Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official Amplitude Thread

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJRedHat
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Official Amplitude Thread Reply with quote

Amplitude Is A Fun Game.....Its Challenging To Its Like Stepmania Compared TO DDR ...Amplitude Has Those Insane "Notes" its also a fun 2 player game....a friend of mine can do insane on it which is scary its like hittin notes that arent even there...its got its "max300's" and such ....i think it would be kool if they had a like amplitude "2nd Mix" but allota games die on the first one....but some go on like Final Fantasy And Grand Theft Auto...i Doubt THerell be another amplitude
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Rob138
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt there will be another amplitude too.... I have it and it's pretty fun. One of those party games you can play with a couple of friends without getting bored. I'm stuck on the third out of the foud difficulties... I forget what it is. It has a nice selection of music from 80's, trance, hardcore, R&B, punk, rock, game-orientated, to electro-rap! I'd say around 20 songs... here's a list:

P.O.D vs. The Crystal Method - Boom
Garbage - Cherry Lips
Quarashi - Baseline
Chris Child with Melissa Kaplan - Shades of Blue
Logan 7 - Uptown Saturday Night
Run-DMC - King of Rock - X-Ecutioners Mix
The Baldwin Brothers - Urban Tumbleweed
Weezer - Dope Nose
David Bowie - Everyone Says "Hi" (Metro Mix)
Freezepop - Super-sprode
Pink - Respect
Papa Roach - M-80 (Explosive Energy Movement)
Mekon with Roxanne Shante - What's Going On
Herbie Hancock - Rockit (2.002 Remix)
The Production Club - Rockstar
DJ HMX with Plural - Cool Baby
BT with Wildchild - Kimosabe
Slipknot - I Am Hated
Game Boyz - Push
Blink-182 - The Rock Show
Dieselboy - Sub Culture (Dieselboy + Kaos Rock Remix)
Symbion Project - Synthesized
Komputer Kontroller - Robot Rockerz
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya These Are My Favorite Songs Off That List:

David Bowie - Everyone Says "Hi" (Metro Mix)
Freezepop - Super-sprode
The Production Club - Rockstar
DJ HMX with Plural - Cool Baby
BT with Wildchild - Kimosabe
Blink-182 - The Rock Show

I Can DO Normal but i dont even have the game myself....i play it when im at my friends sometimes
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
sonyeddie
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have Amplitude. I used to play it online and all but I stoped playing cuz of DDR and FFXI. I also had frequency ""the game before Amp''. I did manage to pass the whole game in insane, took me 4 months.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
sniperman99
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: AMPLITUDE is pretty cool Reply with quote

the songs are alright...i mean they need a bigger selection of songs.of course if they came out with a sequel that would probably solve the problem but most likely they aren't plannin a sequel for amplitude.
jas
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand (and have read) Harmonix would love to make another Amplitude. The problem however was that the first one had really low sales (to it's credit, did anyone even see a commercial for it?) even though the critics gave it great reviews on average.

It's a shame but what it boils down to is that the profit was less then expected and what company wants to just "throw" money away?

I personally love the game and occasionally break it out to work on getting 4 bars on every song i can. :D
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Thats What I Hate When Alotta People Like A Game But Not Enough Do So Then It Dies Out...From Say Profit.....Kinda Like DDR Even Though i have no idea where ddrs goin......a second amplitude would definetly be bought by myself...i didnt get the first one cause ide get tired of the lik 20 songs or w/e not enough songs.......but itll just probly die likealotta games do
MJSi24
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing that game earlier today. I really like it. It's a music game I can play when I just can't play DDR.

When I was playing today I was noticing that at times I had to put one finger on all 3 shoulder buttons to play the right parts, and I started thinking that wouldn't it be easier if I had a flat surface with 3 buttons that I could push to play. Then I starting thinking some more and I thought about the beatmania controllers and the controllers for fighting games. Do you guys think either of these would work with amplitude? I know dance pads don't work with the game though for some reason, I guess it can't detect ps1 controllers or something.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Dark Hogosha
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJSi24 wrote:
I was playing that game earlier today. I really like it. It's a music game I can play when I just can't play DDR.

When I was playing today I was noticing that at times I had to put one finger on all 3 shoulder buttons to play the right parts, and I started thinking that wouldn't it be easier if I had a flat surface with 3 buttons that I could push to play. Then I starting thinking some more and I thought about the beatmania controllers and the controllers for fighting games. Do you guys think either of these would work with amplitude? I know dance pads don't work with the game though for some reason, I guess it can't detect ps1 controllers or something.

When you get to Brutal and Insane, you NEED to have one finger on all three shoulder buttons. I used to play it like I play fighting games...with my left hand pistol-gripping the control pad (and one finger on L1 or L2 for powerups), which leaves my right hand free so that I can tap the other three buttons (index finger, middle finger, ring finger).

As far as whether or not a non-Dual Shock 2 will work...well, I dunno. I've thought of that before, and I should try it out with my arcade stick, buuut...just never got around to it. Using the shoulder buttons becomes so slick after a while, though, that, once you use that enough, you'll never want anything else.
"...to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success." - Emerson
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
operator
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely loved FreQuency and Amplitude when they came out. I can get 4 bars on almost all the songs in both games, but Komputer Kontroller and (super hidden song in Amplitude) both give me trouble every time.

I used to play by using Square, Triangle and Circle... boy was that stupid. Having three fingers on the shoulder buttons is truly the only way to play this game. It's so intuitive, and once you start playing it just becomes second nature and you don't even notice the controller in your hand.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Frequency's play better but Amplitude has better songs and stuff. I like Blink 182 - The Rock Show.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play both Frequency and Amplitude I have beaten Frequency all the way through and I've almost finished beating Insane on Amplitude I've still got to unlock and beat some of the bonus songs on Amplitude. I'm planning to play Amplitude online as soon as I can afford a Network Adaptor. My most favorite songs from the games are:
Freezepop: Science Genious Girl and Super Sprode
Juno Reactor: Higher
and any other Trance/Electronica song on the games.
austin
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play Amplitude pretty often, but after 15 months, the same 26 songs start to get pretty boring. I have 4 bars on everything (nothing unlocks), so there's really nothing left for me to do.
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to play AMP online ranked in the top 500 a few times then I just stoped playing because I got tired of the songs. Plus there were a few bugs while playing online (score bug, other players taking over your track) so I guess the ladder system had a margin of error.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: