Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The SM Timing Window Configurations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Smeagollum
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ne1 know the timings for Justice?! and how much does it change depending on which number u choose?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

41. PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set it to justice and then open the configuration file and see what it is! *gasp*!

To see the influences of the timing numbers on the timing window variables just change and then open up the configuration file and check. Repeat this step over and over until you reach your desired result. E1.gif

And for the scale being 1.00, then I should probably boost all my NNR scores by at least 5 greats, that or I'll just suprise everyone when I eventually do play at the arcade. E13.gif

I'll change the intro, at least until someone complains about it being too easy. E15.gif Thanks.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
mikieson
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Is this fix only for 8th mix Reply with quote

I just dont see the difference in my timing. Is this stuff only for 8th mix? I only see one of the files in the stepmania folder that has this stuff in it. I guess I did it right. I could email someone the file and let them mess with it. It still seems to lag when using my pad but not with the keyboard. I have one of the best converters you can get. I got the EMS ps to pc converter. It seems to work good. Please help with this issue......MIke
View users profile Send private message
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

43. PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Is this fix only for 8th mix Reply with quote

mikieson wrote:
I just dont see the difference in my timing. Is this stuff only for 8th mix? I only see one of the files in the stepmania folder that has this stuff in it. I guess I did it right. I could email someone the file and let them mess with it. It still seems to lag when using my pad but not with the keyboard. I have one of the best converters you can get. I got the EMS ps to pc converter. It seems to work good. Please help with this issue......MIke

Did you reboot your step mania after the changes? If you did maybe you just don't notice? E19.gif

A pad shouldn't make your computer lag at all since it acts just as a second keyboard. Maybe your computer just needs to reboot also? E19.gif Ya, I have the EMS also, it broke for me or something because it doesn't recognize the correct drivers. Do you think you could help me with that? laugh.gif

For your questions it seems out of my personal experience to answer. Sorry.
JJasser
Trick Member
Trick Member

44. PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i have 3.9 alpha 11 or something for my Mac (don't ask)

WHERE THE HELL IS THE CONFIG FILE?
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't know off hand. But the best way to find out is by searching the data folder or any other closely related folder for files with the variables: "JudgeWindowSecond..."
JJasser
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't messed with Stepmania (besides adding songs and themes)

And there isn't a single file in my computer with the Text "JudgeWindowSecond"
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.....

I'll look at my friend's mac version or ask him when I have a chance. For now the best thing might be to just open configuration, and look for the,

Timing window "Settings: 1 - 7 - Justice"

Set it on about 5...I'll get back to you when I can.
mikieson
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

If you are responding to me then thanks. I have put the numbers in the timing window to the settings reccomended. But to me it looks like its on the 8thmix only? and I also dont really see a difference. Anyways if someone has a good answer to all this im sure it would help others out there that are as confused as me. Thanks, Mike
|cey
Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What settings for life difficulty and life progress would be closest to Extreme Arcade?

Also.. what's the difference betweeen DWI and SM? Do they work similiar with metal pads?
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikieson:

For the post where I quoted you, yes I was talking to you. And for the answers to your post just read how I already answered it in the last post where I quoted you.

|cey wrote:
What settings for life difficulty and life progress would be closest to Extreme Arcade?

Also.. what's the difference betweeen DWI and SM? Do they work similiar with metal pads?

I PMed Sherl0k I while ago to see if I could include that all in this topic, but so far he hasn't replied yet... erm.gif

From what I know, SM is just a better quality version of DWI. Compatibility should have nothing to do with it.
mikieson
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Dr. Sane Reply with quote

Here are my settings in the sm folder
.JudgeWindowAdd=0.000000
JudgeWindowScale=1.500000
JudgeWindowSecondsAttack=0.120000
JudgeWindowSecondsBoo=0.150000
JudgeWindowSecondsGood=0.120000
JudgeWindowSecondsGreat=0.090000
JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.015000
JudgeWindowSecondsMine=0.120000
JudgeWindowSecondsOK=0.250000
JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.030000
Just tell me the settings to make the Perfect window alot biger. I dont use Marvelous so it really dont matter. There is something that has to work.....Thanks, Mike
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it this:

JudgeWindowScale=1.000000
JudgeWindowSecondsAttack=0.135000
JudgeWindowSecondsBoo=0.191666
JudgeWindowSecondsGood=0.158333
JudgeWindowSecondsGreat=0.108333
JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.016666
JudgeWindowSecondsMine=0.108333
JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.033333

That's the one that best works, at least for me.

And if you turned Marvelous off, it shouldn't matter, it's fine. If you just ignore Marvelous, why don't you turn it off under the machine settings?
mikieson
Trick Member
Trick Member

53. PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have turned it off in the settings. I just was saying that it dont matter about it . I want to make my perfect window bigger....... How do I go about doing that?
mikieson
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind....figured it out
Dark Luke
Basic Member
Basic Member

55. PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know DDR extreme's timings are frame based. We can take
JudgeWindowSecondsAttack=0.135000
JudgeWindowSecondsBoo=0.191666
JudgeWindowSecondsGood=0.158333
JudgeWindowSecondsGreat=0.108333
JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.016666
JudgeWindowSecondsMine=0.108333
JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.033333

But what about the JudgeWindowScale? At 1.000000 the timings seems to be way too big, especially perfects and great windows (One of the threads posted a long time ago on aaroninjapan.com suggest that JudgeWindowScale=0.840000 on top of these timing values).

We know that the home version has larger perfect windows than the arcade. From that aaroninjapan.com thread the frames are as follows:
Home version perfect frames: 5
Arcade version perfect frames: 4

One of the posts from ITG's official board confirmed that the home version perfect window is 35 ms, and scaling by these frames the arcade's perfect window would be 28 ms. (and the great window becomes 90 ms)
austin
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's way too easy to get home version perfects for the window to be 35 ms. I'm pretty sure that Taren once said it was 50 ms (1.5 times the arcade window).
Trick Member
Trick Member

57. PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

austin wrote:
It's way too easy to get home version perfects for the window to be 35 ms. I'm pretty sure that Taren once said it was 50 ms (1.5 times the arcade window).

But the Step mania defaults aren't the same as the home version... erm.gif
austin
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D r S a n e wrote:
austin wrote:

But the Step mania defaults aren't the same as the home version... erm.gif

Did I ever say they were?
Trick Member
Trick Member

59. PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

austin wrote:

You are saying that Step Mania goes of the home version window? No? Because you can't change the timing window on the home version at all, so why would it be brought up. Then you go on to describe how the home version relates to the Arcade. Step Mania, again, has nothing to do with the Home Version.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: