Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Need new hosting for DWI/SM background script site.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyan Garamonde (Nosaj)
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Crouching before a river of poison, staring at the blood on my hands, vowing to have revenge...
0. PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Need new hosting for DWI/SM background script site. Reply with quote

Ok, the Search function's being stupid for whatever reason, so please forgive me or just lock this if there's already a thread about this. I'm trying to find free web hosting that would work for hosting the DWI/SM background changes site (the site linked to in my sig). Ollec's been gracious enough to host this for some time, since before I joined the project; however I believe he'll only be able to host it for another couple of months before he moves off to college, and I don't know if he'll be able to host it after that.

I've tried Googling for free hosting, but I keep running into one problem or another whenever I check out a host: not enough space, disallowed file types (can't imagine why), etc. Hell, some of them won't even allow zip or txt files.... disturb.gif

There's currently about 800MB of individual movie files on the site, although I intend to trim this down by getting rid of duplicate movies and changing appropriate scripts and whatnot. There needs to be room for future movies that have yet to be ripped, plus all of the dwi/sm files and scripts; not going to bother with images--this is going to be a straightforward, strictly functional site. So I guess I'm looking for, say, a gig of available space. FTP access is desired.

If anyone knows of a host that would meet the site's needs, or if you've got some free webspace lying around and are interested in hosting the site yourself, send me a PM. I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me. I don't want to see the whole bgscript project die due to lack of hosting.
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't this go in the DDR Simulators board?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

2. PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there shouldn't be DDR talk in RC, we move here.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosaj, on a friend's sn: Sorry. I'd have put it here, except that it's more a question of hosting than anything in particular about DDR. Plus this forum's not exactly known for being an abundance of knowledge...
Dramigo
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a side note, is Ollec's server up right now?
It's not loading for me, and I was wondering if it was just my damned 56k connection.
View users profile Send private message
Cyan Garamonde (Nosaj)
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: Crouching before a river of poison, staring at the blood on my hands, vowing to have revenge...
5. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not always up, so if it doesn't load for you, wait and try again later.

Meh, ollec's going to look into paid hosting once he gets to college, so the site'll probably just be down for a few months, so I'm not going to worry about finding another place to host it. Not enough people really seem to care, anyway.

LOQ please.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: