Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cobalt Flux Dance Platform
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 120, 121, 122  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotty
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Sooooo... Reply with quote

Soooo, has anyone from Canada, Alberta ordered one (or two) of these?

I am really thinking about investing in them, but I can only imagine how much it's going to cost in the end... Probably around $800 Canadian...

Any input from Canadian buyers would be greatly appreciated.
View users profile Send private message
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

josheee wrote:
Next question: Did any of you folks find yourself buying one and then wanting a second one later so you could play doubles or two pad songs? I'm probably not ever going to need a second one, but just thought I'd check with people who may have felt the same way at one time and regret it now. E1.gif

I'm in this boat right now. Once the holiday shopping spree is over, I'll start saving up for a second pad because I would definitely like to start playing doubles. Anything short of using a second CF would drive me nuts.

However, when I bought my CF, I was still very much a beginner player, so I've gone all this time without mastering single. Now that I'm doing fairly well on Heavy 7 and 8 footers, I'd like to expand the game by doing doubles.

CF cbox mods and more at the 'Pad'
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
|cey
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Sooooo... Reply with quote

Scotty wrote:

I am really thinking about investing in them, but I can only imagine how much it's going to cost in the end... Probably around $800 Canadian...

I ordered a single pad.. and with shipping + us dollars --> canadian dollars.. it was $423 cdn.. (I live in BC)..

Note; I haven't received it yet, only sent my order 2 days ago..
Basic Member
Basic Member

43. PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Sooooo... Reply with quote

|cey wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I ordered a single pad.. and with shipping + us dollars --> canadian dollars.. it was $423 cdn.. (I live in BC)..

Note; I haven't received it yet, only sent my order 2 days ago..

I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba and I just ordered mine yesterday for right around the same price. I think it may have been just slightly cheaper because the Canadian dollar went up. riiight.gif

I have a couple questions. I play Stepmania on my X-Box. I plan to go out and buy the mentioned PS2 -> X-Box convertor. Other than that, once I get the pad and plug it in, do I need to go in and configure all the buttons or is it automatic? I currently use just a normal softpad annd it just automatically has everything mapped out correctly.

Another question. Is there any sort of pre-maintenance I should/can do to the CF to make it last longer?
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sooooo... Reply with quote

Bigblue wrote:
Another question. Is there any sort of pre-maintenance I should/can do to the CF to make it last longer?

The only thing I can think of is to possibly invest in a plastics/acrylics polish and apply it before using the pad. It might help keep the lexan panels from getting that dull danced on look a few months down the road.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
|м∂γσ| TADA
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it so bad wanting like 6 of these. disturb.gif my friends call me crazy but I dont think I am.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 may be a bit much, but if you're going to get Ultramix 2, you'll need four of them for Quad Mode. E1.gif

|м∂γσ| TADA
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blink.gif but I want a lot of them yes need a lot. eh trying to make my basement really cool I guess.
DDR_Manga
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a Cobalt Flux last week, and what I heard from a friend o' mine was that Cobalt Fluxes equal crap. Like, they're no good at all for anything, and I was like "Wait... That can't be right, no... No..."

What's the real deally? I trust her opinion and all, but I just can't really believe it, I guess.
Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

49. PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_Manga wrote:
What's the real deally? I trust her opinion and all, but I just can't really believe it, I guess.

I'd quit trusting her opinion, since she obviously has no idea what she's talking about. Maybe she thinks Cobalt Fluxes are BNS pads or something?

Hi, I'm an owner of a 16 month old Cobalt Flux. It's still wonderful.
For a Good time, call 555-1212 and ask for Susan. For a Great time, call 555-3487 and ask for Mindy. For a Perfect time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie. For a Marvelous time, call 555-6341 and ask for Stephanie's mom.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Sinistar
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR_Manga wrote:
I ordered a Cobalt Flux last week, and what I heard from a friend o' mine was that Cobalt Fluxes equal crap. Like, they're no good at all for anything

There are typically two types of people I find that say such things.

1 - People who play at the arcade all the time and almost never play at home. The Flux is a big adjustment for them because the CF is typically more responsive than the arcade platform, doesn't give you the benefit of the panel recesses to let you feel your foot placement, and lets you get away with lazy placement overall so you don't need to be as exact in your movements to trigger the panels. As a result, people who depend on the arcade recesses feel lost on a Flux and people who get used to the responsiveness of a Flux start doing poorly on the arcade platform.

2 - People who have played on Ignition pads forever and are too reliant upon the raised foam arrows to gauge foot placement. Again, it's a matter of people not used to the flat surface of the Flux getting lost on it, stepping off the edge, et cetera.

I've had my Flux for 9 months now, and it is just as responsive as the day I bought it (and with only one thorough cleaning during that time). The control box may go bad on you at some point, but the physical pad itself is solid.

Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Wow, nevermind. Just got off the phone with the head honcho of CF himself. shocked.gif Must say I was impressed like whoa. Anyone who read what I said while it was up, feel free to ignore it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinmizu wrote:
Hi, I'm an owner of a 16 month old Cobalt Flux. It's still wonderful.

My pads are right at 22 months old. I just ordered new decals (arrows) for them. Works quite well after all this time.
Vii0x
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What systems is it for if i have a ps2 and an xbox can i hook it up to both or is there some sort of adaptor i can get that will make it hookable lol to both?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Resident Lune
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I now have my shiny new CF pad. I must say I like it a lot. It's smooth, it's responsive, and it works. But I can't figure out if it is me or the pad that is having issues.

See, for some reason, I'm having some issues on double steps with my pad, and sometimes steps that lead to jumps. Does anyone know of any modifications that can be done to a CobaltFlux? Like mods that let you feel the arrows better compared to the non-arrows? Or that make the arrows more responsive? I still feel that these are the superior pads compared to the rest just from all I've heard and read, but I feel that something may be amiss. E19.gif

Edit: Fixed it. riiight.gif I asked at the CF forums and was urged to loosen the screws on the arrows. And what do you know, it worked.

Last edited by Resident Lune on Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the solution to that problem lies within the screws. Loosen or tighten really.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
|м∂γσ| TADA
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh.gif I cant wait the first set is coming in tomarrow. laugh.gif
oO The Fly Oo
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, I am buying a CF pad very soon in the future, hopefully in about 3 months now. My friend also wants a pad, so I'm considering buying 2 pads and using the double pad deal to save some money. Problem is he'll probably take like a month more than me to save up, and I don't feel like waiting too much longer after that. Does anyone know how much it costs to get the 2 pads deal w/ shipping.. if it's not saving very much, i'll just go with the one pad for 300 + 43 shipping
jfiveeight
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me it was $670 including shiping for the doubles pack with the bar...and i wish i had the money to buy two more for quad mode.....anything else besides a CF is inferior.....
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Lucidity_Master
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I defiantly want to gte a CF. But my prolem is with feeling the arrows. I would like to know what can be done so that I can tell I'm on an arrow better.

Thx.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 3 of 122

Jump to: