Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Memory Card discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

100. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen anything like that, and I'd really like to, but it seems like kind of a specialty thing. I doubt it's PS2-compatible, since Sony seems unwilling to license MagicGate to anyone other than companies like SanDisk and Lexar...but still, I'd like to see something like this.

The EMS USB adapter comes to mind, but I was under the impression that it wasn't as simplistic as this device sounds.

Sentient Mode is capable...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
[TCO] Patrick
Trick Member
Trick Member

101. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it was a PS1 Card, I got to ask that much to the owner of it.

It seemed like a homemade rig setup. It had wiring protruding off the board of the memory card which ended in a USB "mouth" (for lack of a better term) to plug into the ITG machine. The Playstation mount was untouched, and Im assuming you could still use it as a DDR card (which is my intent, the only reason I want the USB interface is to try and operate it on my computer and load the link data files onto the card).

It seems that this isnt a widely popular technique (possibly due to wiring it yourself? A risk Im willing to take) for some reason, but I am very interested in finding out more about it.

videoCWK wrote:
ITG can go beyond level 10? Woah...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
kungfufighter
Basic Member
Basic Member

102. PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: festival data corruption....I think.. Reply with quote

I know this has been discussed a million times but I'm not having too much luck searching the archives for the posts. My copy of festival seems to have a data corruption to the save file...I can still load the game, but at bootup it gives me a couple of prompts that I cant understand/read(of course this has to happen on the one disc that is in japanese!). I can get through these but then my saved progress is gone(full unlock). Is there any way to recover the data, the save file is still on the memory card it just doesn't seem to want to load or something. I've had this happen once already with festival, and just started over but i'd rather not lose everything again. I have all the other ps2 ddrs US and JP, This only seems to happen to festival. Is there ANY way to get it back?
View users profile Send private message
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

103. PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not. The odds are that you turned your PS2 off before it was finished writing the save file, and so while your PS2 may not realize the save file is corrupted, DDR Festival won't be able to read it.

Might wanna keep a backup next time.

'course, it's hard to know what exactly happened without pictures of the screens.

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
emeraldstar
Basic Member
Basic Member

104. PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, don 't suppose anyone has a save for Extreme USA? The corrupt bug just nailed me... all my missions and songs unlocked...gone. I have a dexdrive but have searched both the board and the net and haven't seen a dexdrive-compatible Extreme USA Unlock save.. or any Extreme USA Unlock save actually. Any help would be greatly apprechiated. Thanks!
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

105. PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emeraldstar wrote:
Umm, don 't suppose anyone has a save for Extreme USA? The corrupt bug just nailed me... all my missions and songs unlocked...gone. I have a dexdrive but have searched both the board and the net and haven't seen a dexdrive-compatible Extreme USA Unlock save.. or any Extreme USA Unlock save actually. Any help would be greatly apprechiated. Thanks!
We have saves in the gamesave section. Go to the Songlists and Versions page and all the links are there.

Also, the DexDrive is only for the PS1. You can't use it for PS2 saves.

FoxFireX
Trick Member
Trick Member

106. PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
Also, the DexDrive is only for the PS1. You can't use it for PS2 saves.

I never used a DexDrive, but out of curiosity, would it be possible to use that to put a PS2 save file on a PS1 card, then use the PS2's card manager to transfer from the PS1 card to a PS2 card? Sort of like saving your edits on a PS2 card then transferring them to PS1 for use in the arcade? Just wondering.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

107. PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are entirely too many reasons for that to not work.

Sorry if I sound short, but I'm just flustered in general right now.

xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

108. PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the game saves sections, would there be any chance of providing raw saves for those of us who prefer to FTP them onto our memory cards? E13.gif
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

109. PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xbskid wrote:
Speaking of the game saves sections, would there be any chance of providing raw saves for those of us who prefer to FTP them onto our memory cards? E13.gif
Define "raw". And also, how exactly are you FTPing them? The only way I can think of that you'd be doing it is if you were running Linux with a DexDrive, which I think mounts as /dev/psx0.

DJ Takahashi
Trick Member
Trick Member

110. PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems Ive had no problem saving jap or american save DDR games on my PAL memory card E1.gif
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

111. PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Takahashi wrote:
Seems Ive had no problem saving jap or american save DDR games on my PAL memory card E1.gif
There is no "PAL" memory card. PAL is a television broadcast standard and has nothing to do with your memory card.

If you mean "EU", then sure, but I pretty much said in the first post that PS1/PS2 memory cards are region-agnostic.

xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

112. PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutriss wrote:
xbskid wrote:
Define "raw". And also, how exactly are you FTPing them? The only way I can think of that you'd be doing it is if you were running Linux with a DexDrive, which I think mounts as /dev/psx0.

I use ExecFTP, which can be booted with HDLoader. I can then begin a session from my PC. I believe the devices are mounted as /mc0 and /hdd0 but it's been a while. I think I poorly worded my statement. I should have said "native" format, as in the format that the saves are stored on the memory card; not a DexDrive format, or AR2, etc. As far as I know, a PSone game save is stored as a single entity while PS2 game saves are stored as folders (with the product code in its name) that contain an icon and one or more files.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

113. PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. That's useful.

At any rate, though, no, we won't be offering them uncompressed, as that's just kinda wasting our bandwidth. Sorry. :/

xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

114. PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that they're uncompressed (You can use ZIP for that), but that I don't have or know of any utility that will convert what's available in the downloads section. frown.gif
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

115. PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What formata does it use then?

Perhaps you should try the Dance Play modification as described by Catastrophe, and then diff them against the other formats so that you can see what might work, or what modifications you might need to make.

xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

116. PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to need a link to Catastrophe's modification. The search function is nice for finding short posts, but clicking the link to view the post simply dumps me at the thread's start, and I really don't feel like sifting through the 170+ pages of the "EXTREME US is out!" thread. frown.gif

Edit: Okay, so I used the "Show all posts by user" thing in Catastrophe's profile and not the Search function. riiight.gif HOWEVER when I -did- go to use the search function, I got this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /home/ddrfreak/www/www.ddrfreak.com/data/phpBB2/search.php on line 321

Edit2: Okay, I found his post...now I just need a worthwhile hex editor.
Cutriss
Staff Member
Staff Member

117. PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xbskid wrote:
Edit2: Okay, I found his post...now I just need a worthwhile hex editor.
XVI32. Freeware and pretty much the best one out there. If you don't mind paying, HexCmp is also good - it has better copy/paste functionality, and it's not only one of the only binary diff tools out there, it's gotta be the best one. I think it was $30 to register it. I did.

xbskid
Trick Member
Trick Member

118. PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is what I discovered:

First, the native memory card format. On the memory card, there are folders for each entity viewed in the Browser on the PS2. It's formatted as such: "XXYYYY-YYYYYZZZ" Where XX is the country code (BA for North America, etc), YYYY-YYYYY is the product code (For EXTREME US, it's "SLUS-20916"), and ZZZ is the type of save (system, library, etc). The structure appears as such:

/BASLUS-20916system/BASLUS-20916system [Actual game save]
/BASLUS-20916system/icon.sys [Probably settings for the icon]
/BASLUS-20916system/output.ico [Probably the icon graphics]

I compared the locations described in Catastrophe's .xps save to the native save that I copied. The native save seems to begin about 0xEC67 into the XPS save, and modifying the corresponding locations has the same effect. Since I'm still hoping there is an official way to unlock MEMORIES, I used my edited save to create library data with all of the difficulties, then restored my backup. E1.gif
T3h Drew
Basic Member
Basic Member

119. PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I want to know about Mem Cards is why the data on them gets corrupted sometimes o_O
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: