Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official Pad Adapter Thread (consoles ONLY)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walked wrote:
Any suggestions on a PS2 -> Xbox? Apparently the Gemini isnt around anymore? This is for a Cobalt Flux.

Any others that work? I dont care about it registering as a pad, as long as it works find in StepMania.

Anyone?

I just picked up that Game-Elements one at CompUSA about an hour ago. They had several in stock. It appears to be working with my Ignition and XBox, but as I don't have Ultramix 2 yet, the only testing I could perform was fiddling around with the Dashboard menus and whatnot. In other words, I haven't yet tested up+down or left+right combos properly.

However, this adapter will not work for DDR mats on the Gamecube. I have no idea why. My hopes of playing DDR GB on my Gamecube have been dashed. But I'll probably stop caring once I get UM2 this weekend. Heh.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
amasayoshii
Basic Member
Basic Member

41. PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: nothin Reply with quote

nothin

Last edited by amasayoshii on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
RomeoJoe86
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the timing is that off in the game, then it may be that you need to go to Options/Control Settings/Dance Play Settings and select "off" for the side(s) that you have your CF on. That solved my big timing problem with the CFs on console games.

If you've already done that, then I think you may have to try something along the lines of +4...think I read that somewhere...wish I could find that site that explained the timing issues and proper timing settings for the console games on CF's...you know, the one about the narrower perfect time window in the arcade...maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about and can link to it...
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Walked
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got the BNS PS2-> Xbox based on many others saying it works, and only the left arrow sends a signal.

No luck here, but its alright with me, I got it under the premise that the included Xbox -> USB adapter will at least get used, which it will.
granny
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have information about getting an adapter for the Dreamcast? I have a Dreamcast DDR pad right now that's pretty lame (I've never seen a pad so thin) and isn't as good as my metal or even my foam PS1/2 pads. I'd like to use those instead, but I know that Dreamcast does not use USB, unlike PS2 and Xbox.

Thanks.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Libra
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how well these adapters work that are being sold on ebay???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41015&item=8181000966&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Andy_P
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That adapter above this post is the one I currently use that I got for free in my tx1000 box.

Click this image NOW!!!
http://www.digitalpraise.com/dancepraise.html
ddr Jesus mix
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NeoMover
Basic Member
Basic Member

47. PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the Gemini ps2->xbox/gc adapter. When I hook up a ps2 controller, it has a small amount of lag. When I hook up the konami soft pad, there is a massive lag. I mean, at least a full second lag.

Is there any way to fix this? I tried altering the timing in ultramix2, but it doesn't make it perfect, and I'd prefer to just know why it's messed up so I can fix it. When I hook up the pad directly to a ps2, there's no lag. I can't figure out where the problem is. The pad works, the adapter works, but together, they don't work very well at all.
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bananadine
Basic Member
Basic Member

48. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to me that people are getting screwed on the Game-Elements Gemini adapter... anyhow, I can say that I'm one of them! I bought two such adapters from GameStop (via Amazon, at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00012YI14/qid=1118882758/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl63/002-2416921-3764047?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846 ) and they both failed for me. They seem to work fine as PS2->Xbox and PS2->GameCube controllers, but I tried an old PlayStation controller and it didn't work at all with the GameCube, and worked only with sizable lag on the Xbox. My Cobalt Flux dance pads work just as badly as that with these adapters.

I built my own Cobalt Flux -> Xbox adapter instead, using plans I found at sinistarddr.com; it works perfectly!
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got one of those adapters for my xbox..
i built my pad, used a ps2 pad and used teh adapter and have had NO PROBLEMS..

i dont know why people are complaining about it..maybe i just got lucky laugh.gif

(it cost $10 for me at wal-mart)
Basic Member
Basic Member

50. PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience suggests that the discrepancy comes from the Gemini adapters' ability to work with only PS2 controllers, and not with the older controllers that I've been calling PSX controllers, the ones without analogue sticks. (I don't know much about PlayStations anyhow; I don't even own one!) According to it, a pad that is PS2-native would work well with the adapters, whereas a PlayStation dance pad that uses an older controller protocol would not. And since all types of PlayStation controllers, dance pads included, would use the same plug shape, you might not even know whether your pad would work with the adapter until you tried it.

But I might be wrong. And it's also possible that there are multiple versions of the Gemini adapters, only some of which have this issue. But whatever the case, I'm still satisfied with my soldered monstrosity!
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bananadine wrote:
My experience suggests that the discrepancy comes from the Gemini adapters' ability to work with only PS2 controllers, and not with the older controllers that I've been calling PSX controllers, the ones without analogue sticks. (I don't know much about PlayStations anyhow; I don't even own one!) According to it, a pad that is PS2-native would work well with the adapters, whereas a PlayStation dance pad that uses an older controller protocol would not. And since all types of PlayStation controllers, dance pads included, would use the same plug shape, you might not even know whether your pad would work with the adapter until you tried it.

My findings are somewhat similar to yours. However, I find that all-digital controls (like arcade sticks and dance pads) work fine when converting to XBox, but do nothing at all when converting to Gamecube. So either we're doing something differently, or, more likely, there are different hardware revisions of the gadget.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
XxBoBxX
Basic Member
Basic Member

52. PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some help with my adapter.

I just got a ps2 to xbox adapter, and it works fine. The only problem is I can't figure out how to get into the options menu(I need my 1.5 and such). Any suggestions?
Kvalhion
Basic Member
Basic Member

53. PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a gemini adapter a few days ago and tried it out with my ignition pad (converting PS2 --> xbox). It works fine but the delay (latency) is very noticeable and extremely annoying, and the accuracy doesn't seem that great either. I figured I would try the adapter because the redoctane ignition pads for xbox usually craps out. Oh well, worth a shot.
NiGHTS Chao
Basic Member
Basic Member

54. PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new here

I want an adapter that can support 2 pads, now I was going to pick the Super joy Box Pro, but it seems that (with other adapters) people are having trouble:

- hitting arrows really fast
- hitting double arrows

Yes, I'm building my own dance pad but I want 2 ports so my friend can play with me and I dont want any problems with hitting arrows fast or hitting double arrows

can someone help meh (^^')?

If someone says this is in the wrong thread the complain to Cutriss because he told me to come here
Griesus
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbox works I think. I am not quite sure about the joypad pokemon.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAussie2005
Basic Member
Basic Member

56. PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: I'm selling 2 PS Joy Converters by Boom. Reply with quote

Hey, I bought 2 PS Joy Converts about a month ago and I never used them because i got a flip top and bought all the japanese ddr games. If anyone is interested in buying them, I will be putting them on ebay tomorrow. I can post a link here once they are there. They are in excellent condition and they come with the USB cord to go into your PC. Thank you. (My ebay user id is Megaloaf3000)
TheAussie2005
Basic Member
Basic Member

57. PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boom-Playstation-to-USB-PS-Joy-Converter-Adapter-DDR_W0QQitemZ5800366353QQcategoryZ3677QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boom-Playstation-to-USB-PS-Joy-Converter-Adapter-DDR_W0QQitemZ5800366738QQcategoryZ3677QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are 2 boom converters if anyone's interested. Thanks.
koofu
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: =] Reply with quote

oldskoolgirl wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the BuynShop adapter is any good? Thanks

actually i shopped with BuyNShop before, their adapters work pretty good. it confused me at first, because their adapter bundle is for the PS to Xbox adapter + Xbox to PC adapter. The bundle comes with 2 cables; the small cable (xbox to pc) cable confused me at first though, as i thought it was supposed to connect with the xbox to ps cable. But at least it both cables work great and they still do.. oh yeah and it was only $15! I think they had some deal going on or some sort. i dont know, just go check out their site for adapters and other DDR stuff i guess

Patty cake, patty cake, microwave
These suckas make a square, damn I'm paid
I'm so cool, but I'm so hot, and I'm, I'm so fly, and you, you're so not
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
123aaabbbccc
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buynshop only has 2 cables for xbox that i know of. the PS2-Xbox adapter works perfectly.
http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/45/VG-XBX-PS2X/

they also have an Xbox to PC cable, but i found out that its not made for DDR pads, not even 3rd party hand held controllers. its just meant for the original xbox controllers.

http://www.buynshop.com/productinfophp3/VG-XBOX2PCAB

in short:
PS2-Xbox = good for DDR
xbox - PC USB = not for DDR pads.

however, in response to the original question. none of the these are for XBOX to Playstation. jusst the other way around and for PCs..
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: