Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DDR and emotion

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guiness
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: DDR and emotion Reply with quote

Ever have a night(or day) of ddr that has really made you feel different?
Or if the situation was too mentally or emotionally fluxed that you felt different or heightened because of it.
View users profile Send private message
Frozen V (for Extreme)
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea when i could do almost every song in heavy it made me feel as if i was one of the best there instead of one of the worst
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
haunted_i
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our arcade (where every game on the floor works, a rarity it seems) went from 7th to 8th mix last week. It was hella fun again, instead of just something to do. I tried Rhythm And Police for the first time ever (I hadn't even seen it before), and did the first section crossovering perfectly. I failed at the pseudo-gallops, though; even so, it was the most fun I think I've ever had on the dance pad.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most fun I ever had was probably when FYE in Danvers, MA got their DDR machine. It was a 5th Mix when it first came in. Hardly anyone had seen DDR in that area before. And when I jumped on and FC'd Boom Boom Dollar I got this HUGE applause from like 40 people that were watching. It was such an awesome feeling!
Frozen V (for Extreme)
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haunted_i wrote:
Our arcade (where every game on the floor works, a rarity it seems) went from 7th to 8th mix last week. It was hella fun again, instead of just something to do. I tried Rhythm And Police for the first time ever (I hadn't even seen it before), and did the first section crossovering perfectly. I failed at the pseudo-gallops, though; even so, it was the most fun I think I've ever had on the dance pad.

I know what you mean on RnP..When Jamestown Mall went from Max to Extreme...My friends and I were the first people to play RnP and it felt so good passing it ..The gallops aren't my fav. thing on that song lol
RevenG_2MB
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember "Extreme Night" at Rocky J's here in San antonio Tx.
There was alot of people that i and my friends knew,plus alot of many new people we hadn't met. Teams met other teams without any problems, just everybody in a great mood. The Only Extreme machine in TX at the time, and it brought people from all locations. That was and is still the best time everyone DDR on a good vibe. NOW... extreme's everywhere... oh yeah... we also got "megamix" disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
Komatos05
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TCF tourney last month left a good overall feeling in me for the rest of the month. My tcf pix link has the all the good tourney shots I took that day and I relive some of the good feeling everytime I look through the photo album.
xXHarukaXx
Basic Member
Basic Member

7. PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was visiting Utah last week, i immeadiately located the nearest mall, found the Tilt, and spotted the DDR machine.

It was a weird Megamix version with freaky discolorment,
I got up and did Pop4 on Normal and viola! I got to put my initials in for the first time ever, greatest feeling. My name has been immortalized...well, not really, but hey, still felt awesome.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
HF230
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my greatest moments..

AAAing Irrisisblement Heavy *my first cata AAA*

AAAing Think Ya Better D for the first time at the same time as Heavy-Oni-Master.

When my city got Max2.

When I use to play at Concord Mills and having crowds of like 80 people watching you.

But the best moments is when your with your "Crew" and after DDR. That's when the best moments happen. Everybody is just chillin and hanging out doing stupid stuff. I have to say your friends make the best moments.

-HF

DDRecall (DDR EXTREME SCORES)

CHECK OUT MY DDR AAA Videos updated 09/06/09
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Komatos05
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say thats true or just chillin in the arcade with your friends and watching other people play.
D-DREX
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, a day or two ago I broke down crying because tcf closed!
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah all the time.. it is hard to explain really but yeah
916 Roseville SUCKS
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I guess the times that my emotions were higher than I would regularly feel are the times when I passed more heavy songs. The most recent feel good time that I've had this past summer was when I passed So Deep on heavy for the first time... call me weak but I finally understood the steps....after I passed, I felt hella good...
goodtimesddr
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's when I won the local DDR contest at my local billiards. Everybody was having a blast, and everybody was friends. Let the goodtimes roll!!!!!! beerchug.gif
The Past Is Dreaminess
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passing MAXX UNLIMITED with a B, AAing DEAD END.

But emotional... I have a lot of those...I cried the first times I heard Forever Sunshine and Silent Hill, and Tomorrow Perfume at the end always gives me this weird feeling that can't be described...
10-footers I STILL can't do: both fasciantions on challenge, fasciantion maxx heavy, healing d-vision challenge. yay i beat psmo. hell yes. finally. I'M NOT DEPRESSED, OKAY? I'm just a little angry at the world... and everyone. yeah
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Lady Yuna
Basic Member
Basic Member

15. PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just messing around with your friends and doing stupid stuff. I know that's when I have the best time ddring. happy.gif
dj Kyouki
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first time i played on a machine sometime in december of 2002.

the first time i AAed a heavy song sometime in may 2003.

other than that, no.
Basic Member
Basic Member

17. PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...When my arcade got an Extreme - and about a month later, got another one and moved them both to their own private room - and then held a tournament. All the DDR greats in the area showed up. I was the only chick.

It felt really awesome to know that I was the only girl capable of competing - and it was even better, because I runner'd to one of my best friends, Jackson, who is the only person I've ever met that can pass a Max with an A or higher.

Favorites: So Deep, Tsugaru, Matsuri Japan, Sobakasu, & Cowgirl, yes Cowgirl - I'm sorry, I just love the gallop. biggrin.gif
Heavy AA: 16
Heavy AAA: 0
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: