Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cobalt Flux Dance Platform
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 120, 121, 122  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatsh
Basic Member
Basic Member

2220. PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus" , I've already take off the cardboard but it didnt' work with the new control box.

---> only 10 buttons reconized in Windows as " redoctane usb " and it the same with the UBS and a PS2 usb adapter . So how can you use the middle panel ?

I tried with my friend's old control box ( with the grey littre buttons on it ) and it works very well, I can play PIU without any problem. E2.gif E2.gif E2.gif

I will be very sad if the new control box don't allow to play PIU , I bought my CF for that !!!
View users profile Send private message
Future Master
Trick Member
Trick Member

2221. PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about the cobalt flux bottom contact sensors? I know the top contact sensors are sheet metal. Are the bottom contact sensors sheet metal or aluminum foil?
videoCWK
Trick Member
Trick Member

2222. PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Future Master wrote:
I have a question about the cobalt flux bottom contact sensors? I know the top contact sensors are sheet metal. Are the bottom contact sensors sheet metal or aluminum foil?

Sheet metal. Aluminum foil and sheet metal would be disasterous, the sheet metal would destroy the foil.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2223. PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

videoCWK wrote:
Future Master wrote:

Sheet metal. Aluminum foil and sheet metal would be disasterous, the sheet metal would destroy the foil.
Cobalt flux uses 28 gauge galvanized steel for their sheet metal sheets.
View users profile Send private message Send email
XTTX
Trick Member
Trick Member

2224. PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesusfr3ak4evr wrote:
Yes, you can play Pump it Up on the Cobalt Flux V2 pad with the new control box. You just have to take out some cardboard underneath the middle button to activate it.

I've only played on the arcade a couple times (many years ago), but I believe the CF is the same dimensions as the arcade. You could always do some google research and look up the dimensions E10.gif

I'm pretty sure it's not the same dimensions. I don't know the exact dimensions for the CF, but considering PIU arrows are not perfectly square, I doubt it.
Tatsh
Basic Member
Basic Member

2225. PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt flux Team answered me :

" HI

With our new control boxes the center button does not work. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

From

CF Team "

frown.gif E2.gif E2.gif

Unbelievable , " 9 triggerable buttons " but only 8 works ....
BAGGER VANCE
Trick Member
Trick Member

2226. PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to play pump on your CF theres a simple fix. Take the down arrow wire that connects to the top piece of sheet metal and put it on the center panels top contact. that should work perfectly fine.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Tatsh
Basic Member
Basic Member

2227. PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_jpoppyz_ wrote:
if you want to play pump on your CF theres a simple fix. Take the down arrow wire that connects to the top piece of sheet metal and put it on the center panels top contact. that should work perfectly fine.

Thank you ! I will try this, I think that il will work E1.gif
jesusfr3ak4evr
Trick Member
Trick Member

2228. PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's surprising that you can't use the middle button with the new control box. I wouldn't have done that if I were in the control box business.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2229. PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, how does the CF compare to arcade pads (mostly, want to know how hard it is, and if it gives much when stepping)
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
jesusfr3ak4evr
Trick Member
Trick Member

2230. PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaver_evicerator wrote:
In general, how does the CF compare to arcade pads (mostly, want to know how hard it is, and if it gives much when stepping)
I just played at the arcade last Thursday, and I played on some arcade modded CFs last Tuesday, so here's my input:

The arcade modded CF plays very similarly to the arcade. The arcade seems a bit more precise. I think I could AAAA songs at the arcade, but I could only AAA songs on the cobalt flux (assuming I were good enough to do that). The arcade feels easier on my leg joints than the cobalt flux. There isn't a significant difference IMO, but I'd still pay to play at the arcade over playing on a CF.
Trick Member
Trick Member

2231. PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a Blueshark?

great value, pieces of crap?
Trick Member
Trick Member

2232. PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neon Kel wrote:
What about a Blueshark?

Blueshark??? This is the Cobalt Flux thread. Ask about bluesharks in the blueshark thread.

They're not pieces of crap, but I can't say about their value since I only know what people have told me.

Cobalt Flux is a better value IMO.
Basic Member
Basic Member

2233. PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesusfr3ak4evr wrote:
Neon Kel wrote:
What about a Blueshark?

Blueshark??? This is the Cobalt Flux thread. Ask about bluesharks in the blueshark thread.

They're not pieces of crap, but I can't say about their value since I only know what people have told me.

Cobalt Flux is a better value IMO.

jesus!!!!....fr3ak4ever!!

He's just asking a simple question, a comparison of both pads. we all know he should post in the BlueShark forum. Or are you those kinds of people that only like PEPSI and not COCA-COLA?

if I knew which one was better i'd say it. from my experiences with CFs, id say they aren't that good.

for starters, they don't feel that good to play on. My vans feel like they slow me down when i play on them. the only shoes that feel good when i play on the CF are old nikes that feel light because all the rubber from the soles are gone and they should be thrown away already.

on carpet, i guess you can't really stop it from moving unless you place it on a wooden board.

it's disappointing to see that their just two pieces of sheet metal that when they make contact they register as an arrow. might as well build your own pad for less than the cost of a cobalt flux? but if you're lazy get the CF, that's what i did.riiight.gif

i also dont have the arcade mod so it does feel worse playing without one.

Last edited by Shoryuken1988 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total
Shoryuken1988
Basic Member
Basic Member

2234. PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darn, i wish my cobalt flux wasnt such crud, but after 6 + months of heavy play, my arrows seem to be less sensitive and give ghost steps. also my right arrow seems to come loose on its own. the only thing i's can think about doing is to drill new holes and maybe they can stay put. darn you cobalt flux.
frust.gif

what should i do? should i throw it away, cuz i dont plan on buying a new one, ima try out the bluesharks. theres some good user videos on youtube.

also pump sucks for CF, and the pump for PC isnt that good cuz in the arcade you can drain your life and still raise it before the song ends and still get an A. That's good for trying to learn a song. I play Crazy fool. NX, represent!!

E7.gif ----too much use of these emoticons?

Last edited by Shoryuken1988 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total
Shoryuken1988
Basic Member
Basic Member

2235. PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess when you try to send a message and it says

"failed send message"

it still sends anyways.

Last edited by Shoryuken1988 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total
Alderaic
Trick Member
Trick Member

2236. PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bought two PIU control boxes, CF is now selling control boxes specific to PIU (PS2)

cant wait to get those E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

2237. PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alderaic wrote:
just bought two PIU control boxes, CF is now selling control boxes specific to PIU (PS2)

Let me know if the control box enables all 9 buttons or just the 5.

Edit: oh, well the website says that.
Future Master
Trick Member
Trick Member

2238. PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to pay tax on a cobalt flux if you live in california? What is the best shipping for the price?
Alderaic
Trick Member
Trick Member

2239. PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVE101 wrote:
Alderaic wrote:

Let me know if the control box enables all 9 buttons or just the 5.

Edit: oh, well the website says that.

Still waiting on my control boxes, emailed thrice CF so far and they are bullshitting me about sending it soon so far... quite disapointed in their customer service, it looks like they are losing points on this aspect of their business.

I mean we already know it takes months for them to ship the platforms, but now throwing two CB in a box and shipping it takes a month ?!
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 112 of 122

Jump to: