Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official Pad Adapter Thread (consoles ONLY)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my adapter for the dance pad for ps2 i think was faulty..
i tried it out on my friends ps2 and it didnt work so im gonna return and hopefully that will work..
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
adamthole
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought 2 Universal Controller Adapter by Game-Elements (GEMINI) yesterday for 10 bucks each at Wal-Mart. They probably had 8 or so left if anyone has been looking for them.

Anyway, I noticed there is a switch to switch it between wheel and gamepad. I'm guessing that makes it register as either a wheel or gamepad to the Xbox. I have seen generic converters that have a DDR switch. Do you know if it is possible to modify this one to register as a DDR pad?

EDIT: After taking it apart and looking at the circuitry, I don't think it can be done.

Last edited by adamthole on Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
RnB180
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gemini converter is out of production,

out of frys, circuit city, compusa, walmart... compusa had this one, and it was the only converter availabe, all the other stores didnt have any in stock.

Will this work with the xbox and cobalt flux? someone asked about it in another thread and no one answered it.

Im assuming this is the new gemini? since it says gemini NOWHERE on the package Im a bit concerned. it has the gge815 model number though.
View users profile Send private message
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RnB180 wrote:
Im assuming this is the new gemini? since it says gemini NOWHERE on the package Im a bit concerned. it has the gge815 model number though.
It should be hidden on the back with the trademark information - Gemini owns the GameElements brand.

Yeah, this should work. I've got one, though it was in slightly different packaging.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
RnB180
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was yours the one with the red packaging?

do you notice lag with the CF and xbox ultramix?
slvrshdw
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope it doesnt...thats the one i bought..i dont have teh pad yet tho..im building mine and all i have is a ps2 pad to work with..

ill let u kno if i find any lagging
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Jeremy37077829
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. I got one of those parallel port adapters from levelsix for 10 bucks. I connected an ignition pad to it and downloaded the software. The only problem is that my pad is super sensitive or something when it is hooked up so whenever I lay it down it goes all crazy with button pressing. I am figuring the problem is with "force feedback" which I tried to adjust to something else but Windows XP (which I hate) wont let me do it, it just closes down the program for the pad adapter all together. This might seem like a hard question to answer, but does anyone have any alternatives to this (somebody who has/has had Windows XP and the parallel port adapter from level six)? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
MagicMan
Basic Member
Basic Member

27. PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Cobalt Flux - XBOX - Control Box Reply with quote

Looks like someone made a XBOX converter that support xbox live.

they put it up on ebay.. what do you guys/gals think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21185&item=8165860031&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
adamthole
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks cool to me. Is it particularly hard to get an xbox adapter for the cobalt flux? Or is it registering as a pad that is the problem?

Also, on the Gemni adapter, I think I am experiencing lag with a BNS and Ultramix 2. Perhaps it is just me getting used to the feel of the Xbox, but something feels different. Has anyone else had problems with it? Maybe it is in my head...
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
RomeoJoe86
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my hands on a couple of BOOM PS Joy Converters from icewolf20 on ebay for $12 each. These are the rare adapters that everyone talks about and the Cobalt Flux Forums have been raving about their recent appearance. The standard by which all others are compared...the #1 recommended USB adapter from the Stepmania website. I'm using two of them on two Cobalt Flux (version 2) Pads and they work flawlessly (as in no lag at all, unlike those other adapters ::cough...EMS USB2...cough:E1.gif. This is, of course, a PS2 -> USB Converter to connect dance pads to Stepmania on the computer.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Jeremy37077829
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RomeoJoe86 wrote:
Got my hands on a couple of BOOM PS Joy Converters from icewolf20 on ebay for $12 each. These are the rare adapters that everyone talks about and the Cobalt Flux Forums have been raving about their recent appearance. The standard by which all others are compared...the #1 recommended USB adapter from the Stepmania website. I'm using two of them on two Cobalt Flux (version 2) Pads and they work flawlessly (as in no lag at all, unlike those other adapters ::cough...EMS USB2...cough:E1.gif. This is, of course, a PS2 -> USB Converter to connect dance pads to Stepmania on the computer.

any software needed to be installed on your comp. or is it just plug and play?
RomeoJoe86
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Software needed - it is just plug and play, but when you do install the software, the control panel game controllers setup for this adapter is just more aesthetically pleasing

Actually, the only reason you would NEED to install the software is to use the analog controllers when you're using a Playstation controller...and dance pads don't use analog to be played, so it's really only if you're gonna hit up those emulator games that require an analog feature...::paperboy::...anyways...

So to answer your question, no. Just plug it in and enjoy it in its awesomeness.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
theidol
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a psx-usb adapter from radioshack. its radioshack brand and it comes with drivers. does anyone know if this adapter is worth it or should i take it back?

"It's only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you have lost everything that you are free to do anything." -Tyler Durden
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
RomeoJoe86
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it back.
Icostalibedron
Basic Member
Basic Member

34. PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it back unles it was dirt cheap and you want a decent controller adapter for NORMAL controllers. But, if it is for DDR DON'T BOTHER. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere and you are stuck, you can probably mod a flat pad to switch O X [] and ^ with the arrows. Besides that RETURN IT.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Autobot
Basic Member
Basic Member

35. PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got gemini and tried on xbox the ps2 controller works fine but my cobalt flux v2 doesnt work at all any tips
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

36. PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official Pad Adapter Thread Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
Got a question about a USB or LPT adapter?? See THIS THREAD instead.
If you don't start reading, I'll start warning.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Walked
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions on a PS2 -> Xbox? Apparently the Gemini isnt around anymore? This is for a Cobalt Flux.

Any others that work? I dont care about it registering as a pad, as long as it works find in StepMania.

Anyone?
RomeoJoe86
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walked, does an XBox have USB ports that you can hook up controllers to? If so, you may want to look into getting a good PS2->USB adapter. I know next to nothing about XBox though, so it's only a suggestion.
Walked
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RomeoJoe86 wrote:
Walked, does an XBox have USB ports that you can hook up controllers to? If so, you may want to look into getting a good PS2->USB adapter. I know next to nothing about XBox though, so it's only a suggestion.

Sadly, no, it does not.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: