Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official Pad Adapter Thread (consoles ONLY)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosbuzz
Basic Member
Basic Member

60. PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Red Octane dual platform edition and a official konami modded softpad for xbox. I am looking for a way to hook up these 2 xbox pads to the computer for stepmania. Any suggestions on the best adapter for my case?
View users profile Send private message
DocMenach
Basic Member
Basic Member

61. PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you have two options. If you want to connect more than one pad you can get this one:

http://www.knightdiscounts.com/videogame_xbox.htm

It's about halfway down the page "Xbox to PC Converter (4 port)". It costs about $14, and you can get free shipping if you pad your cart a little to bring the total over $20, otherwise you'll pay $4 for shipping.

If you only need to connect one pad you can get this one:

http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/0/VG-XBOX2PCAB/xbox+usb

This one runs $6 plus $3 for shipping.

Contrary to what the previous person in this thread said, these converters will work fine for Dance pads as long as you download the recent drivers, which are availiable for free download at both shops.

Also, since the Xbox controllers are just glorified USB interfaces anyway, the converter doesn't really convert much except for the plug itself, meaning that you won't have issues with latency or lag, like you might if you were using a PS2 to PC converter.
eepiccolo
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any suggestions on a PS2 to GCN adapter? This is for Mario Mix, of course. I did an eBay search, and there seems to be several options right now. Has anyone bought one yet?

The website of the best deck building company in Maryland
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
neothe0ne
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to write a semi-review for this adaptor as I have nothing else to do. If this is the wrong place, oh well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-PS-PS2-To-PC-USB-XBOX-Gamecube-Converter-Adapter_W0QQitemZ8228492700QQcategoryZ20385QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Unknown manufacturer. Accepts a PS2 controller plug and has three plugs for PC USB 2.0, Xbox, and GameCube.

Tested with a MadCatz Beat Pad 2 for PS2:
1. Plugged into a PC and tried with Stepmania. Up-down and left-right combos will not work, and the two directions can't be pressed at the same time. Up-left, up-right, down-right, and down-left combos work perfectly, as do single arrows, and there is no lag with usage. Wasn't able to test the Stepmania code.
2. Then plugged the Beat Pad into an Xbox and tried with DDR Ultramix 2. Pad works perfectly, heck it was better than my friend's Ultra Beat Pad for Xbox because this pad was less used. All arrow combos worked. Corner buttons do not register at all, though the Start button did.

Tested with an unknown brandless PS2 pad which looks like a Naki Revolution 2 knock-off with a Nintendo Action Pad-like surface and LED lights:
1. Plugged into a PC and tried with Stepmania. LAG. Up-down and left-right combos will not work, and the two directions can't be pressed at the same time. Up-left, up-right, down-right, and down-left combos work with LAG. Wasn't able to test the Stepmania code.
2. Plugged into the Xbox to try with DDR Ultramix 3. LAG. All arrows and arrow combos register, though late. Corner buttons don't register, Start button does register.
3. Plugged into the GameCube to try with DDR Mario Mix. Not recognized at all.

For PC this adaptor did not work as well because of the direction problem, but there may be a bypass. The price I bought it at was 4 pounds plus 7 pounds shipping, going to about $20 USD. I'd call it a worthy purchase, as it converts PS2 controllers to the Xbox, PC, and GameCube almost flawlessly (the pressure sensitive buttons sometimes caused problems in a few games). For pads, it's only useful for converting major brand-name PS2 pads to the Xbox.

Last edited by neothe0ne on Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Zarcom
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ddr pad I bought recently, is good, except if you are like me and has crappy balance at times (I train in martial arts almost everyday). Here is a godo site to go to:

http://www.gameenhancer.net.

they also have this usb adapter, I have it myself, but I bought it from a local store in my area, im glad that this website is selling the adapter as well, because its a really good adapter.

See yaz bye.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
FoxFireX
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to second a previously asked question, but has anyone come up with a converter that works for Mario Mix? I've tried a couple of different ones, and they just are not recognized by the game. Can't dance, can't get into the menu, can't even dismiss the safety warning until it goes away on its own. These converters work fine if I hook up a DualShock to them, but no pure digital PS1 era pad I've tried works. Anyone got anything that does?
ropeadope
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this thread isn't too unpopular...

Anyone have experience with a PS2->Cube converter using a Madcatz Beatpad? I've been eager to try DDR Mario Mix on the cube, but not sure if everything would be compatible. Don't know if all the buttons would be functional and everything. Anyone know of a good PS2->Cube converter? I would need to be able to hit two buttons simultaneously also. Thanks.
hey muuuuu
Basic Member
Basic Member

67. PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if for playstation 3 if they uses the same wires and stuff as playstation 2. Or will i have to get an adpater to make playstation 2 controls work on paystation 3
DefaultGen
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "unnamed" controller. (It says Innex, but the only play I can find them is Ebay. Just search for "DDR Converter Xbox PS2") Theyre around $12.

This converter works PERFECTLY for my Xbox. Tested with a Cobalt Flux on Ultramix 1-3 and StepmaniaX. No lag present at all, jumps work fine, its cheap and it rocks biggrin.gif
Kimmy
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone else had this problem. I'm using a 3rd party metal pads on my xbox and it registers as a hand held controller whenever I play UM3 online. Maybe It has something to do with the converter box I'm using.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
FoxFireX
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmy wrote:
I wonder if anyone else had this problem. I'm using a 3rd party metal pads on my xbox and it registers as a hand held controller whenever I play UM3 online. Maybe It has something to do with the converter box I'm using.

My understanding is that this is normal behavior, and the best you'll get with any converter. The only way to make the system think you have an actual dance mat is if the controller itself reports itself to be a dance mat. I don't think any converter boxes will have that sort of reporting, since they have no way to verify that you actually have a mat on the other end, rather than a controller. If they let a converter report as a mat, you could connect a regular controller instead, and the whole system would be for naught.
DefaultGen
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxFireX wrote:
Kimmy wrote:

My understanding is that this is normal behavior, and the best you'll get with any converter. The only way to make the system think you have an actual dance mat is if the controller itself reports itself to be a dance mat. I don't think any converter boxes will have that sort of reporting, since they have no way to verify that you actually have a mat on the other end, rather than a controller. If they let a converter report as a mat, you could connect a regular controller instead, and the whole system would be for naught.

Uh, the converter I posted like literally the post before you posted recognizes your pad as a DDR pad (or a regular controller or wheel if thats your fancy E13.gif ) I don't see why it shouldn't work on Live.
Jman39
Basic Member
Basic Member

72. PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DefaultGen wrote:

This "unnamed" controller. (It says Innex, but the only play I can find them is Ebay. Just search for "DDR Converter Xbox PS2") Theyre around $12.

This converter works PERFECTLY for my Xbox. Tested with a Cobalt Flux on Ultramix 1-3 and StepmaniaX. No lag present at all, jumps work fine, its cheap and it rocks biggrin.gif

Wow, this sounds really great. Only one question I can think of. Does it recognize your flux as a dance pad with this adapter, so that the corners are disabled in Ultramix 1?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
DefaultGen
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jman39 wrote:
DefaultGen wrote:

Wow, this sounds really great. Only one question I can think of. Does it recognize your flux as a dance pad with this adapter, so that the corners are disabled in Ultramix 1?

Yep, turns it off for all the Ultramixes, works fine.
Evank
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could i get a link to the page that has the adapters that are compatible with COBALT FLUX - > USB/Stepmania

-Evan
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
FoxFireX
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm not the only one who's been looking for this, and I don't think I've seen it anywhere else, so here you go: Tototek makes a GameCube adaptor that actually works for digital PS controllers (read: dance mats). Thus, finally, DDR: Mario Mix with PSX mats. I just got a pair of them in today, and I can confirm they do the job, although there is one issue.

The converter allows you to press up/down or left/right together, but when you let one go, the other retriggers. For instance, you're holding left and right after a jump. A left arrow is coming up, so you lift your left foot... and the right arrow triggers. In this instance that's okay, but when you're making jumps, it's tough to leave both pads at the same instance, so you may get a great or worse on one of the two arrows. It also can throw in some off judgements in complicated runs (see: Bowser's Castle).

A bit of distraction, sure, but it means I can actually use my nicer pads to play the game. If you're actually playing this mix hopefully you're just playing for the fun rather than the scores, which is my approach. It's not perfect, but it's more than I've seen before.
Misto
Basic Member
Basic Member

76. PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any luck in finding a GCN -> PS2 Converter? My sister has a PS2 and she'd like to make use of the DDR Mario mat she got for Christmas (from me) on other DDR games. I was thinking if there was a GCN -> USB she might be able to use that on her PS2 since, from my understanding, it supports USB devices.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
guariche
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Thanks FoxfireX Reply with quote

I was actually fortunate to find a used DDR Mario Mix at Gamestop. (Without the pad). I purchased an MC Grooves game with pad, and it worked with DDR Mario Mix, but it is not the same quality as my Ignition 3.0. (I am just a 3-4 footer for now so it should last).

At least FoxFireX found an adapter for a PS2 to GC. I was looking at this one from Electric Quarter, http://www.electricquarter.com/ps3in1.htm and it seems to be a SMART Joy Plus???? I might just order it just to see if I can connect the PS2 connector on the ignition to the adapter to the GC.

Guariche
FoxFireX
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I tried that adaptor, or one that looked strikingly similar to it. Didn't do the job. Here's the catch though. It does successfully convert dance pads to the XBox. It successfully converts Dual Shock controllers to the GCN. Thereby giving the seller enough support to say that they weren't misleading in the description of the item. The one I got that looks like that would not successfully convert a dance pad to GCN, and I couldn't convince Play Asia to let me return them. My problem now is that I like Play Asia, but I don't really want to buy from them anymore because of this. frown.gif
guariche
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Arggh Reply with quote

Looks like I should save my money and just buy another foam pad then rather than hunt for a working adapter for the GC. I guess the lack of DDR games on GC really hurt it alot!!!

Else, I should just also buy a PS2 or XBOX for the other DDR. Well at least there is Stepmania.

Guariche
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: