Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The SM Timing Window Configurations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so you are talking about this part of what he said:

"DDR arcade mix timings aren't based off of seconds, they're based on frames, marvelous is 1 frame, perfect is 2, etc. If you divide these frame counts by 60(the amount of frames displayed in a second on 5th - 8th mix) then you get these timings. "

This never mentions anything about the frames being dependent on the speed of the song. This just means that the timing window is determined by the frame counts being divided by 60. Not that Step Mania just porportionally equates it for other BPMs. It's one set timing window that was determined by the frame counts in relation to a standard 60 BPM speed.

(I hope that's what you meant; that how you find it difficult to believe that different scrolling speeds=different windows, sorry if I didn't understand you.)
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
MPB3.Radio
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why frames even need to be mentioned if it's just a time increment. A frame-based tap judgement system would be inconsistent and measuring by distance in pixels would also be flawed when frame skips occur. So I don't see what relevance the framerate has with tap judgement since using that as a basis would break the game. Besides, if it was that simple than simulators wouldn't base their judgement solely on time measurements.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A frame implies equal increments meaning that all frames will be divided by a set amount of time, in contrast to exponential increments in the timing window or something else silly. I hope that answers your question. erm.gif
TehWhack
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what is the accurate LIFE difficulty for DDR extreme ?
View users profile Send private message
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point, but they are probably roughly the same because I either get C's or fail at the arcade, or get C's or fail on my homepad. Either way I have never got a D. There is probably a small difference, but that would still be good anyways. I can then change this topic to a "Step Mania Configurations" Topic.

Anyone?
Icee of AUG
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you sooooooooo much for putting this up I have looked everywhere.

When I get my flux it will be just like the arcade now biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
AznCaraboo
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The SM Timing Window Configurations Reply with quote

D r S a n e wrote:
Here are the SM timing window configurations for the file "...Step Mania/Data/Step Mania.config". Somewhere in the middle of the configuration file you will see "JudgeWindowSecond" replace the appropriate values with the style you would like to play.

The timing window is the degree of how precisely you need to hit the arrow compared to the music offset; a larger time equals more leanancy in how precise you have to be.

Default:

JudgeWindowScale=0.660000
JudgeWindowSecondsAttack=0.135000
JudgeWindowSecondsBoo=0.180000
JudgeWindowSecondsGood=0.135000
JudgeWindowSecondsGreat=0.090000
JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.022500
JudgeWindowSecondsMine=0.090000
JudgeWindowSecondsOK=0.250000
JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.045000

8th Mix Arcade:

JudgeWindowSecondsAttack=0.120000
JudgeWindowSecondsBoo=0.150000
JudgeWindowSecondsGood=0.120000
JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.015000
JudgeWindowSecondsMine=0.120000
JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.030000

8th Mix Arcade (Frame-rate based):

JudgeWindowScale=1.000000
JudgeWindowSecondsBoo=0.191666
JudgeWindowSecondsGood=0.158333
JudgeWindowSecondsGreat=0.108333
JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.016666
JudgeWindowSecondsMine=0.108333
JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.033333

Note: Those of you that use the above option make sure to update the marvelous setting change.

Thanks to:
    Pantera
    t3hmonkay
    austin

Correct me if I am wrong. And if there are more existent configurations, please post them.

Are you sure those are the correct timing windows? I tried playing some song that I normally AA in the arcade [anywhere], but I can't AA at home because of the windows configuration. The difficultly setting for Stepmania [with 8th Mix Window Settings [both Arcade and Frame-rate based]] is 4, and I still can't AA some of the song I normally AA in the Aracde.

I am using Igintion pad - btw.

Do I have to set my Difficultly setting lower? Because 4 seems to be not closest to the arcade [imo] if I am getting that many greats.

Need response because I don't like SM's current window configuration [AA Tears?!], and I do not like very much the 8th Mix configuration [instead of 30 Greats in Arcade, I get 60 Greats in SM].

=>Azncaraboo
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That you can probably blame on the music offset. The pads at the arcade have different response time then those at home etc. You just need to offset the music to the same response time as the arcade, and since all the songs were converted to SM by different artists, they will all have different response times. That's why I can PA better at the arcade.

If you are consistently good at PA, just do Tears or whatever song and play it through with autosync once, and save the Music Offset configuration. Then play the song again without autosync and the Music Offset will be set to the response time you were just playing at (which if you are used to the arcade that is what it will be). It should be fine then.

Remember, this is just to get as realistically close to the arcade as possible, it's not perfect. E15.gif

If you're still having problems let me know, but all it will probably do is give me a big egoboost (I haven't been to the arcade for a while, and yet with these configurations I have 4 Heavy SDGs in only playing for a month and 15 days.) E7.gif Good luck.
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call this one...the sync tester. Get ONE Perfect with this, and your simfile is good:

JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.00001
JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.00010
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? That perfect could easily have been a mishap, just as any other great...o_O

Besides, you might even fail before then.

If you want a sync tester, hit Autoplay and Assist Tick, if it sounds in sync, then you're set. erm.gif
Pantera
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D r S a n e wrote:
Why? That perfect could easily have been a mishap, just as any other great...o_O

If you want a sync tester, hit Autoplay and Assist Tick, if it sounds in sync, then you're set. erm.gif

I used to use the assist tick to help synch songs with the songfile, but I found that it was actually offbeat. Although I guess they were even...
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D r S a n e wrote:

What helps me, might not help you. :shrug:

Also, It's only to perfectly sync 4th beats. Just how I use it E1.gif
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

32. PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pantera wrote:
D r S a n e wrote:

I used to use the assist tick to help synch songs with the songfile, but I found that it was actually offbeat. Although I guess they were even...

Well that will go back to the response time of the pad. You have to do a combination of both AutoSyncing and ManualSyncing as it were. goog.gif
AznCaraboo
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I do autosync and assist tick, will it be like the arcade [sorry for newbish questions]? The thing I do not get is what if I get a Great and it register that during Autosync [like I did it off beat]? If it's autosynced and saved - will it be "Great" as before? I bet you dunno what I'm asking... lol

--
JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.00001
JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.00010
--

I tried this and I couldn't get one perfect [was playing on my keyobard] laugh.gif
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AznCaraboo wrote:
So if I do autosync and assist tick, will it be like the arcade [sorry for newbish questions]? The thing I do not get is what if I get a Great and it register that during Autosync [like I did it off beat]? If it's autosynced and saved - will it be "Great" as before? I bet you dunno what I'm asking... lol

You autosync and check with assist tick if the ticks are to the music IF your pad has an immediate response time. Otherwise you will have to use your ear to autosync it roughly off beat. Or autosync it with your feet as you would play at the arcade and see how it compares to the assist tick.

A very good question. I'm pretty sure how it works is the music offset is always constantly readjusting itself during autosync. If you hit too early, the music offset will slowly move in that direction, and vice-versa. The only thing that changes is the music offset, according to the present overall timing of your steps.
mikieson
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Someone please explain in English..... Reply with quote

I just dont see where or how to change the timmings. I have the home versions of pretty much all the ddr games and can fing it on each of them and mess with it. But I just dont understand the way its set up on Stepmania3.9 rc2..... Please any help would be great. ......mike
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The SM Timing Window Configurations Reply with quote

D r S a n e wrote:
Here are the SM timing window configurations for the file "...Step Mania/Data/Step Mania.config". Somewhere in the middle of the configuration file you will see "JudgeWindowSecond" replace the appropriate values with the style you would like to play.

If you did read that but just didn't understand...

Open up the Step Mania folder, then go into data and open the file called Step Mania.config

There are a bunch of variables called "JudgeWindowSecond", just replace everything accordingly.

That is for the timing window.

If you are looking for the offset it can be done under "Edit Song" under the main menu with the F1, F2, etc... Keys. During a song with the F1, F2, etc... Keys. Or during a song with autosync.
mikieson
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: I found a file but its named something Reply with quote

different but it has all the files in it. or so it looks like it. how do you know what to change? like which one does the timing? It looks to me...when playing the game that in order to get a marvelous i have to hit the arrow early....just before i normaly would hit it.
D r S a n e
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I found a file but its named something Reply with quote

mikieson wrote:
different but it has all the files in it. or so it looks like it. how do you know what to change? like which one does the timing? It looks to me...when playing the game that in order to get a marvelous i have to hit the arrow early....just before i normaly would hit it.

I don't know how I could have made my posts any more clear... erm.gif

The one that does the timing is the variable "JudgeWindowSecond".

Early/Late is different from timing window, that is the music offset. Read the bottom of my previous post.
amazingsupermonkey
Trick Member
Trick Member

39. PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The SM Timing Window Configurations Reply with quote

D r S a n e wrote:

Default:

JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.022500
JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.045000

8th Mix Arcade:

JudgeWindowSecondsAttack=0.120000
JudgeWindowSecondsBoo=0.150000
JudgeWindowSecondsGood=0.120000
JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.015000
JudgeWindowSecondsMine=0.120000
JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.030000

8th Mix Arcade (Frame-rate based):

JudgeWindowScale=1.000000
JudgeWindowSecondsBoo=0.191666
JudgeWindowSecondsGood=0.158333
JudgeWindowSecondsGreat=0.108333
JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.016666
JudgeWindowSecondsMine=0.108333
JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.033333

Ok, I MIGHT see a flaw in this, in the "judge window scale". The thing is, like somebody said, i forgot who, this is the amount that ALL scales divide it by. When I played with the 8th mix configuration but with the 0.66, I got a good amount of perfects, a reasonable amount of greats contributing to the timing window shrinkage, but also non-combo steps of goods just with keyboard. I think when the timing window is 1.00 but with 8th mix configs, it works correctly.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: