Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

All adaptor questions go here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33, 34, 35  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

40. PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...redoctane sells it.

-try up+start+select.
-go into "input options" and shut off auto joy mapping. then go into "configure key/joy mappings" and remap your pad.

my guess? stepmania automapped the pad wrong. it happens quite a bit. just curious...did you read the faq on the front page of this thread? all of that information was there. and the post above mine said that redoctane products generally require you to enter the up+start+select code. at any rate, try that out. if it doesn't work, tell me which version of stepmania you are running and I'll see if there is any way to get that adapter working.
View users profile Send private message
dusthazard
Basic Member
Basic Member

41. PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: StepmaniaX PS2->Xbox Adapter Problems Reply with quote

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to help me.

On the Avalaunch (dashboard app) the down and left triggers don't work either.

While in Avalaunch, I stepped on the the three keys but nothing changes: the down and left just won't function. =D

I'm a newbie and don't know how the program accually works; but I tried to edit the Keymaps.ini and I just couldn't get the keys to work on the pad. Very strange. I'm not sure what's going on.

Also, since I don't have a USB->Xbox adapter, I can't use a keyboard to edit the keymaps in-game. Could there be any way around this?

Also, I'm using StepManiaX V5 which is ported from the Alpha 7 source. Unfortunately, this is the latest Xbox build.

But, the fact that the pad operates the same in any other Xbox application; could that mean there's nothing I can do? I certainly hope not. =D

Thank you very much!
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

42. PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: StepmaniaX PS2->Xbox Adapter Problems Reply with quote

dusthazard wrote:
Also, I'm using StepManiaX V5

oh wow...sorry. I didn't know you were using stepmania for Xbox. I really should've figured from your post subject (most people don't use a post subject so I didn't notice it)...but anyway...

I really know nothing about StepmaniaX at all. sorry, but I don't know how to fix your problem. I can't really suggest anything. maybe if you email tech support at stepmania.com or whatever site it is that ported SM to the Xbox they might be able to help you. anything they say is more than I know about it.

the way I see it, if the pad isn't operating correctly in any other apps, it could either be a faulty pad, or you need a different adapter. but I'm not really the person you need to consult with this problem. I only really know anything about PS->USB adapters
dusthazard
Basic Member
Basic Member

43. PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I appreciate your help anyway. Yeah, I just don't think they worked very well together, so I returned it to the store I purchased it from.

I'm just going to get a dual platform pad and mod it. =D

Thanks very much!

PS: Maybe there should be two pinned topics: One for ??->USB and a PS2->Xbox? Oh, well, just a suggestion. I'm not sure if a lot of people use the Xbox version, anyway.
pocketlint59
Basic Member
Basic Member

44. PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: beginning Reply with quote

hi all,

i've recently been thinking about buying my first pad and adapter, but don't know which ones to choose from

the actual question is: will this new "ultimate adapter" from lik sang
work for stepmania 3.9 alpha 20, and is it worth it's price?

here's the link for it
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=161&products_id=3833&

secondly, what's a reasonably priced pad that will last long with the usual amount of usage?

i'm thinking somewhere within $25 max, but i would very much appreciate a second opinion on this

many thanks
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

45. PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smart joy plus works great. you have to put in a button press code for it to work with pads (which you would've known if you had read my FAQ E13.gif). look for some naki pads if you want a good pad in the $20 range. you might want to see if you can find one without lights, as those seem to have less problems working with PC stepmania setups.
PDub
Trick Member
Trick Member

46. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDub wrote:
Although this looks just like the 'Super Joy', anyone able to verify Vortz is selling the Super Joy and just not labeling it as such?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3677&item=8116884556

Well, I got this thing today and it no so workey. I don't even get an indicator light when I plug it in. Installed the software from the unlabeled floppy.

Anyone gotten one of these Vortz buggers working on XP?
Trick Member
Trick Member

47. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have the latest version of direct x? it might just not be recognizing the device. and would you happen to be able to take a picture of the packaging it came in?
PDub
Trick Member
Trick Member

48. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- DirectX version is 9.0b

It looks exactly like the 'Super Joy' and like the Red Octane (except blue, not black).

It doesn't give any indication when it plugs in my powered USB hub that it's even registering as an active device (at least nothing on the data bus). It's getting power, because if I plug in a regular controller and hit the 'analog' button, the light powers up.

I've tried the Start + Select + Up trick as listed on the RedOctane site.

I tried getting it to work without the drivers (as it says they are optional on XP). I even tried it with the software, it does nothing.

Here's the pics you asked for:

Trick Member
Trick Member

49. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...it looks exactly the same as one I got for a friend of mine that worked perfectly. same packaging and everything. my guess is the one you have is either an older version or faulty. it could also be a problem with your pad. did you check for any input from a normal playstation controller? if it is getting input from a controller it is obviously a voltage problem with your pad...if not, it could be a faulty adapter.

and also, you say you're using a usb hub? did you try plugging it directly into the usb port on your computer? if all else fails, see if you can return it and get a refund (I'm not sure what that seller's return policy is...). if he offers to replace it, as I noticed he has several up for auction, try another one and if that doesn't work, it looks like you should buy directly from redoctane.

it's odd to me that it wouldn't be working though...I'm positive that it is the exact same adapter a friend of mine uses. it even says on the box that it is "especially for ddr and winXP."

EDIT: oh, and drivers are never neccissary to install for smart joy/super dual adapters...they are only for analog support and vibration function for dual shock controllers.
PDub
Trick Member
Trick Member

50. PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I'm just gonna have to contact them. I think this is definately buggered. I don't get anything from an analog controller, other than the power.

I have tried plugging it into a direct port, as well as on two other machines after my last post. So, I think I def got a bad one.

Oh well... a few more days to play SM with a pad E2.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

51. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Redoctane Ignition pad... I'm just gonna buy the RedOctane USB converter... is that a good idea?
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

52. PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this question has been asked before. yes, it is a good idea. read my FAQ if you have any problems with setting up the pad in stepmania. if you have any further questions or any problems, ask. I'll see what I can figure out.
d34d
Basic Member
Basic Member

53. PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend bought an adapter for her Xbox pads. Super Joy Box 11. When we play on them, it won't register multiple buttons, no double jumps or anything. We tried the up start select thing. Any ideas on how to get this thing working?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

54. PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone else asked about this...I really don't have a clue about XBox adapters. as far as I've heard there are no consistantly working ones.
Pantera
Trick Member
Trick Member

55. PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So which adapter seems to be the best for playing Stepmania with 2 Cobalt Fluxes?
Trick Member
Trick Member

56. PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had the pleasure of playing with CFs, but I would assume that the Super Joy Box dual adapter or an ems usb2 would work. I have heard of timing issues with CFs in general (a lag because of the incredible amount of power a CF requires)...but that can be adjusted for by messing with the global gap. I forget what message board I saw it on, but it's around somewhere. I think most people that do end up having to adjust for a lag go into the stepmania.ini file and adjust the GAP by .5 seconds or so. depends on how bad the lag is (if there is one at all...like I said I've never used CFs).
lobr_frozen
Basic Member
Basic Member

57. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Adapter help lease Reply with quote

See...I want to buy this adapter :
http://www.tisinc99.com/plpsxtopcusb.html
but i wanted to know if i works with DDR Mats first. That adapter looks axactly the same as this one but diffent colored outside:
http://www.mayflash.com/pc/pc013/pc013.asp
Stepmania said that the Mayflash one worked with DDR mats. But do the tisinc99 one work?
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

58. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest getting this adapter.

http://www.levelsix.com/detail.aspx?ID=2

for the same price as that one. I usually say to go ahead and get a super joy box because it is cheaper on ebay, but people have been having trouble getting working ones (my friend and I didn't, but I guess we were lucky).

seeing as you aren't buying an adapter from an online auction, you might as well get the EMS USB since I am absolutely certain it works.
lobr_frozen
Basic Member
Basic Member

59. PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Alright Reply with quote

Cool....I heard about that one alot....I heard a rumor that it gets hot sometimes.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 3 of 35

Jump to: