Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Level Six Deluxe Dance Mat v3.1 (Ignition Style)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Dogg
Administrator
Administrator

40. PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to steal Cutriss's thunder: http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=99964
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, there apears to be an ignition knockoff on ddrnation.com for $37. Anyone know if it's any good and if the arrows are where you can feel them with your feet? http://ddrnation.com/dx.htm
StarDrifter
Basic Member
Basic Member

42. PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first post here, and I hope it's within etiquette.

My Mad Catz just gave out earlier this month: when demonstrating to my wife it even did the honor of consistantly stepping up while I wasn't even on it. So, I bought a pair of ignition knockoffs on ebay. Now it just seems right to be inquisitive.

How possible or difficult would it be to replace the foam? I am also thinking of modding one with wood, using the article on this website as reference.
View users profile Send private message
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pads bought off ebay are usually hit or miss. There's a significant chance you'll get shafted, but some people say it's worth it.
I've never heard about a way to replace the foam...normally, the foam isn't the problem, but rather the internal circuitry and rips in the nylon. The wood mod works with just about any softpad, but you should seek more advice if you want to mod anything inside the pad.
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm seriously gettin pissed at levelsix.
This backorder has laster over twice what they said it would. I have emailed them several times with no response. Worst of all, when I went to log into their site, it didn't recognize my account.
Has anybody else recently ordered from these guys? I's like some feedback on whether they actually deliver...

(sry bout the double post, but I need some help)
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Level Six's extremely long backorder period has me confused and kind of frustrated, too. I e-mailed them in January and got no response. It kind of seems like the people just disappeared and they're not even running anymore to me.
snekse
Basic Member
Basic Member

46. PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtwieg wrote:
Ok I'm seriously gettin pissed at levelsix.
This backorder has laster over twice what they said it would. I have emailed them several times with no response.

This is the response I got from LevelSix on Jan 5th:

Quote:

Unfortunately, the backorder will still be a few weeks. We will update
the site soon, but we don't have a definite date yet.
megan23451
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please help me! Foam-good if you need cushioning, but otherwise take it out. And, can someone help me? The right arrow is off time for some reason. Help me fix it please! riiight.gif Thanks! happy.gif[color=cyan][/color]
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
unenlightened
Basic Member
Basic Member

48. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read here that this Level Six pad is comparable to the RO Ignition and the BNS DX-Xtreme. Since the quality of the Ignition (down button) and the DX-Xtreme (shifting arrows) have gone down, does anyone know if the Level Six pad's quality is down too or still the same? I know that the pad's been on backorder since Decemeber and just e-mailed them to know if or when it's going to be back. Thanks in advance for any new information. biggrin.gif

14 buttons + $20 price range + lasts 5 or more years + AA on songs easily = PS2 game pad tongue.gif
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unenlightened- Last week I bought a pair of pads from Vortz off eBay from the seller Hydragames. In terms of features and looks, I think the Vortz and Level Six pads are identical. Same foam, same graphics, same everything. I've never played on a Level Six but just from from Level Six's description and my own experience with the Vortz pads, they're pretty much the same. And aside from the fact that they have two extra buttons, I'd say they're pretty much the same as RO Ignitions, too.

So far, they've been really good. It took some getting used to the hard foam, having previously played on a Konami DX pad with very squishy foam, but once I got used to them I've been doing better on them than on my old pad. However, I've only had them about a week, so there's plenty of time for problems to develop. They could easily turn out to be crap in a month or something. Still, if you're interested, you can take a look at Hydragames eBay store. You can get two pads for $60 shipped, or get them with a game for $75 shipped.

*Looks up at what he wrote* Man, I sound like a freakin' billboard for this seller. riiight.gif
Vash7ehStampede
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Level Six > You Reply with quote

I had a Level Six v2.1 pad (hard foam, 8 buttons plus Select/Start for a total of 10, the back corners are buttons but unmarked), cost me a mere 40 bucks, and it played as well as a RedOctane, it finally broke after a year with no previous problems. The pad is nearly identical to the current V3.1. So the pad cost me just over 10 cents for every day I had it... a RedOctane would have to last 2 and a half years with no trouble to match that. I'm probably going to buy two new Level Six V3.1's now (I only had the one before), which will cost $95 with shipping... less than the price of a single RedOctane before shipping.
Level Six > You. I will never buy an Ignition from another company.[/i]
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know another manufacturer besides levelsix that makes USB pads? I'm pretty fed up with their backordering bullshit. I'm about to file a legal claim, since they charged my credit card when I ordered from them in december, and I haven't heard from them at all.
Vash7ehStampede
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any good, similar quality, decently priced pads, since Level Six appears to have kicked the bucket?
Vash7ehStampede
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: I emailed Level Six yesterday to see if they were still alive, I got a response today that confirmed they were but said they had a very long backorder.
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vash7ehStampede wrote:
UPDATE: I emailed Level Six yesterday to see if they were still alive, I got a response today that confirmed they were but said they had a very long backorder.

I mailed them a week ago and got nothing...
could you be a bit more detailed plz?
CNLohr
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man... with the quality of LevelSix mats, I am willing to wait a long time. I'm about to stick myself in the backorder queue. Their USB mat works perfectly with StepMania... And now with the SMOnline build, it even automaps all of the buttons.

I am willing to wait for the quality insted of getting some RO from best buy that I know won't last as long.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Vash7ehStampede
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtwieg wrote:
Vash7ehStampede wrote:

I mailed them a week ago and got nothing...
could you be a bit more detailed plz?

Here are the e-mails:
Me wrote:
Are you still active and making and shipping pads? There haven't been
any recent site updates, and I've heard complaints that backorders are
taking far longer than the four weeks stated on the site.

Level Six wrote:
[my name deleted],

Yes, we are still around, but also the backorders are very long right
now.

-------------------------------------------------------
Steve Petusky
Sales Representative
Level Six & Ace High Supply
www.levelsix.com - for your DDR needs
www.acehighsupply.com - custom poker chips
boss matsumoto
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the USB pad work with mac or just windows?
megan23451
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, the pads should work with anything with a USB port. nerd.gif
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
CNLohr
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac and Linux but not PS2.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: