Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cobalt Flux Dance Platform
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121, 122  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

2380. PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try to fix it yourself?
Nemoide
Trick Member
Trick Member

2381. PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the need to say that I finally got a CF. And there is much rejoicing to be had.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Fatbaby
Trick Member
Trick Member

2382. PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVE101 wrote:
Did you try to fix it yourself?

i don't know how.
{SFSA}MelJ
Trick Member
Trick Member

2383. PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. Haven't visited this site in forever. Anyway, finally moved into a house, and I got the bottom floor as my room. Thinking of picking one of these babies up in the next couple of months. I've pretty much seen nothing but outstanding reviews for this pad. I saw they have an arcade mod pack, which is what I'm looking at buying. How is it in terms of "feel". A little off isn't gonna kill me. And is there a bar mod, or do I just use a chair?
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2384. PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{SFSA}MelJ wrote:
Man. Haven't visited this site in forever. Anyway, finally moved into a house, and I got the bottom floor as my room. Thinking of picking one of these babies up in the next couple of months. I've pretty much seen nothing but outstanding reviews for this pad. I saw they have an arcade mod pack, which is what I'm looking at buying. How is it in terms of "feel". A little off isn't gonna kill me. And is there a bar mod, or do I just use a chair?

Yes, they're excellent pads that are nearly impossible to ruin.

I have the black textured arcade mod and I give it two thumbs up. My buddy had the clear mod and he liked my textured ones so much he switched his out. Despite being "textured", the black ones don't have as much stickiness or grip as the clear panels. Also, the black ones just look 'more awesome.

And no, there is no "official" bar add-on for the CF.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
baseSon
Trick Member
Trick Member

2385. PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Despite being "textured", the black ones don't have as much stickiness or grip as the clear panels

isn't that a bad thing?

Anyway im also going to get a cf with the arcade-mod and was wondering how it feels in comparison with playing on a cf without? like are you able to feel where you are on the pad etc? is it worth the extra cash for the arcade mod?
Suko
Trick Member
Trick Member

2386. PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arcade mod is a MUST if you're trying to recreate the arcade experience. My buddy had one without the mod and I absolutely hated it. I kept loosing my placing and found myself off-centered on the pad. Unless you're a 100% home player who is too lazy to lift their feet up (i.e. you shuffle on all steps) the arcade mod is critical.

DDRecall | Groovestats | Beatspace | UI Bemani Club | Suko's Shirt Shack
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
xexy
Trick Member
Trick Member

2387. PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i got my flux earlier this week.

hmm...

well first off they messed up the up arrow, the peice of wood/cardboard under the center panel was too far up so it was under the up arrow preventing me from easily triggering it.

secondly, WTF? i fully sync openitg with this, i get SO many pad misses/wayoffs/decents that songs i 98.5+ in the arcade i get 85's on on this... i cant pass anything above an 11 (and 11's are a challenge at that) as to where in the arcade i can pass 12's without breaking a sweat and im doing well on passing 13's.. but sofar on my flux i havnt even manage to pass a 12 on it (easy 12 at that)

ive unbowed the panels, cleaned them out, stomped, not stomped, taken off the brackets, kept the brackets on, but nothing i seem to do fixes this issue, i got lots of double regesterd steps (debounce doesnt seem to help this at all)

now ive seen people AAA ddr 10's and do well on itg 12's and 13's on these pads so i know its not just the pad..

i dont understand it, ive tried everything i can think of (well mostly, i have a few ideas but i havnt had the time to try them out)

any insight would be appricaited
View users profile Send private message
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

2388. PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a lot of early way offs and decents too. I don't know why.
baseSon
Trick Member
Trick Member

2389. PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered E4.gif .
baseSon
Trick Member
Trick Member

2390. PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i got the pad and its pretty good, very responsive (specially compared with my previous pad) and i just wondered if storing it sideways was ok, as in it wont cause any long-term damage?
And is there anything i should do to the pad before i really start using it? like for example unscrew the arrows, see if anythings out of place etc?
And also, i read in the instructions manual NOT to remove the control box from the CF once screwed on, i wanted to know WHY? like its much tidy for me to unscrew the thing off when putting the CF back after use since theres no dangling object...Is it that necessary to keep it attatched?

thx.

As my house is pretty much 80% carpet i decided to put the CF on my old TX-2000 platform when playing, i guess its kool since i have a bar now for it.
loulan
Basic Member
Basic Member

2391. PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have a cobalt flux with the black arcade mod, and I'd like to turn it into an unmodded cobalt flux to play Pump It Up.

So what do I need? A replacement lexan set, a replacement decal set and a PIU-compatible control box?

That's kinda expensive so I'd like to be sure it would work :/
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

2392. PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't need replacement decals. If you haven't already, take apart your flux so you have an idea of what to do when you get your new lexan.
loulan
Basic Member
Basic Member

2393. PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, do you mean I'm supposed to have some decals under the black panels?
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

2394. PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, email their customer support and gripe
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

2395. PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xexy wrote:
so i got my flux earlier this week.

hmm...

well first off they messed up the up arrow, the peice of wood/cardboard under the center panel was too far up so it was under the up arrow preventing me from easily triggering it.

secondly, WTF? i fully sync openitg with this, i get SO many pad misses/wayoffs/decents that songs i 98.5+ in the arcade i get 85's on on this... i cant pass anything above an 11 (and 11's are a challenge at that) as to where in the arcade i can pass 12's without breaking a sweat and im doing well on passing 13's.. but sofar on my flux i havnt even manage to pass a 12 on it (easy 12 at that)

ive unbowed the panels, cleaned them out, stomped, not stomped, taken off the brackets, kept the brackets on, but nothing i seem to do fixes this issue, i got lots of double regesterd steps (debounce doesnt seem to help this at all)

now ive seen people AAA ddr 10's and do well on itg 12's and 13's on these pads so i know its not just the pad..

i dont understand it, ive tried everything i can think of (well mostly, i have a few ideas but i havnt had the time to try them out)

any insight would be appricaited

It sounds a lot like my CF when I first got it, except several times worse. Mine would give an occasional pad miss/good here and there and sometimes stop working at all for a few moments. I sent it back to CF so they could have a look at it and they said it worked fine for them. And when they sent it back, it did work fine. I don't think they did anything to it (or maybe they just want us to think their pads are flawless). So I don't know quite what happened, but ever since I got it back it's been just what everyone says it is.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2396. PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10377#p168531

Ok, so I want to get one of these soon, but I'm terrified of spending a ton of money on shit. Does anyone here know the general quality of the pads lately? Has mymybox still been selling Bluesharks?
Trick Member
Trick Member

2397. PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still looking into getting a Cobalt Flux. Anyone know if the pads are still as amazing as they've been? I've seen quite a few problem posts lately, so I just want to know if there are any common unresolved issues.
View users profile Send private message Send email
{SFSA}MelJ
Trick Member
Trick Member

2398. PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maxx freak, it's a hit or miss. I got mine 2 weeks ago. It works PHENOMENAL for DDRMAX and DDRMAX2. I've gotten a crap load of SDGs and AAAs on it. But I recently got ITG for the PS2 and its giving me hell. Like I played Solina this morning and tri-starred it. Then I played Drifting Away and got decents right in the same spot over and over again. It can't be me because I've played this song numerous times in the arcade without missing any steps, and that song isn't even hard. E19.gif . Anyone know how to fix this issue? Why the hell does it work flawlessly on DDR, but I get WOs and decents on ITG?
Nemoide
Trick Member
Trick Member

2399. PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pad has been working great and I've used it almost every day for months. The closest thing to a problem I had was missing steps after I cleaned it; but I loosened the screws and it's working fine once again.

However I'm not an Omega-hardcore player who complains when I get a AA.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 120 of 122

Jump to: