Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What Happened???
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
=Z06=
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: What Happened??? Reply with quote

Does anyone remember the days when you would go to the arcade with a bunch of friends and just play ddr with that crowd??? well, i try hard, but i feel that the game is losing that feel. Anywhere I go nowadays, i always see that it is about 'omfg, im so better than you, i can fc butterfly!!! 1337!!'whenever i see a noob play, they just have so much fun, no matter on if they fail or AAA the song (although ive never seen a nooob AAA anything). i think i need to attain a noob sense of mind, but still keep a set of pro skills. does anyone agree with me??
NW330
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I miss those days sometimes. Where passing a hard song was the big deal. Now it's "Well I can SDG that on 6-Option!"

But I still know people that play for fun. And whenever I play Tsugaru Shuffle it's not to brag how well I might do, it's so I can gallop in a circle. E4.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Footstep
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when even passing Butterfly on basic with a C brought in a crowd.God I miss that

So what if we cant PA.Least were cute
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Thomas Hobbes
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to RTA. E1.gif The people there are amazed at how fast your feet move and how you can EVEN play Heavy mode.

| Pics | Play-Asia |
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
ShadowBTZO
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St00pidBaka wrote:
Go to RTA. E1.gif The people there are amazed at how fast your feet move and how you can EVEN play Heavy mode.

Or come down to Salinas, if you play any song that is fast (on any mode) people will watch. No one cares what you get on the song either, as long as you pass it.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
P-Chan
Staff Member
Staff Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe... I had a chance to play yesterday with an old friend an a guy who "challenged" me... no challenge took place, we just went and played a while and everything was cool... hell I missed playing like that!
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i remember those days, i was cool! we were a group of about 10-12 now it down to 3,
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/signed

I do agree, although I think the "just for fun" mentality is good. As more people get into the game, they will eventually get past that "just for fun" stage and be able to apreciate good players even more.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...I rember i went to Panama City once to play, and well jaws dropped when i did CH. All the people down there are really cool and play to have fun, but now, I try so hard to pass Maxx i don't have that much fun, unless i'm playing another song.
Legend Of Zash
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember those days. Back when I could barely pass Max300 on standard. DDR just seemed a lot more fun back then. I sometimes wish I could trade all my skill to have those days back.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup the world of ddr has gotten much more complicated in the past E2.gif

[quote:85793f6c6e="cowgirl"]Okay, so since Bolt retired, who's the new Team TLA leader? Peemus? or Satchmo? Because Satchmo is cool.[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
3DR
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those were the days...
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you post on the internet to complain?
View users profile Send private message
tac-tics
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m00nlight_5h4d0w wrote:
Why do you post on the internet to complain?

Where else would you complain? That's what the Internet is here for, right? That and pr0n...

This is more of a regional conflict than a problem with the game itself. If you have problems with a particular arcade and its regulars, take it up with them, or in the appropriate regional forum.

I have lots of fun with my friends at DDR. Even when we are being competative, we still don't take each other's boasts seriously. There are a few people I would rather not be around sometimes, but I always have the choice to go play DDR somewhere else.

Last edited by tac-tics on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
DDRmaniacplayer
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Those were the good 'ol days...
Didn't care who was better than you or anything and just had a blast playing. Just progressing as much as you can without even noticing...
Noobs do have a good mentality on DDR. All they wanna do is play...
I hate it when people make fun of them 'cause they suck,, but you know... We all started out that way...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
DDRocks62291
Basic Member
Basic Member

15. PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey can enyone tell me how to get to that kids websit i think it was could sane i think? plaes
Flameboat
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRocks62291 wrote:
hey can enyone tell me how to get to that kids websit i think it was could sane i think? plaes

I didn't think it was possible to have such a confused look on my face as I do now, but here we are. E19.gif
repeat2k
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That mentality of just for fun DDR is still around. At Nickelworld where I play one day like everyone came in to play DDR and we were just going crazy and having fun. You just need to find the good ol' day things. I mean we were having fun but still playing heavy and junk. We didn't care if a crowd showed up because there was like 10 other people just hanging around. Infact a crowd didn't show up. But I mean you can still have fun and play hard. When one of the kids AA'd Freckles for the Extra we went crazy clapping and stuff. Second choice: go to an anime convention. Always fun there.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
magenter
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have lots of fun playing ddr!
i know the "best" kid from my arcade can be really arrogent; he's too good to talk to me ever. disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
urmomUNI
Basic Member
Basic Member

19. PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i freestyle songs like abyss and holic + insertion i run around the mahine and climb on top of things and jump off ( i still attract crowds either way E4.gif ) best way to attracta crowd is to get like 3 ppl you kno to watch then more ppl will watch and so on or just PSMO once and then do sum ez songs making ppl think your gonna do another hard one laugh.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: