Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

All adaptor questions go here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
konrad87
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Solved my own problem. Worthless post. riiight.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
PDub
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know, it might be useful. Share away!
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Octane Ignition 2.0 and Smart Joy plus....will that work?
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should work just fine. remember to use up+start+select.
View users profile Send private message
Green Eye Infection
Basic Member
Basic Member

24. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K, sorry if this has been answered before, but I have been browsing the forums for weeks and not seen a real answer to my question. So.
Whenever somebody asks where to get an Xbox pad adapter, the answer seems to be "Its actually just a USB cable anyways so you can splice it." My problem is, I don't want to risk blowing out the pad if I screw up, so where can I get an adapter (for Xbox) that works with Dance With Intensity? Thanks
ivinjay
Basic Member
Basic Member

25. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no go. I got it today. Grey EMS USB2 with 2 blue connectors. One side says Gun Controller and the other says Game Controller. Game Controller doesn't work. In XP-PRO Control Panel under Game Controllers it works fine. Even my pad. But Stepmania is not picking it up. There is a switch that says PC and Game. It is set to game.

Also what is the video thing for. There is a USB cable and also a Yellow rca cable for the TV. But if usuing a PC and no TV don't need to plug it in right?

Perhaps I got a wrong version of EMS USB2?

Thanks.
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ivinjay wrote:
There is a switch that says PC and Game. It is set to game.

why would you set it to game o_O

EMS USB2 I've read always needs to be set to PC mode to work on your PC.

Last edited by diddrstrait on Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Eye Infection wrote:
K, sorry if this has been answered before, but I have been browsing the forums for weeks and not seen a real answer to my question. So.
Whenever somebody asks where to get an Xbox pad adapter, the answer seems to be "Its actually just a USB cable anyways so you can splice it." My problem is, I don't want to risk blowing out the pad if I screw up, so where can I get an adapter (for Xbox) that works with Dance With Intensity? Thanks

I am not sure what adapters work for Xbox pads. there are a whole mess of them on ebay, and perhaps with the proper drivers they can work. it really depends on how much you are willing to spend to test these things out though, as I haven't found any reliable information on Xbox adapters. we really do need information on which adapters work for Xbox pads, so if you are willing to test some out and give us info it would be greatly appreciated.

if worse comes to worse, you could try other options like getting a cheap naki ps2 pad, modding it so it doesn't slide, and getting a reliable ps2->usb adapter. I've passed max 300 with a B on heavy using an unmodded cheap ps2 pad with stepmania, so they aren't really as bad as a lot of people say. again, it's all a matter of how much you want to spend and how willing you are to experiment. the reason there aren't a lot of Xbox adapters used with ddr simulators is simply because more people play ddr on their playstations/ps2s. perhaps in time we'll see more reliable hardware support for Xbox dance pads in ddr sims.
ivinjay
Basic Member
Basic Member

28. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I meant PC. I set the switch to PC. but no luck.
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ivinjay wrote:
Sorry I meant PC. I set the switch to PC. but no luck.

there is one last thing you can try, and if it doesn't work I'm stumped. some EMS USB2 user might be able to figure it out better if this doesn't work.

make sure your pad isn't missing any pins in its plug. that's step one as it could be transmitting damaged data. that isn't the thing I want you to try, but it is always good to check. sometimes USB adapters have improperly sized receptors for the pins, causing them to break off when you stick the pad in. if it is missing a pin, get a new pad.

now, for the settings you could try in stepmania...*waits for stepmania to load*

ok, go into options and hit "test input." regardless of how your pad is mapped, it will recognize any input by a stepmania supported device.

if it didn't recognize any input from the pad at all still, try it with DWI. you may have to use that program.

if it did recognize input from the pad, go to input options and shut off automapping. then go into your joy mapping options and remap your pad. it should hopefully work at this point. if it recognizes your pad in the input test, than it will most assuradly work. if it does not, try DWI, try setting it to game (which goes against any ems usb2 faq I've read, but it is worth a try), try plugging it into the gun port.

if none of that works, then the sites that advertise that model of ems usb2 are misinformed. you should send it back and buy a different adapter. ps joy converter, smart joy plus, and super dual box all work perfectly with stepmania without any sort of problem at all.

edit: ONE MORE THING

you could try to joy2key it. look on the DDR Simulator FAQ for info on where to get that program and how to set it up.
ivinjay
Basic Member
Basic Member

30. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also what is the video thing for. That yellow rca cable for the TV. Why does the EMS USB2 need to be pluged in to the TV? Or is that optional?
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that is optional. it may have something to do with the gun mode, as light guns take in data from TV screens.
ivinjay
Basic Member
Basic Member

32. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Test Input option for Stepmania or DWI. But Game Controllers in Control Panel sees 16axes and all lights up in Game Controllers properties of input.

Or is the problem that is says 16 axeses? And Stepmania doesn't handel pads with axseses?
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what version of stepmania are you running? if it is anything past 3.9 alpha 5 it should automatically ignore axis, so that shouldn't be a problem. if it is from before that, you have to set it to ignore axis mode.

Test Input is in my version :-\

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/screen0036.bmp

at any rate, did you try to joy2key it?
ivinjay
Basic Member
Basic Member

34. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stepmania Version 3 Final.
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHHHhhhh...that explains a lot. see if there is a "ignore joy axis" setting somewhere in the options. I've never used 3.0 final, so I'm not sure. if there isn't, download a newer version of stepmania (3.9 alpha whatever-the-hell-one-you-want) if your computer will run it. HOPEFULLY that will work...it'll automatically ignore joy axis and (depending on which alpha you get) should have a test input screen.

if that doesn't work for you, sorry...you need a different adapter E2.gif
ivinjay
Basic Member
Basic Member

36. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that. But I heard alphas haveing a few bugs so I stuck to the Final.

I downloaded the 3.9 Alpha 20 and BINGO.

Test input shows everything, but it says Joy2 whatever not mappped. Where is that part?
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alrighty, now this is getting somewhere. in that screenshot, you'll see it says "input options." go in there and shut off auto mapping. then go into "key config/joy mappings" and remap your pad. all that involves is hitting enter where it says left/right/up/down and pressing the corresponding arrow on your pad.
ivinjay
Basic Member
Basic Member

38. PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its fine now except, mapping has no map for select, just esc. And some share numbers. And no map for s/w and s/e . But such is the nature of the program. It works though at least. And I can kinda play. So thanks for all the help.

I'll post later with further progress.
dusthazard
Basic Member
Basic Member

39. PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Xbox StepmaniaX PS2->Xbox Adapter Reply with quote

Hello,

I have an official Konami dance pad that came with my DDRMAX2 bundle for the PS2. It has all the arrows, an X and O, and a Select and Start.

I'm having trouble getting this pad to work with the Game Elements Convert a Control adapter (which works great with regular controllers, BTW).

This adapter is listed on two different sites as Compatible. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

Here are the links to the sites that mention the adapter as working...

http://www3.telus.net/shocwave/smx/adapters.htm = Sixth adapter down in the orangish packaging.

http://www.redoctane.com/universaladapter.html = Currently being sold, at what I understand, a respectable company.

http://www.stepmania.com/stepmania/adapter.php = Listed here twice (or are they different? I have the one that came in the plastic packaging and they quote "works beautifully."

Anyway, all the buttons on the pad hooked to the adapter work exept for the down and left keys...

If anyone wouldn't mind helping me out I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
DH
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 2 of 35

Jump to: