Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Level Six Deluxe Dance Mat v3.1 (Ignition Style)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arnoct
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was considering getting the 3.1; I had bought a 2.0 from levelsix but it died quite quicky. I'm guessing it was due to the fact that I'm 200+ pounds and the dense foam would squish under my weight, therefore warping the pad slightly E10.gif

/robodex two thousand and five
/#bemani on irc.dynastynet.net -- talk about bemani stuff.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
elementxero
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered one of these in the USB only version.

Can't wait to try it out! My homepad has been dead for months and I've been plunking quarters into arcade machines forever E1.gif

I'm a mid-range Heavy player, from 7-9 feet atm. I'll be sure to update this post with a report of how it's worked out for me.

Thanks for the reccomendation E1.gif
View users profile Send private message
Raymond85
Basic Member
Basic Member

22. PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, I want one of theese too.. But I have one big problem, ugly f****** levelsix doesn't ship outside america, and I live in Norway! That sucks... sucks big time.. Do you know any other stores around that sells theese?
riiight.gif
liddoxtc
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how come the pc ones are better biggrin.gif

i don't want to get the pc ones since i won't be able to plug it into the ps2 [since at times i go over to my friends house to play]

underconstruction...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're link doesn't work so here's a link with all the products of Level 6 DDR Pads:

http://www.levelsix.com/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=3611c013c1abeade5c592d721ae2e5fd

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
6pt7
Basic Member
Basic Member

25. PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered this yesterday...hope it's as good as I think it is E1.gif

Just offhand with anyone that has had experience with this particular pad (or any Ignition DX type pad), would you consider it necessary to mod it to prevent slippage, wear/tear, malfunctioning etc.? If so, what type of mod would you personally recommend?
billedoc
Basic Member
Basic Member

26. PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS DDR FREAK, Let Me Tell You Guys My Story.

I was looking for a ddr pad, I remembered that the website www.ddrfreak.com had a forum, so i checked to see if it said anything about pads and it did, in the controller forum! I looked at every pad in the START HERE topic and i found the level six pad. I usually don't get things online since im only 14 so I have to ask my mom to order it for me. The reason why I bought it is because you guys said it was exactly like the Red Octane Ignition 2.0 dance pad, and it is! The Level six pad uses the same exact foam as that pad and WHAT!?!?! its only 43.99? compared to 100 dollers. The levesix website is also excellent. I ordered the pad on 11/2 and it was shipped on 11/3 and i recieved it on 11/10 so im happy. As For Performance the pad is great! Its very accurate and way better than other pads, i havent played on the red octane pad but for 43 dollers you cant go wrong! I have had so many people play on the pad and still its the same as when i got it, i have people playing legend of maxx and AA it, very good! Thanks DDR FREAK lol sorry if my post was too long!
Toquinha
Basic Member
Basic Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own two of these and had them since the summer. I'm fairly satisfied with them, although I'm getting a bit of ghost stepping on one of the pads, plus one of them came with a dead "B" button. Having been burned by on-line retailers before, I didn't wanna risk sending it back for such a minor defect (I can always plug in a control pad and press "B" on it).

I did some minor modifications, having went to home depot and constructed Dance Pad frames. Quite simple, I had two sheets of plywood cut to fit the pad plus a 1.5 inch boarder. Then I took 1.5 thick square poles and made frames. I don't have anything covering them, though.

I think I made the frame a liiiitle bit tight, because it's only the bottom arrow that's ghost stepping, plus as soon as I pulled it out, it ghosts steps a little bit less now.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
6pt7
Basic Member
Basic Member

28. PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received mine today and I must say, I'm quite pleased with it thus far E13.gif

Now that I have my little investment, I was wondering how to take care if it properly--by modding it to extend its lifespan or whatever other measures. Does anyone have any suggestions or links to this? Yes, I have checked the stickies but most of those links are broken. Yes, I have tried searching for RyChan but apparently she took out the link to her mod out of her sig.
Poop-Loops
Basic Member
Basic Member

29. PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the Level Six regular, non-slip pads? Are they decent quality? Or am I better off just dishing out the extra $$ for those?

PL
Rychan
Contributor
Contributor

30. PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6pt7 wrote:
I just received mine today and I must say, I'm quite pleased with it thus far E13.gif

Now that I have my little investment, I was wondering how to take care if it properly--by modding it to extend its lifespan or whatever other measures. Does anyone have any suggestions or links to this? Yes, I have checked the stickies but most of those links are broken. Yes, I have tried searching for RyChan but apparently she took out the link to her mod out of her sig.
Sorry about that. I had removed it from my signature because it was supposed to be published as a site FAQ. I have returned it now that it has been published. Again, sorry frown.gif

Sadly, I don't check this section of DDR Freak much, I suppose I should start...
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im getting 2 of these pads for x-mas 2morrow, i cant wait. Ive had crappy cheap pads for awhile and it will be cool to see how this pad compares.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PetriesLastWord
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an Ignition which I'm returning due to the down arrow issue with it not registering while the left or right arrow is pressed, I'm surious before I consider this alternative, will I have the same problem?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Fedora
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21188&item=8160485561

Are the same as the levelsix pads? They look identical, I'm just wondering whether thay are the hard foam inserts or not. Anyone have an idea?

-TNK
Basic Member
Basic Member

34. PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheNintendoKid wrote:
Does anyone know if these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21188&item=8160485561

Are the same as the levelsix pads? They look identical, I'm just wondering whether thay are the hard foam inserts or not. Anyone have an idea?

-TNK

Those aren't the same as the LevelSix pads. The "dense" foam is lighter and spongier than the LevelSix hard foam. Although I don't think it really matters now, since I see you've already bid on the auction. E2.gif

Personally I think you would have been better off buying the "6.0" pads from another auction by the same guy instead. Those pads have "hard" foam, which is closer to the LevelSix foam, and much better to play on. Or you can buy just some hard foam inserts separately, and use them instead of the dense foam.
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question: Has anyone here ever tried contacting Level Six for any reason other than just ordering something? Around the end of December I e-mailed them asking about their return policy on dance pads in case of malfunction or something, and I have yet to hear back from them. I can understand some delay with the holidays and all, but it's the middle of January now. o_o
nolifeking
Basic Member
Basic Member

36. PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kunio573 wrote:
Quick question: Has anyone here ever tried contacting Level Six for any reason other than just ordering something? Around the end of December I e-mailed them asking about their return policy on dance pads in case of malfunction or something, and I have yet to hear back from them. I can understand some delay with the holidays and all, but it's the middle of January now. o_o

I have contacted them before about one of my pads before about a year ago. I emailed them and told them about how the raised inserts were moving and they emailed me back within a few days and said that it was probably the glue on the pad and to send it back. I didn't get around to sending it back for another like 2 months because I kind of forgot about it and I emailed them again and showed them the original email and they told me to send it back for a full return. I sent it back and they sent me a new pad, no charge except for shipping it back to them.
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nolifeking wrote:
Kunio573 wrote:

I have contacted them before about one of my pads before about a year ago. I emailed them and told them about how the raised inserts were moving and they emailed me back within a few days and said that it was probably the glue on the pad and to send it back. I didn't get around to sending it back for another like 2 months because I kind of forgot about it and I emailed them again and showed them the original email and they told me to send it back for a full return. I sent it back and they sent me a new pad, no charge except for shipping it back to them.

Ah, thanks for the info on that, nolifeking! That makes me feel more confident about ordering a pad now. Only problem now is Level Six's Ignition style pads still seem to be on backorder. Hmm.
mtwieg
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered one of these aroungd decvember 15 and it still hasn't come yet... is levelsix still backordered or something?
Agent J
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtwieg wrote:
I ordered one of these aroungd decvember 15 and it still hasn't come yet... is levelsix still backordered or something?

It would seem so. They posted a note about the backorder on December 6th, actually, and they said they'd be on backorder for at least 4 weeks. The notice is still on Level Six's home page, and if you try adding a 3.1 pad to your cart, it says it's backordered. Many clones of this pad are out of stock as well, like the Vortz Ignition-style pad and the BNS DX Xtreme. Are they all made at the same factory or something?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: