
-SuperZero3 Gold-
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who put their coin up, and leave for the arcade for so long that nobody knows whose coin it is, and then proceed to come back and play 5 hours later.

Give me a challenge so I know what to play next time I go.

ULTIMATE HIGH SCHOOL SPRING SEASON:
Ooltewah is the UPA 2008 High School State Champion! Yay for doing something before leaving high school.
View users profile Send private message
ghosx
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one guy he sticks his thumbs up when he plays and it makes me want to slap him in the face.

know what else gets me mad: newbs. they always have to ask you something while playing a hard song and ask "how do you play this?" or "how can you do that?". some newbs act like they know all that but then they play and you laugh at them and they go away with there head down in shame! bullys also get me mad because they say "hey why are you dancing? your a boy" or "what a homo" that makes me want to shoot them in the head
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
coldplayer09
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu~ wrote:
I hate it when people ask me for money.
I hate it when people try to pick my song for me (literally get up there and try to press the selection button on a song I don't want)
I hate it when people stalk me
I hate it when people don't know what NO means

Okay, so all that was what one person does constantly, but DAMN KID! GIVE ME A BREAK HERE!

i hear you there !!!! blaahhh all you peeps lololol
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate when ppl try to push you off devil.gif

also I noticed that some ppl refer to the stupid n00bs as newbs a newb is someone who isn't consantly asking stupid questions they're just new and respect others a noob is this "hey how do you do that? can i have a dollar? will you pay for me what skill level are you playing at? i play on begginer and i got 21 combo! all you got is 400? lol! you suck!!!!" that's a n00b i'm a newb because i play on begginer but i know things like the coinline and gallops and crossovers stuff like that

I 1Il<3 1337 ><l)
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
TKGoD
Basic Member
Basic Member

29. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, even if most of my complains are going to be repeated or have been said already I figured for good merit I would post my list.

1. People putting their place holder on the machine well you are playing a song
2. People jumping up to shadow in the middle of a song
3. People asking to shadow in the middle of a song
4. People putting hand on/stepping on the arrows of your pad or partners pad well playing a song
5. People shadowing bad on purpose
6. People thinking that doubles means they can join in too
7. People mocking you as you play behind you/to the side of you
8. People pushing/shoving/any physical contact well dancing
9. People asking/commenting/conversing with you as you play a song
10. People who hum loud enough to throw you off/sing along and don’t know the words but feel the need to sing as loudly as possible
11. People who have more than one coin on the line
12. People who pay for multiple plays and keep on going ignoring anyone else who might want to play
13. People who dirty the machine in any way imaginable
14. People who walk in front of you as you play (Its happened!)
15. Someone holding the bar on your pad as you play
16. Someone messing with your mods as you select a song
17. Someone selecting a song for you without your approval
18. Someone who purposefully tries to obstruct your view
19. Someone who jumps on your pad before/during/after you play a song
20. Someone who uses the bar on easy songs that have no need for it (beginner mode)

Alright, I could go on but I think the list is just getting too long...
View users profile Send private message
Hair
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
10. People who hum loud enough to throw you off/sing along and don’t know the words but feel the need to sing as loudly as possible

There was this one kid at our Arcade who kept doing that while my friend was playing, and it was really throwing him off...but for whatever reason he never actually asked him to stop. So then the singer's turn comes up, and a couple of my friends (including the one who was previously playing) end up singing extremely loudly and obnoxiously to every song he played, and I won't deny that I did a little as well...on one hand I felt bad for the kid (he was visibly irritated), but on the other hand, I guess he sort of had it coming to him erm.gif

And if the "singer" somehow stumbles upon this thread, sorry buddy - maybe don't be so loud next time? riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ZephyrGlaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally don't mind shadowing, except that no one that does it around here can remotely pass the songs I'm playing.
I hate when people can FC Holic, but can't execute a single crossover.
Baby Bonca
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKGoD wrote:
Okay, even if most of my complains are going to be repeated or have been said already I figured for good merit I would post my list.

1. People putting their place holder on the machine well you are playing a song
2. People jumping up to shadow in the middle of a song
3. People asking to shadow in the middle of a song
4. People putting hand on/stepping on the arrows of your pad or partners pad well playing a song
5. People shadowing bad on purpose
6. People thinking that doubles means they can join in too
7. People mocking you as you play behind you/to the side of you
8. People pushing/shoving/any physical contact well dancing
9. People asking/commenting/conversing with you as you play a song
11. People who have more than one coin on the line
12. People who pay for multiple plays and keep on going ignoring anyone else who might want to play
13. People who dirty the machine in any way imaginable
14. People who walk in front of you as you play (Its happened!)
15. Someone holding the bar on your pad as you play
16. Someone messing with your mods as you select a song
17. Someone selecting a song for you without your approval
18. Someone who purposefully tries to obstruct your view
19. Someone who jumps on your pad before/during/after you play a song
20. Someone who uses the bar on easy songs that have no need for it (beginner mode)

Alright, I could go on but I think the list is just getting too long...

You f*cken rock!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
hey_its_me
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i'm a total noob at this i play at home not arcades but

1. whats a coinline?
2. whats a crossover?

ok i played at an arcade a few times and heres the things that piss me off

1. people begging for money
2. people calling me a noob frust.gif
3. people shadowing
4: people leaving trash everywhere goog.gif
5: MY MOTHER YELLING GOOD JOB AND EMBARASSING THE HELL OUT OF ME!

Sig made by Krip.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
InvisibleMonkey
Basic Member
Basic Member

34. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some probably repeated...

1. When someone assumes they can play versus with you because they put enough tokens for 5 games even though your token was up first

2. When you aren't confident in yourself (or the person in #1) and you say something and they reassure you they can pass it...and you get an "A" and they fail horribly

3. When you're right behind someone about to get on the machine and the person almost leaves with your coin

4. (kinda funny)When you ask if they're next, tell them about a coin line, they don't trust you and you put your coin up and 3 people get to go before them....stupid ARCADE noobs

5. When someone puts in tokens for 7 (no lie) games and you have to pay them the money to play

6. When little kids think they're hardcore by doing butterfly on beginner and stomping on the pad as hard as possible.....then fail, lol
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
ZephyrGlaze
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey_its_me wrote:

1. whats a coinline?
2. whats a crossover?

RTFM.
Well, I guess it doesn't have a definition for coin line. It really should. Anyone up to describing it?
Fedora
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday, this 14 year old kid jumped up on the pad next to me while I was playing Dam Dariram as an Extra Stage. I'm really bad at reverse, so his little "mocking" shadowing was really annoying.

I asked him to stop about 8 times, and everytime he's like "No, I'm cool, lookatme dance huh huh huh." So I get to the end of the song, knee drop on the arrow with my left knee while stomping as hard as i can on his right foot with my right foot, so it looked like it was all part of some wierd freestyle move I did.

He goes crying to the arcade manager, who pretty much saw the whole thing and laughs in his face. Apparently, this kid has been a problem before. The manager just gives him a "Well, you shouldn't have been making fun of him then. I saw him ask you nicely to stop." and walks away.

I sorta glared at him as he left and I was leaving (it was closing time.) About then I think he realized I was about 6 years older and 130 pounds heavier... he started walking quite a bit faster out the door.

Stupid people suck.

-TNK
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i already mentioned this before but like...i hate it when they play the same song over and over and over and over...which, in their case, they can pass it but i hate it when they play it over and over and over and over...and over......and.........over...and...well am i exaggerating too much? lololl....Little Boy is NOT THE SONG TO PLAY OVER AND OVER KID!!! blah...lol riiight.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry john i haven't been to an arcade for over a year lol riiight.gif oh and you joined ddrfreak the day before my b-day

Sig made by Krip.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
coldplayer09
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thing that aggravates me is when the machine is OFF...like DOWN...the kids still play it...grrrrr lol um...im lost on the subject now...is this the right thread? lol hmmm!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 152, 153, 154  Next
Page 2 of 154

Jump to: