Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

BNS Metal Pad v2.53
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: BNS Metal Pad v2.53 Reply with quote

BNS (BuyNShop) Metal Pad: Product Link
MSRP: $199.95

Product Description: We here at BNSUSA, the original innovators of the Dense insert, (Xtreme DX dance pad) is proud to announce the arrival of our newest metal pads. Don't be fooled by imitations that is currently in the market today. We have developed the first metal dance pad with the "elevated" technology. These Evolution Metal Dance Pads will bring you DDR gameplay to a whole new levell. Our pad is designed to prevent slippage during gameplay and will maximize your scores.

* "Elevated" technology (over 2 inches thick)
* 8 functional step buttons (arrows are LED lit)
* Preassembled
* High Sensibility and Durability
* Real Arcade Feel

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Wesker1982
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked but didnt see this thread. Ill just repost it here.

Im posting this in hope that no one else gets ripped off.

I ordered what I thought was the BNS v2.53 metal pad from buynshop.com but they decided they would send me a "Cypher Games" metal pad, the value of the cypher games pad is like $80 and I paid $140 for a BNS, maybe they thought I was dumb and couldnt tell the difference. The control box clearly says "Cypher Games", and I have the receipt that clearly says that I should have a gotten a BNS.

It could have been by mistake, either way, if any of you are thinking about ordering from there, be careful.

And I did contact them but they told me the BNS and Cypher Game pads are the same but only different panels. I measured the Cypher pad and the dimensions are 34 1/4 X 34 1/4 inches, according to Buynshop.com the BNS is 33x36 inches. I really dont think these 2 pads are the same. I responded to their response and am waiting for them to respond again.
View users profile Send private message
discobiscuits
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm cutriss that looked exactly like the "neo games" pad i was supposed to get...

The pad itself isnt bad... it uses the same arrow type as the redoctane uses, and if u could mod it with sheet metal/solder u can make the sensitivity a lot better (it's a really small copper piece from what i heard)
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

discobiscuits wrote:
hmm cutriss that looked exactly like the "neo games" pad i was supposed to get...
Yeah, the construction of this one is closest to the NEO Games pad, though the arrow panels are different (they're the TX-1000 type).

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Icostalibedron
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 25th of december I purchases a BNS 2.53 metal pad from there website. It was on backorder and FINALLY I am about to get it probably on monday. I was wondering if it would be easier to mod without playing with it or if I can wait a couple weeks until I do mod it. And wouldn't a brillo pad (dry) mess with the circuits on the copper?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Johancrowind
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh I got another BNS metal for christmas and they came offa backorder and I got something way different it has 4 screws with the arrows(which is good because the other stupid little squares with arrows fell off) it has green diginal arrows that have X and O.. I'll have pics up later I havent taken off the plastic cause I think it might preserve it a little longer
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dj fluffy
Basic Member
Basic Member

6. PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a TX-1000.

Has anyone else ordered a BNS pad and actually gotten the BNS pad? I'm shopping around for metal pads right now but it seems like everything's either crap or out of my price range. (I'm willing to pay up to $400 after shipping for a doubles set.)

The BNS doubles set seems like a great deal, assuming that the pads are actually the BNS ones and that they're actually good. If they're really just sending out TX-1000s then I can get those for $240/pair after shipping from eBay, if I wanted to.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
tekkie
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a BNS pas a long time ago, the arrows since have cracked and work most of the time. But it's different from the arcade which is not cool. This isn't a new one though. But totally worth the $140.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just ordered a pad from buynshop.com. v2.53 .. is this pad good or what? i havent recieved it yet and i curious on reviews about this product.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
me so horny
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any one? E19.gif
Icostalibedron
Basic Member
Basic Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got mine on friday. They sent me a "bluespark DDR pad" that looks better than the one shown on the website.
The X and O are Diagonals and the panels are polycarbonate.
THe version number checked on the outside of the package is 3.5 when the website listed 2.53's. I think it looks great but I am on vacation right now and can't use it. Will test it thursday. CAN'T WAIT! I am gonna mod it pronto as well.
Icostalibedron
Basic Member
Basic Member

11. PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNS now sells version 3.1 metal pads that are xbox and ps2 compatible. I think I got a variaiton of that one and am pretty happy about it. I have no Idea whether it is ok to play with it before modding it but it looks awesome, and there are no logos anywhere. I really like the look of the diagonal arrows and the bottom of the pad looked entirley rubber. I hope modding it is easy because I already convinced my parents that it is.
me so horny
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY F*CKING SENT ME A BLUR SPARKS PAD.. ITS CHEAP AS HELL AND DOESNT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE BNS PAD. PRETTY DISSAPOINTED HERE. I RECOMMEND NOT BUYING ANYTHING FROM BUYNSHOP.COM!
Icostalibedron
Basic Member
Basic Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is cheap about the bluespark pad? I think it looks great and even better than the one on their website. After modding it, it will work great anyways so what is the difference?
me so horny
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just modded my blusparks pad and the sensors under the arrows are extremely small! i've tried both the bluesparks pad and the BNS pad and there is a big difference.. the BNS is more sturdy and is more accurate in timing... bluesparks is giving me B grades at the highest... B grades on 6 footers! BNS gives me A.. and cobalt flux gives me AA on 9-10 footers... i guess its cheap cause u get what u pay for. u would think a pad so-called made by BNSUSA is made in the USA. bluesparks pads are made in china.
me so horny
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH YEAH.. WHEN THEY SAY THEY'RE SELLING A 3.1 VERSION IT REALLY MEANS THEYRE JUST GIVING U THE CONTROLLER BOX WITH BOTH X-BOX AND PS2 PLUGS ON IT.. NO DIFFERENCE IN THE PAD DESIGN OR ANYTHING. FYI
Icostalibedron
Basic Member
Basic Member

16. PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is bad about the bluespark pad? It seems good there are no scratches or anything.
me so horny
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLUE SPARKS is made very cheap... the metal borders will bend off if u accidentily slide and hit it with ur shoes ( made out of aluminum) ... the sensor is about the size of a cigarratte box (other metal pad sensors are the the size of the whole arrow). made with foil contacts. (not sheet metal like a goodpad should have.) there are gaps between the arrows that are not covered ( allows dirt and stuff to enter the inside of the pad.) i've contacted a cousin in hong kong also and the actual price of this pad is "$80 USD". so whoever got the bluesparks got ripped off for buying it for 138. the LED's are not protected and can easily broken if stepping between arrows. if this pad was a quality pad then it would have come with a warranty like the CF or RO pads. instead of a refund option of Dead On Arrival products. CHEAP WORTHLESS PAD.
me so horny
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if u try to mod it the copper sensors are too small to pick up anything. sensors are located under the arrow closest to the center of the pad. step on the outer edge of the arrow and u get no or very sh*tty response from it. try taking ur pad apart and see for urself. wha more would u expect from a pad coming from hong kong
Icostalibedron
Basic Member
Basic Member

19. PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it any different from the BNS metal pad? Is the sensor smaller or what? is it really worth calling and getting it returned?
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: