Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official Pad Adapter Thread (consoles ONLY)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daikenkai =[
Trick Member
Trick Member

100. PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some "HVG2" adapter at Fry'ws and it remaps the d-pad to buttons, the only thing not buttons are the analog. I did it two player, a Gamestop softpad as well as a 12v wired mod pad (modded ddr dance drum into a 1.5 inch pad).
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
DarkCSE
Trick Member
Trick Member

101. PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my xfps360 in the mail, and it works great with my red octane afterburner and DDR Universe.

The one thing about using the xfps360 is that you do need a WIRED controller to get it to work. It uses some sort of pass-through so that the controller sends out the initial signal through the xfps to the 360 and gets the controller player # which is then taken up by the xfps. So you can just use your wired soft pad that came with universe for that.

After that, it's all good.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
infamous360
Trick Member
Trick Member

102. PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anybody tell me if the xfps 360 thing works with bluesharks?
Kalek
Trick Member
Trick Member

103. PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infamous360 wrote:
can anybody tell me if the xfps 360 thing works with bluesharks?
probably will
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StompToYoBeat
Trick Member
Trick Member

104. PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I bought a 360 months ago and I have wanted to play the DDR UM mixes on it. I was not sure if:

A) the games were compatible with the 360
B) is it possible to use the Innex or Gemini PS2->Xbox converter on my CF to play these games?

Accomplishments:
AA on Captain Jack
AA on Candy Unlimited
AA on So Deep
AA on Sakura
A on MAX 300 (320 combo)
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bunnymoon
Trick Member
Trick Member

105. PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: ASiD Controller Adapter For PS3 Reply with quote

ASiD Controller Adapter For PS3
Allows you to play PS2 games using a ps2 Controller on your PS3.

Ive tried it on fighting games, Ive tried it in Grand Theft auto San Andreas, and Ive Tried it on DDR, Wont work on Guitar Heroes, dont know about beatmania.

I dont claim to be an expert. But it works reasonably well, Ive tried it on a dance pad and the freeze arrows seems to work fine even though several websites say it doesnt so it may be the pad Im using. No rumble but i can live with it.... for know.

Since Nyko Has pulled there adapter they were planning on releasing off their website , Id get this adapter as soon as possible, you never know if Sony goes sue happy again(my opinion and not meant to offend, I apologize in Advance).

Any comments or quips would be appreciated, I would like to see if anybody has bought this and tried using it on Heavy or Oni.
View users profile Send private message
DarkCSE
Trick Member
Trick Member

106. PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bunny, what pad are you using? Also, have you tried using an analogue controller to start GH2 and then switching to the guitar controller once the game is loaded?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DarkCSE
Trick Member
Trick Member

107. PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone been able to find and try this:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802566

Edit: Got one

It works really with DDR and ITG. Haven't tried it w/ Guitar Hero since a friend is borrowing both discs. I'll try beatmania US later. I want to use the Japanese IIXD mixes, but the system region locks out Japanese PS2 discs. If anyone has a solution please PM me.
crunchewy
Trick Member
Trick Member

108. PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Any working PS2-to-GCN adaptors? Reply with quote

Are there yet any known 100% working PS2-to-GCN adaptors? I ordered a "Cube Joybox Pro" from play-asia: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-g4-49-en-70-14p.html as it was cheap, and it says that it's a new version that supports dance pads, but has anyone tried it? This would be for use with DDR Mario Mix, of course.
crunchewy
Trick Member
Trick Member

109. PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Any working PS2-to-GCN adaptors? Reply with quote

crunchewy wrote:
Are there yet any known 100% working PS2-to-GCN adaptors? I ordered a "Cube Joybox Pro" from play-asia: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-g4-49-en-70-14p.html as it was cheap, and it says that it's a new version that supports dance pads, but has anyone tried it? This would be for use with DDR Mario Mix, of course.

I took a chance and ordered a Red Octane Ignition 3.0 to use with that PS2-to-GC adapter and, as far as I can tell, it works flawlessly. In playing Mario Mix I don't notice any lag at all, though I should note that I'm not at the same level as many of the people here - to me Mario Mix is plenty challenging. Still, I immediately found myself able to do much better when playing with the Ignition 3.0, so I really don't think there is any lag or other issues.

I'm not sure if it would work with other PS2 dance pads or not, but it certainly seems to work great with the Ignition 3.0. The adapter does have a slight annoyance in that you have to press a button combination after you power up (start+select+up) in order to put it into dance pad mode, but that isn't a big deal. It works great and it was cheap. I'm very happy with the "Cube Joybox Pro" adapter so far.
Travelsonic
Trick Member
Trick Member

110. PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have any good ideas, or tutorials on making a PSX/PS2 controller to JAMMA adapter for this oddball System 573 project I am working on?
kyle759
Basic Member
Basic Member

111. PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I'm a complete n00b at DDR. So much of a n00b that I've never actually even played a game. Sorry, but I'm too old and fat to be humiliating myself in public like that - I'm playing this on consoles only (OK, I'm not THAT old and fat, just too old and fat to be embarrassing myself in public playing DDR).

Which is where my question comes in of course. I've got all three current gen systems, the PS3, the Wii and the 360 (no, I'm not rich, lol, I got them all for free). Is it at all within the realm of possibility to get one pad that would be good to use with all three (obviously with adapters)? If so, which pad would be the best and what adapters would work? I'm assuming this would also play any backwards compatible Wii/Xbox/PS2 DDr games also? I'm looking for a decent pad, but I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on metal pads or anything like that. A decent foam one will do, anything that is not slippery and will last a decent amount of time for a reasonable price (it doesn't have to be bargain basement of course - for most things I tend to buy the middle of the road ones. The cheap ones are exactly that - cheap and on expensive things I usually end up paying for stuff I'll never use).
DarkCSE
Trick Member
Trick Member

112. PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for a simple pad to work with all systems, just get a red octane ignition pad or something. It's padded and should last for a bit if you're staying away from heavy/expert mode.

As for adapters, you'll want PS2->[x] System adapters.

xfps360 to go PS2->360
Pelican PS3/PS2 Adapter for PS2->PS3
Wii(GC) Red Octane Universal Adapter PS2->GC (Wii DDR pads will use GC port).

I own the first two and can confirm they work, but I haven't tried the Adapter for the GC.
epfegn
Basic Member
Basic Member

113. PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Pad Adapter: Xbox -->Wii Reply with quote

Hello,

Does anyone know of an adapter that would allow my xBox soft pad to work with the Wii?

Thanks!
DarkCSE
Trick Member
Trick Member

114. PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick FYI: The Red Octane Universal Adapter for PS2->GC controller does NOT work for DDR: HP. It acts like it's always holding down a scrolling button.
dj HaQ
Trick Member
Trick Member

115. PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCSE wrote:
Pelican PS3/PS2 Adapter for PS2->PS3

Totally doesn't work with my Cobalt Flux.
Trick Member
Trick Member

116. PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works on my Afterburner just fine.
Stugein
Basic Member
Basic Member

117. PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the game-elements adapter by Gemini that is mentioned at the begining of this thread and I cannot get it to work at all on the Wii with my Ignition 3.0 pad for Hottest Party. :/ Hate hate hate the pad that came with the game and it's makin' my feet hurt on my floor. Can someone link an adapter that is confirmed to work for RO pads on the Wii?
moltenice
Basic Member
Basic Member

118. PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I got the game-elements adapter by Gemini that is mentioned at the begining of this thread and I cannot get it to work at all on the Wii with my Ignition 3.0 pad for Hottest Party. :/ Hate hate hate the pad that came with the game and it's makin' my feet hurt on my floor. Can someone link an adapter that is confirmed to work for RO pads on the Wii?

I was wondering the same thing, except with a Cobalt Flux. Anyone have a solution?
ddeeaallzz
Basic Member
Basic Member

119. PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, any help would be appreciated with finding an adapter for a Cobalt Flux that works with Mario Mix and Hottest Party. I too just bought the Game Elements adapter off eBay and it does not work, so save your money.

So pumped about playing MM and HP on CF, but can't find an adequate adapter... E2.gif With as many DDR fans here playing HP, I figured there'd be a solution here for sure. frown.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: