Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Memory Card discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

120. PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be some instances where the card is pulled out or the console is turned off and the program hasn't finished writing to the card. Or it could be bad programming.
View users profile Send private message
httpme
Basic Member
Basic Member

121. PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: One simple cheat to get back all songs/characters on DDR? Reply with quote

Hi there,

The unthinkable has happened! My past near-YEAR playing DDRMax, DDRMax2 and DDR Extreme has all been lost cuz my memory card freaked out somehow. I already read the post on how to avoid this from happening again, but I need to know if there is a FAST way to get back all my characters and songs, isn't there some sort of cheat or sneaky thing I could do to get them all back again? It will take me another 6 months to get them all back again the regular way. Someone PLEASE say you can help me! Surely Konami would have realized this could happen to someone and put in some way to get all songs and dancers instantly back? I've googled and had no luck, but I'm hoping someone here can help me. Thanks much! :-)

-Katie
p.s. If you're bored, check out my rendition of DDR to the "Night Before Christmas":
www.planet-k.com/new/default.cfm?page=Journal&sub=0104&sub2=121404
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

122. PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than downloading the various gamesaves from our Saves section, nope.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Tommy Gun
Trick Member
Trick Member

123. PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is, you can do the old "turbo controller" trick. It requires leaving your PS2 on for a while (and a turbo controller), but it works.
Trick Member
Trick Member

124. PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for the record I suppose I should just post how to do it. You have to change your settings, and I'm not positive (it was a while ago) which you use. I believe you put the settings on Event Mode so it doesn't go back to the title screen--it's possible that some mixes don't count songs played in event mode, so check to see if it unlocks something after 15 min. or so. Play on Light (probably doesn't really matter since you'll probably fail anyway), and try to find the shortest song. Plug in a turbo controller and weigh it down with something on the X button (make sure it's stable!). It should just continually play songs, go back to the song list, select the same song again, and so on. After a while everything should be unlocked.

Someone should write a guide for this with a list of the shortest songs and exactly what settings to use (maybe someone has).
Trick Member
Trick Member

125. PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick question, i have the Dancing Stage Megamix for PS2. im wondering whether the Edit Data from this version can possibly work with an arcade DDREX machine?

im thinking theres no way in hell, but does anyone know for sure?
xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

126. PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KMD wrote:
quick question, i have the Dancing Stage Megamix for PS2. im wondering whether the Edit Data from this version can possibly work with an arcade DDREX machine?

im thinking theres no way in hell, but does anyone know for sure?

It MIGHT work if you have a PSone memory card and export the individual steps to it. Also, make sure that there's a screen during the attract sequence that advertises the memory card ports.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

127. PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that answers pretty much all the weaker points of the question. The real meat of it lies in whether or not the EU versions use the same hackneyed edit tricks that Konamix and the US PS2 mixes do with regards to edit mode (inconsistent MDATs, incorrect mix IDs).

I can't certify to the answer, but it's almost definitely a "no".

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
KMD
Trick Member
Trick Member

128. PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys,

i gave up on the idea since this home version is so crap. ill just borrow one of my friends' ddrex and jap ps2.
paintballer05
Trick Member
Trick Member

129. PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so can i doenload saves onto a pin drive and plug that into my ps2 and play them? or how does that work do i need something else?
VxJasonxV
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

130. PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR does not support Pen drives.

Amusing Pictures: lolddrfreak | Road of LoQ
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website Xbox Live Gamertag
xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

131. PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, DDR doesn't support USB Flash drives, but I believe there are certain cheat devices that support the transfer of game saves from a Flash drive to your memory card and vice versa. That may be what he's talking about.
ohnoitschris
Trick Member
Trick Member

132. PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paintballer05 wrote:
so can i doenload saves onto a pin drive and plug that into my ps2 and play them? or how does that work do i need something else?

you need to actually get them onto your memory card, not a USB drive
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

133. PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd ask if anyone actually reads the first post...but then I'm not sure people would read this post to receive my angst.

katiepie
Trick Member
Trick Member

134. PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I have a brand new PS2, a brand new memory card and a brand new game of "Dancing Stage Party". Yet with all 3 together, switched on, I get the message something like "Not enough blocks of memory, continue playing without saves anyway?"

The card is 8mb and otherwise blank so WTF? Any ideas if it's a problem with the console, the card or the game? Or does DSP need more than 8mb of memory space to save? Surely not.

Kinda annoying when everything is brand new and you can't get it to work... E19.gif
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

135. PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New PS2 memory cards typically need to be formatted before use. I was under the impression that Sony TCLs required all games to check for formatting and offer to do it if needed.

Use the PS2 system browser to open it. That should ask you to format it if the card needs it.

AustinPowers97
Basic Member
Basic Member

136. PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Memory card issues Reply with quote

I've had corrupted data on memory cards for ddr max, max 2 and extreme. So i just ended up getting a second memory card and backed up my data.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

137. PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backups are a good idea anyway, even if you -don't- get corruption.
XohshitztonysbackX
Trick Member
Trick Member

138. PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, WHen I was at the select music screen, when I tried to save data, it freezes, why does it do that?

This happened on DDREX2. Some how Data didnt get corrupted, and I didnt remove the memory card...
mmmm p'zone :)
Trick Member
Trick Member

139. PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i have ddr extreme jap version

made edits for songs

files are 300 somthing kilabites

how do i transfer the 300 and somthing kb edit folder to my ps1 memory card with 120 somthing kb thats where im f-ing up

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: