Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Memory Card discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

20. PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louie826 wrote:
Memory cards are universal. They have no region codes on them.

PS1 memory cards do, PS2 memory cards do not.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
LouieT
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modchip Thread wrote:
-Memory Cards-
PS1 and PS2 memory cards are universal for all the regions. A Japanese game will save on a USA game and vice versa

Also, I have a edits made from Extreme JP and a Konamix save on the same PS1 card.
View users profile Send private message
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

22. PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I ever made 5th mix link data I lost all my U.S. game saves on that card. We did it again and found out that it was the link data writing process wiping the memory card...

Must ask Cutriss about this.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

23. PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fluke, I'm afraid.

Louie's right. There's no region-protection system.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

24. PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What???
...it wasn't an isolated incident either...
It happened to quite a few people out here. On a few different PS1s... with a few different copies of 5th mix.
I'm confused now.

LOKI
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have edits from both US and JP. The saves themselve may have region coding on them (IE DDR) so they will only work with specific region games but the cards are universial like all sony playstation peripherals.
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im importing ddr extreme and i want to know if i can use a memory card that has had U.S. game data on it if i delete that memory to use on a japanese game
BAG=A (BAG AA with 1.5 speed mod)
SAKURA=A
Paranoia Survivor=C
Paranoia Survivor MAX=D
The Legend of Max=C
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

27. PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question, I've added this to the FAQ:
Quote:
Q: I want to import a Bemani game. Do I need a separate memory card to store my save data?
A: No. PS1 and PS2 software is not region-locked to specific memory cards. You can have Japanese, US, and EU saves all on the same PS1 card, PS2 card, or HDD.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
pastapup
Basic Member
Basic Member

28. PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: saving ddr results Reply with quote

If two people are using the same game, can our results be saved so we know who has what scores? Also, sometimes, the results on the "high scores" under "records" is not the same as the score I record at the end of a game. Any ideas why? TIA
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need separate memory cards and system files. The home versions of DDR don't support separate record keeping.

CrazyBabyDoc
Basic Member
Basic Member

30. PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to import Sharkport saves on PC into Excel files?
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

31. PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyBabyDoc wrote:
Is there any way to import Sharkport saves on PC into Excel files?
hooded__paladin wrote:
But for the record, what do you want to do?

CrazyBabyDoc
Basic Member
Basic Member

32. PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running a research study on child obesity prevention using DDRMAX2. Out of 60 kids, 40 will be randomized to get a PS2, DDRMAX2, and two Ignition-style pads for 28 weeks. After 12 weeks, the control kids get DDR as well. Kids that complete the study get to keep the gear.

We are using an activity monitor called a CSA accelerometer to track their daily activity for a week in 15 minute blocks at baseline, Week 12, and Week 28. During the first 12 weeks they will also wear a pedometer (step counter) and keep a daily log.

We are using a PS2 memory module to set these kids up but I was hoping I could export Sharkport data to Excel as an independent assessment of activity. It looks like we will just have to pay some poor bloke to look at all the cards (using a PS2) and enter the data manually. Or we may just forget it all together.

thnx

Oh . . . if you know any 7-8yo living within 45 minutes of Chapel Hill, NC . . . drop a line. Our project goes public next week. It's called DANCER.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

33. PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on what data you're looking to extract. Truthfully, you probably should have investigated the feasibility of this prior to finalizing your study (which apparently you're starting next week). I've worked on clinical research before involving games as testing environments, so I'm familiar with the pitfalls involved.

I don't know that anyone has tried to reverse-engineer the Workout Mode data (which I presume is what you want), but if anyone would know, I'm sure Konami would. I don't think it's the sort of programming project that interests most people here. If you talked to someone at Konami, I'm sure they would be happy to document the file format for you so that you could get some useful data from it. It's hardly worth keeping secret.

And that's another point - you need to make sure your subjects know only to use Workout Mode, and you may want to make sure the game is fully unlocked before you give it to them.

And for the record, AFAIK, there's no automated data extraction tools for the Sharkport/X-port format. You would have to use PS2 Save Slicer to extract the save from the Sharkport file, and then use your extraction tool on *that*.

CrazyBabyDoc
Basic Member
Basic Member

34. PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this study is extremely well designed. We are not limiting use to the Workout mode (that wouldn't be very "natural" for the typical kid). I've spent the past 4 months field testing Xbox/Ultramix, PS2/MAX, and PS2/MAX2 in 4-10yo kids before settling on MAX2. Our physical activity monitor (accelerometer) is state of the art.

But thnx for the advice on consulting Konami.

Although we are using 8MB modules to set up "kid-friendly" game options, I nixed the idea of unlocking all of the options/songs. This study is a feasibility pilot (n=60) for a larger public health study. It's far more likely that the "typical" kid/family starting DDR will not have access to Sharkport, etc.

Further, I think there's a certain degree of positive reinforcement that comes from the incremental "achievements" of unlocking songs and game options.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

35. PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyBabyDoc wrote:
Although we are using 8MB modules to set up "kid-friendly" game options, I nixed the idea of unlocking all of the options/songs. This study is a feasibility pilot (n=60) for a larger public health study. It's far more likely that the "typical" kid/family starting DDR will not have access to Sharkport, etc.
Well, I figured that your data entry personnel would handle that part.

But having said that this is a feasibility study changes a whole lot. E1.gif My main project that I did development work was in cognitive psychology, and our sample sizes for full-blown experiments and cognitive battery tests were usually on the order of 300, with feasibility tests done on a pool of 20 or so.
CrazyBabyDoc wrote:
Further, I think there's a certain degree of positive reinforcement that comes from the incremental "achievements" of unlocking songs and game options.
That's a good point. Especially since Max2 has a much lower barrier to entry than Max or Ultramix does with regards to unlockables.
CrazyBabyDoc wrote:
Actually this study is extremely well designed. We are not limiting use to the Workout mode (that wouldn't be very "natural" for the typical kid). I've spent the past 4 months field testing Xbox/Ultramix, PS2/MAX, and PS2/MAX2 in 4-10yo kids before settling on MAX2. Our physical activity monitor (accelerometer) is state of the art.
Well, I know what an accelerometer is, but I'm just trying to imagine how it's being employed in this study.

The main study I worked on involved an oculometer to track eye movements along with input and environment logging to study situational awareness and response characteristics in aircraft pilots. The project is currently working on designing integrating a predictive performance model into an adaptive feedback generator to help pilots maintain correct and optimal performance based on their movements, observations, and other activity.

I'm guessing that what you're doing involves something along the lines of mo-cap to do an in-depth physiological study of the activity the kids are engaging in when they play.

Ronin Ishii
Basic Member
Basic Member

36. PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a very weird problem. I did NOT turn it off when it was saving. And the data is NOT corrupted (according to the ps2 browser). Now for my proablem. My MAX 2 says "FAILED LOADING SYSTEM DATA" when it tries to load my system data. I looked in my mc to see if the data is corrupted, but it's not. Even when I saving in the options menu, it said "OVERWRITE?". Which means it knows the data exists right? Then how come it cannot load the data?
PS I didnt know it should always be left in stand by mode. I always turn mine off. But I turn it off by holding the power button in the front then I turn off the back.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

37. PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronin Ishii wrote:
I'm having a very weird problem. I did NOT turn it off when it was saving. And the data is NOT corrupted (according to the ps2 browser). Now for my proablem. My MAX 2 says "FAILED LOADING SYSTEM DATA" when it tries to load my system data. I looked in my mc to see if the data is corrupted, but it's not. Even when I saving in the options menu, it said "OVERWRITE?". Which means it knows the data exists right? Then how come it cannot load the data?
Can you load the data in anyone else's PS2? Have you tried copying the data to another memory card?

I suggest you try backing it up to another memory card, and then save over it, and see if that's successful.
Ronin Ishii wrote:
PS I didnt know it should always be left in stand by mode. I always turn mine off. But I turn it off by holding the power button in the front then I turn off the back.
You don't *have* to, but it's a good idea. The power draw from the PS2 when suspended is somewhere just above an LCD wristwatch (I haven't actually tested it with a multimeter, so I'm just estimating). Just enough to power that LED.

SxyPhonZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS2 cards are universal.

I have all my data from DDRMAX, DDRMAX2, DDR Extreme, DDR Party Collection, DDRMAX(US), & DDRMAX2(US) all on the same card.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

39. PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SxyPhonZ wrote:
PS2 cards are universal.
Really? Is that why I put this in the FAQ?
Cutriss wrote:
Q: I want to import a Bemani game. Do I need a separate memory card to store my save data?
A: No. PS1 and PS2 software is not region-locked to specific memory cards. You can have Japanese, US, and EU saves all on the same PS1 card, PS2 card, or HDD.

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: