Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

where to find mp3s
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ren (I like FFA)
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too many people are kissing crystine's and the sites buttocks on this topic disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
krikkit
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you kiss buttocks when talking about copyright law?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
gussguss
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering but does that mean DWI's are illeagle?? (includes te mp3)
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
krikkit
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if Konami has enforceable copyrights on the step patterns, but the Mp3s certainly are illegal.
B*Real
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If MP3's are illegal, then why is there such thing as REALPLAYER? I mean, If we can't download copywritten music, then why is there REALPLAYER?
WizyWyg
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capcom man wrote:
If MP3's are illegal, then why is there such thing as REALPLAYER? I mean, If we can't download copywritten music, then why is there REALPLAYER?

have you even READ anything in this thread?

The songs that realplayer provides for download or the media they provide (http://www.real.com) is licensed by them to do so. If you mean sites that make their own real content (ie tv stations, radio stations) Its their's to begin with
If you mean joe schmoe who recorded something off of mtv, that's illegal.

Real player is legal. Its a software like Winamp.
View users profile Send private message
WizyWyg
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR (1) wrote:
krikkit wrote:
So you asked Konami and they said it was okay, huh?
How about Carl Douglas, Chumbawamba, Roxette, and all the other artists who specifically licensed their music to Konami for exclusive use in the Bemani games? Did you contact them and ask them if you could post their tunes? After all, it was in a Bemani game, so therefore it is somehow Konami's music, right?
Sorry, until you have a copy of an email straight from Konami's legal department, I wouldn't think too well of the friend of a friend's 'official word'.

Yeah, lets just blow off what COREY said. I would say HE is a pretty reliable source, don't you think so? blink.gif (Ya know, Max300 man?)

This is the net. Unless you have or he has a physicla signed legal document stating such, as they say with the net, you can only believe what is tangible. So cough up the so called document stating this he is allowed to.

As they say "put up or shut-up". Corey? Who give hes "max300" man. I dont know who he is. And he doesn't work for Konami. Or Konami Tokyo. And since Bemani is totally japanese the last time I looked, they wont send him anything in english unless it oges through KOA. So cough up the legal documents.
Spike
Administrator
Administrator

67. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I don't see why Konami would say it was ok for you to download all the mp3's instead of buying the Dancemania CD's....
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is how i deal with the whole "mp3 problem" frankly i dont give a shit about copywrite laws because producers of music make so much goddamn money anyway, loosing a little because i wont buy their things doesnt mean anything to me.
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money is money, they get it, they don't. We can argue the importance of unit sale revenue all day, just don't forget your hardass words when someone NARCs on you, or one of the RIAA's bills go through, and they start canvassing all your user-friendly MP3 downloaders(cuz nobody remembers how to use FTP anymore), and the FBI knocks up your telephone line.
It will likely never happen, but in the off chance it does, tell them you don't give a poopy then.

*the above was meant as a little bit of levity. No, I don't actually think the RIAA is going to find you. You're a little pissant in the system, like the rest of us. What they care about are the distributors.*
krikkit
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike wrote:
Yes, I don't see why Konami would say it was ok for you to download all the mp3's instead of buying the Dancemania CD's....

Didn't you hear, Spike... COREY said so..you know...MAX 300 GUY?
WizyWyg
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfusionpm wrote:
this is how i deal with the whole "mp3 problem" frankly i dont give a shit about copywrite laws because producers of music make so much goddamn money anyway, loosing a little because i wont buy their things doesnt mean anything to me.

typical talk of a lamer. A lamer who tries to make excuses up because they think what they are doing is "right".

Oh Its only little ol me. Just me doing the pirating, the illegal.

Times that thinking by the 4.6 million downloads a day and see how much you're not hurting the "producers". They make money like the rest of us. So you're saying they dont deserve what they rightfully earned? They work hard as we work hard. Just because they get paid more than the average Mcdonalds worker, doesn't mean we disrespect them.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not saying its "right" im saying i dont care.
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we know. You don't give a poopy about copyright laws...until the day you need them to protect anything creative that you might come up with and think is pretty nifty. You'll like 'em then. That is, if you do anything creative.
But there's other laws I could not give a poopy about...like the laws that say that someone can't shoot you in the face to take your money.
With all the overpopulation out there, why should I care about one less person, there's so many more of them, so if you get shot in the face, deal with it.

And yes, this is much different than just downloading files. Thats what extremes are for - examples. You don't give a poopy till it applies to you.
AeroHawk
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get drool.gif FREE drool.gif mp3s here!: http://209.126.178.119/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9615

End. Don't ask about them.
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my view on downloading anything on the net.

Too bad.
It happens. Try and stop it, a way will come to keep it going. Stop something like Napster, 5 more will come up.
Too bad.
It's 'wrong'?
Too bad.
Everyone has a different view of right and wrong. And how right and wrong things can be. If someone doesn't care, then guess what?
Too bad.
Give a person the ability to do this, they will abuse it. Who cares? I don't. You may.
Too bad.
It's easy, it's fast, it's free.
Too bad for the artists. Oh well.
It happens.
Life sucks.

Too bad.
krikkit
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, its only 'too bad' until it applies to you.
You do realize that there are people right here and now on this board that want to make a living doing something like music or art, and you're telling them, not some faceless millionaire, that you don't care?
That's only one step away from walking up to them on the street, flashing your burned copy of their music, and shouting "Eat this, b*tch, I don't give a crap about you!"
I'm not telling you to stop..I'm guilty too. And yet, this thread wouldn't amount to much if we all just agreed with each other about how useless law is.
cfusionpm
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i had millions of dollars, a 10,000 square foot house, and enough cars to fill a parking lot, as the majority of mainstream musicians have, i probably wouldnt care if even a lot people pirated my music.
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krikkit wrote:
Again, its only 'too bad' until it applies to you.
You do realize that there are people right here and now on this board that want to make a living doing something like music or art, and you're telling them, not some faceless millionaire, that you don't care?
That's only one step away from walking up to them on the street, flashing your burned copy of their music, and shouting "Eat this, b*tch, I don't give a crap about you!"
I'm not telling you to stop..I'm guilty too. And yet, this thread wouldn't amount to much if we all just agreed with each other about how useless law is.

I'm saying it happens. Life sucks, deal with it. I am thinking of pursuing a career in music. Oh well for me if I end up being a musician. Anyways, it's practically only the mainstream, big-time people that get pirated. Probably about 95% or more of the time, it's gonna be some star. But oh well, shit happens. And there will always be someone who isn't gonna pirate music. And plenty of them.
krikkit
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sho' nuff.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: