Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Would it be possible to turn a fighter stick...

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eliwood
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Would it be possible to turn a fighter stick... Reply with quote

Into an IIDX controller?
I think with a little bit of rewiring maybe you could use the 7 of the 8 face buttons as the buttons and the analog stick into a makeshift turntable...
It'd be better than a Rave Discman but worse than a Official controller.
View users profile Send private message
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find one with a reasonable button layout, you won't have to do anything but map the buttons and set the stick up and down to scratching. I did this with the 5 key games for a while before I got a better setup.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Regenesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um....actually it'd be about 10 billion times worse than a Rave Discman, given that the button layout would be nowhere close to a real controller and there's a huge difference between moving a jostick and turning a turntable.

Just go official...or if you're that desperate and/or strapped for cash, a Rave Discman isn't nearly as bad as everyone says. Much, much, much worse than an official controller, but again, equally better than an arcade stick.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhhhh!!!don't ever mention the rave discman again those words kill my ears!!!ahhhh!!!
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regenesis wrote:
Um....actually it'd be about 10 billion times worse than a Rave Discman, given that the button layout would be nowhere close to a real controller and there's a huge difference between moving a jostick and turning a turntable.

You know those Blaze twin arcade sticks that were available a few years back? Those in particular are way better than the Rave Discman. The button layout is relatively close (though using it for more than 5 key is a bit weird), and they are extremely sensitive and responsive. And the joystick actually works right when you move it to scratch, unlike the turntable on the Discman.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Tekked
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I might try doing that if I can't scrounge up the cash for an official (the price of a controller has been the factor keeping me from getting the game). It doesn't sound like a bad idea and my local Gamestop always has a stock of arcade fighter controllers.
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to find one as close to the button arrangement as possible, and if you can, play around with the buttons and stick in the store to make sure they aren't too stiff or sticky. That should hold you for a little while, since I played 5 key BM with a twin arcade stick for a few months.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total
Tekked
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just need to double check and make sure they aren't all for the X-BOX laugh.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: