Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Memory Card discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legendary Luke
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn my data got corupted!! argh! boom.gif I'm mad! O well now I know what to do.
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if anyone here knows me, you know I've got a ton of edit steps. To boot, I've got a dexdrive ^^ I would be happy to donate some of my edits and savefiles to whomever at DDRFreak in order to get more multimedia to people. On that note, is there a step-chart generator for DDR edits?

If anyone has a dexdrive and save files for DDR 4th and 5th mix (JPN) with all the songs unlocked, could you please PM me or post here? There are a few songs I really want to make edits for (Mr.T, Holic, Leading Cyber, etc). Please help me out!
Basic Member
Basic Member

62. PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Is there a way to adjust the perfect window of a DDR home version (for example DDR EXTREME JP) by hacking a system file? I ask this because I'd like the perfect window to be more like that of the arcade versions.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if this has been done before?
Staff Member
Staff Member

63. PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not. That value was never intended to be user-adjustable, and thus there's no reason to store it on a memory card.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
StarCreator
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone pointed out that the descriptions on many of the Japanese PS1 gamesaves all say they are for 3rd Mix, even if they're actually for other games? ^^;

I was going to do DDR MAX and DDR MAX2 (JP) real quick, then realized that I lacked a method of reading PS2 saves. I could... well, put in a completely unlocked save for Disney Mix! That's it! ^^;
N.N.T. Barton '1080 ~IIDX
Trick Member
Trick Member

65. PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T_Bone_X_Zeo wrote:
Question: Is there a way to adjust the perfect window of a DDR home version (for example DDR EXTREME JP) by hacking a system file? I ask this because I'd like the perfect window to be more like that of the arcade versions.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if this has been done before?

to do this you need to create a backup of the game... the gaps are not stored in the system file but inside the game its self... my patch messes with the gaps... search through my posts to find it. open it up with a hex editer to see it... anyways... its difficult and i acdently did it wrong.. soo easy to mess up.(put hexing ddr in a new topic if you wish to contunue conversation about sutch things..)

now on to my question... a ps1 and a ps2 memory card have the same interface.. same pins so why can't i use my DEXDRIVE with my ps2 card?

PRIMARY VIVID NNTB beatmaniaIIDX Ver.012
The sound pressure makes you feel refreshment of mind and body. Feel the shouwer of lights & colors.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

66. PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ N.N.T. Barton~IIDX'RED wrote:
now on to my question... a ps1 and a ps2 memory card have the same interface.. same pins so why can't i use my DEXDRIVE with my ps2 card?
Because of one special word: "MagicGate".

I'm not immediately clear on how it works, but I beleive that MagicGate products have a challenge-response authentication algorithm on both the MC end and the interface end which are used to verify that the memory path has not been tampered with. Don't ask me why they used it on the PS2...I think their long-term plan was to integrate Memory Stick into the system, but this never really got off the ground.

So, the short answer is that the PS2 MC is encrypted and not easily screwed with. This is why all the current MC methods involve interfacing directly with the PS2 instead of the memory card.

The author of PSXGameEdit was working on a similar tool for the PS2 memory card, but life caught up with him and I believe he eventually dropped the project.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow so magicgate isnt just a facy emblem on the box but some sort of anti tampering methoid... is there a way to burn a 3rd party memory manager and maby ddr edits and system files onto a cd and boot to that cd then have the cd load files into your memorycard... i would search google but i tryed ps2 memory card cd...found nothing T_T

The sound pressure makes you feel refreshment of mind and body. Feel the shouwer of lights & colors.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

68. PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that the people that ask for such a disc think that it's such an easy thing to do? disturb.gif

Trick Member
Trick Member

69. PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not if all you got is a dex drive and a cd/dvd burner. i dont have the money to buy another device... thats why i ask for sutch a disc.

Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

70. PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ N.N.T. Barton~IIDX'RED wrote:
not if all you got is a dex drive and a cd/dvd burner. i dont have the money to buy another device... thats why i ask for sutch a disc.
How does your ownership of a DexDrive and a DVD burner make this any easier?

What you're essentially asking is for someone to make you a PS2 game. You realize that, right?

SharkPorts are under $20 on eBay. The MAX Drive is under $30. They're not that expensive.

ZTILTZTILTZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a stupid question.
if i save ddr jpn games and ddr usa games on the same memory card with the same title game, how do i know which is american and which is jpn mixes?

bc i dont want to accidiently delete the jpn ddr mixes. i want to delete usa mixes since i dont have no use to them anymore.
View users profile Send private message
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

72. PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The save files are sorted according to most-recently-used. If you play ExUS, and then another PS2 game, and then ExJP, then ExJP should be the first one you see on your memory card, followed by said random PS2 game, and then ExUS.

Uiru
Contributor
Contributor

73. PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max and Max2 US also don't have 6 and 7 next to the arrow.

However, the save icon for Extreme US and JP look the same, so whichever one you played last is nearer the top.
~Uiru

"I just think everytime [Uiru] touches a keyboard, something epic comes out." ~Ω
View users profile Send private message Send email
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

74. PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Lexar Sport JumpDrive 128 MB last night and tested it with the Datel MAX Drive disc, and it worked perfectly fine. The Lexar is Mac-compatible, so I'm positive that this is a workable solution for those of you out there who have a Mac, although it's a bit expensive, since you need a second device to do it. blink.gif

daikenkai237
Basic Member
Basic Member

75. PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Don't power off your PS2 from the switch in the back. The PS2 uses a *TINY* amount of power when it's in standby mode. You should never need to flip the switch in the back to turn off the PS2. If you actually *do* need to power it down completely (taking the console somewhere), do a soft-power-off by holding down the power button in the front first, and then power it off in the back.

Is the same amount of power used for recent versions of the PS2 such as the new "slim" ones? There is no power switch behind the system, you have to unplug it to turn it off from standby mode. Would that affect the memory card in any way?
View users profile Send private message
SilverVixen
Basic Member
Basic Member

76. PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness for this thread! I was getting realllly freaked out that my new PS2 was messed up, or that my mem cards were... but no. I just have to pay attention, and not turn the thing off while its autosaving. I'm going to play around with turning off autosave too. I think I can handle that.

Quote:
Is the same amount of power used for recent versions of the PS2 such as the new "slim" ones? There is no power switch behind the system, you have to unplug it to turn it off from standby mode. Would that affect the memory card in any way?

I wondered this same thing... I'm pretty sure that if you put it in standby first, and then unplug it, it should be ok. But its ok to leave it in standby, too, right?

So yes. It sure was maddening to see "data corrupted, cancel load" after my sister and I had gotten so many new songs and stuff. Eh, we're a little better now, so I'm sure we'll get those songs back in no time. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
John is OLD SCHOOL
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEVER AUTOSAVE!!! No matter what anyone tells you, autosaving is horrible. It may seem conveinent, but it can frick up your data really easily. Well, autosaving does work, but you have to leave your system on for like another 5 minutes for it to actually fully save. Turn it OFF when you play again, and just go into the menu when you're done. It's actually a lot quicker if you play longer games of DDR.
Basic Member
Basic Member

78. PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....problem, the JP Extreme save for Action Replay MAX EVO (.MAX format) is a broken link, and i tried every other save and action replay won't read the other formats!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

79. PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InvisibleMonkey wrote:
....problem, the JP Extreme save for Action Replay MAX EVO (.MAX format) is a broken link, and i tried every other save and action replay won't read the other formats!!
Fixed. It'' be up within an hour. Sorry 'bout that... riiight.gif

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: