Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Level Six Deluxe Dance Mat v3.1 (Ignition Style)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kingdarian
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-88-70-2lw.html#

Is this one of the Level six pads? I didn't see any others in the forum that looked like it, but I really liked the price. Can anyone tell me how good these are if they aren't the same as the level six ones?
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingdarian wrote:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-88-70-2lw.html#

Is this one of the Level six pads? I didn't see any others in the forum that looked like it, but I really liked the price. Can anyone tell me how good these are if they aren't the same as the level six ones?

That's not a Level Six; Level Six pads say "Level Six" in yellow and blue letters on the control box; it's hard to miss.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Kingdarian
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ordered/used that 3rd party pad? I wanna know if it'd be worth it to get that pad. I really admire the price.
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased some 3rd party xbox pads that were called 2006 pads from innex inc. on ebay. The pads wer 12.99 each + shipping which equated to about 26 dollars per pad when it was all said and done.

The pads to me look of high quality throughout, and although I noticed some mis-steps, I am not totally convinced it's not me. I don't have any of the consistant misses that I got with my gamestop soft pads, and these were only 6 bucks more. I had to wait about 1 week for shipping from California, but for me they are well worth it.

They are also now selling for 10 bucks a piece since the new ignitions with the true "3.0" foam are now out.

From my experience and what I've read, in a majority of the cases, the difference you pay is in the foam, since I am convinced that all these pads, be them red octane, or level 6 or vortz or whatever, come from the same sweatshop in china.

If you are looking for perfection in a pad, these won't cut it, on higher step counts, but if you are looking for marked improvement, I recommend them highly. I can't see how a red octane can be that much better, and judging from the recent posts in some of the red octane thread, they aren't.
View users profile Send private message
earthsfate
Basic Member
Basic Member

64. PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wathomas777 wrote:
If you are looking for perfection in a pad, these won't cut it, on higher step counts, but if you are looking for marked improvement, I recommend them highly. I can't see how a red octane can be that much better, and judging from the recent posts in some of the red octane thread, they aren't.

What will you consider perfection? I' am thinking about geting something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21188&item=8176992700&rd=1
v4
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if that pad u r considering is from super_deal4u i highly don't recommend it. Since i bought two pads from him with foam inserts but not the ones with dense inserts but the actual sensors are crap (the stuff that has nothing to do with the inserts). After 4 hours with each pad each pad gave me boos even when i was stepping correctly. And one after a little while longer started self-pressing. I highly don't recommend this pad unless the sensors are different which i doubt i think the insert is a bit better but that is it. Beware of ebay pads frust.gif Basically each pad recognizes presses only sometimes now leading to failing and making them useless.
Mori Bokusochi
Basic Member
Basic Member

66. PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some advice pertaining to this Ignition pad. >_<; I bought one about 6 months ago (September 2004) for my birthday, and it's overall worked amazingly well for me up until recently. Lately, however, my arrows trigger sporadically without me hitting them.

Mainly, the left arrow does this, but I have also had trouble with my down and right. I have really huge feet for a 12-year old (size 9s), but I've checked, and I don't step on them by accident while in the center. Is there any way I can repair this, or do I have to buy new pads? X_X
Reallynotnick
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man if levelsix could just get there butt in gear I would totally pay them, but no, they have to do it the hard way! I have this great smart joy adapter sitting right next to me that I bought to play stepmania but i have no pad! The levelsix pad seems the best for the price and foam and I just have to jump some were because it seems like no pad is perfect. It has taken me about 1 year of searching and this one seems to be it but they just don't want me to have statisfaction!
masterh
Basic Member
Basic Member

68. PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first levelsix pad went kaput after maybe three weeks of play. The down arrow responded, but very rarely. They shipped out a new one fairly quickly, and I've been playing with that.
Since the old pad's been sitting around for the last four months, I figured I'd throw caution aside and try experimenting with the anatomy of a dance pad. I unzipped the pad and cut it open from the inside to see if maybe the wiring was goofy. Underneath the vinyl was a very thin, clear plastic section.
I cut this plastic section open to check out the wiring beneath... only to discover that the wiring was actually *printed* on the thin plastic section! Obviously, the down arrow is no longer working since I sliced part of the printed wiring.
My question - before I dump this pad, is there any way to easily reconnect the wiring? I figure no, but... never hurts to try. I tried using elecrical tape to bridge the sections (I have no idea how to solder together this printed wiring stuff), but no dice.
CNLohr
Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general with ignition pads there is no way to repair the wiring. In some cases (particularly with soft foam that LevelSix does not sell anymore) this mylar will actually crease and break.

I have yet to see any hit on how to repair that or any hint that anyone has ever been able.

That seems very strange considering the usual Hard foam mat failure is with the foam used between the two layers of circuit printed mylar.

Once that thin layer fails the pad is trash.

Did you find any obvious cause as to the reason the down arrow's electronics failed?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Vash7ehStampede
Trick Member
Trick Member

70. PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masterh wrote:
My first levelsix pad went kaput after maybe three weeks of play. The down arrow responded, but very rarely. They shipped out a new one fairly quickly, and I've been playing with that.
Since the old pad's been sitting around for the last four months, I figured I'd throw caution aside and try experimenting with the anatomy of a dance pad. I unzipped the pad and cut it open from the inside to see if maybe the wiring was goofy. Underneath the vinyl was a very thin, clear plastic section.
I cut this plastic section open to check out the wiring beneath... only to discover that the wiring was actually *printed* on the thin plastic section! Obviously, the down arrow is no longer working since I sliced part of the printed wiring.
My question - before I dump this pad, is there any way to easily reconnect the wiring? I figure no, but... never hurts to try. I tried using elecrical tape to bridge the sections (I have no idea how to solder together this printed wiring stuff), but no dice.

Electrical tape is an insulator. It won't help you at all here.
Just take a few short pieces of copper wire (you can find it at craft stores or really just about anywhere) and tape them to the printed wires to bridge them. That should work.
Reallynotnick
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news (I got this on the 28th)

"Nick,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for this situation.
Unfortunately, the Deluxe Mats are still on backorder and it will be
another 4-6 weeks before they arrive. At this point, due to the long
backorder, we are suggesting to customers that if they want a mat soon
they should look elsewhere. Also, customers are not charged until the
order is ready to ship, so your order can be cancelled at any time."
chuckly
Basic Member
Basic Member

72. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My aunt is going to the States in a few weeks and I’d like her to bring back an ignition style pad for me. Anyone know the approximate dimensions and weight of an an ignition style soft pad in the box?

Thanks.
boss matsumoto
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete post...
Reallynotnick
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I am about going crazy waiting for this pad! Anybody have any more news on avaibility? Also can anyone recomned another pad similar to this one within the same price rang?
prankster
Basic Member
Basic Member

75. PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys
I just bought a new Ignition soft pads; it's a decent one since it has 1.2in hardfoam insert
anyways, i just tried them out today and they seems pretty good until i played on my ps2 for about 2 hours straight
problem is the one i am majorly using quits the game if i just selected "Start Game" and then put my foot back at the center of the mat and bam it will bring back the top menu or the one with "Start game"
it really worries me since some wires maybe damaged when it's in the shipping process or the one who folded
i opened it up(the zippers), kind flatten the top layer abit and it seems to be working better. then it went back to the "normal" state again
just want to know what this really means; faulty pad or just minor problem that can be fixed?
View users profile Send private message Send email
swackerl
Basic Member
Basic Member

76. PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Still backordered ... Reply with quote

To keep this thread updated, here is a reply that I got from LevelSix this morning (5/12/05):

Quote:

Shaun,

We apologize for this situation. The Deluxe Mats and EMS adapters are
still on backorder and will continue to be on backorder for a few more
weeks - but we do not have a date yet. We do understand that this is an
exceptionally long time to have an order pending. At this point, we are
suggesting to customers that you may want to look elsewhere for in stock
mats and adapters. If you ever feel that the wait is too long just let
us know by email and your order will be cancelled. You will not be
charged until the order is ready to ship.

Looks like there's no end in sight, since this is similar to the email that Reallynotnick got on 3/28/05.
attennis
Basic Member
Basic Member

77. PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update:

Dear {Name omitted},

We apologize for this situation. The Deluxe Mats and EMS adapters are
still on backorder and will continue to be on backorder for a few more
weeks - but we do not have a date yet. We do understand that this is an
exceptionally long time to have an order pending. At this point, we are
suggesting to customers that you may want to look elsewhere for in stock
mats and adapters. If you ever feel that the wait is too long just let
us know by email and your order will be cancelled. You will not be
charged until the order is ready to ship.

Still same situation... Oh well!
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm utterly baffled by Level Six's lack of stock on those pads. From what I can tell, aside from "Level Six" branding on the circuit box, they're no different from the pads you can buy at any number of online stores that sell Ignition knockoffs, eBay included. But yet, they've been out of them for over half a year! Too weird. o_O
Reallynotnick
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointfiftynine? wrote:
I'm utterly baffled by Level Six's lack of stock on those pads. From what I can tell, aside from "Level Six" branding on the circuit box, they're no different from the pads you can buy at any number of online stores that sell Ignition knockoffs, eBay included. But yet, they've been out of them for over half a year! Too weird. o_O

How the heck do you keep a buisness going if your 2 top products have been out of stock for HALF A YEAR!!!! Man I wanted one of these pads so bad but then I finally went a bought a different brand.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: