Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The Talent Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdviceGopher
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aku! wrote:
...to put down others, then..well, you know.

Well, I never meant to put down anyone. Also, that picture isn't from any website... My brother took it a while ago on our trip to Boston. That was our friend Jade just goofing off, he spilled soda down his pants... he's a moron.

Oh, and I'm terribly sorry if using Photodump.com offends you so much... I just think you need to chill.
View users profile Send private message
blucow
Trick Member
Trick Member

21. PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, but I'm curious, did they let you bring in a PS2, TV, game and pads? It just seems a little off...
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Neemo
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For heavens sake people! This is not about You!!! This is about the kids Talent show!

FOCUS!!!!

I am PHREKWENCI'S Number 1 PHAN!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Notorious DLR
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you! I was thinking of freestyling next year for the talent show at my school, but i probably will wimp out ('%5E%5E;') But my friends and I were thinking of starting a DDR club at school or out of school anyway. Anyway, you're very brave to go up in front of everyone like that, as people are so judgemental about things they dont understand or cant do.
again, good job
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Notorious DLR
Trick Member
Trick Member

24. PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry my computer is messed up. It posted it twice('%5E%5E;')
LaGunA1126
Trick Member
Trick Member

25. PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got an update!

So today my school had underclassmen awards (they gave out scholarships from organizations and subject awards and stuff like that), and after the awards we had the "review" of the talent show. A few people were asked to perform again, including us. So we peformed again, except this time in front of 5 times as many people because all the teachers and all of the underclassmen. We were a huge hit, we had other students AND teachers saying how amazing we were all day, it was great happy.gif.

...and just so you know how we set it up because somebody asked that....we went on the stage, set up a digital projector on the floor, plugged in the video to that, set up a portable projector screen about 10 feet away, hooked up the audio wires to the gym's sound system, and we were all set to go. It was no problem for us to bring in the Playstation 2, the projector and the screen are school property so they let us use it. Even though this is a catholic high school, they're still VERY open to everything lol.

Since we go to a catholic high school the people that attend it aren't as judgemental about everything. Most people that go to our school aren't devout catholics, we just go there for the education and enviornment because it's much better than a public school.

Also, I did this because of a few different reasons. It would be fun, thats a given. My friend I did this with would have never done this but I was brave, and sometimes I feel bad for him because he's just not well known in our class, and I wanted him to get some attention because whenever we're together I usually get the attention, so I'm just being a good friend. Lastly, I wanted to show people that DDR is not always just a bunch of people moving their feet really fast and sweating.
AdviceGopher
Trick Member
Trick Member

26. PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job dude!! I can't imagine anywhere around here where you could play DDR and have people not laugh at you =P Congrats on your talent show!
View users profile Send private message
jbean3535
Trick Member
Trick Member

27. PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PockyBunny wrote:
Way to go! *high fives* I always wanted to perform DDR in front of the school, but my school is -really- judgemental and rude. Oh well, maybe next year....

Same here...my school thinks i am gay cuz i have two friends who r girls...whats up with that????
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
LaGunA1126
Trick Member
Trick Member

28. PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbean3535 wrote:
Same here...my school thinks i am gay cuz i have two friends who r girls...whats up with that????

wow, the way you put that its like, them beating you up because you have a girlfriend O_o. That must really suck dude, theyre idiots disgust.gif

So, if you've read anything about the girl situation because of the talent show, you'll know what I'm talking about next. So it turns out that I'm being "fought" over, although it hasn't elevated to that level. These two girls are very close friends. If you look back I talked about one girl that said "you're going to prom with me", she likes me and i like her, but her friend (who is also a friend of mine) apparantly likes me too, But I've never had feelings for her like she has feelings for me right now. This sucks, I'm caught in the middle of it >_<. You know what I find incredibly ironic?......the fact that I've never had a girlfriend before, and I'm 16, and then all of a sudden I have girls fighting over me. Dammit! Guys.....we will NEVER understand how the hell a girl's mind works. (and to bring up another point - girls suck because they get emotional over the stupidest things, and guys suck too because they tend to treat girls like poopy in most cases, like theyre property)

So I'll probably update more about the whole talent show story later, right now I'm gonna call that girl that I like, and I'm nervous as hell, wish me luck blink.gif
jbean3535
Trick Member
Trick Member

29. PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no..i fu have a gf they wont beat on u but if u r friends with one it is bad for some stupid reason...
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Neemo
Trick Member
Trick Member

30. PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbean3535 wrote:
no..i fu have a gf they wont beat on u but if u r friends with one it is bad for some stupid reason...

HE'S TRYING TO SAY SOMETHING! I KNOW IT!

I am PHREKWENCI'S Number 1 PHAN!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
jbean3535
Trick Member
Trick Member

31. PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOAH! did not even notice that..sorry....If you have a girlfriend they wont make fun of you but if you are friends with one they like kill u...hard to explain!
Nightmare3000
Basic Member
Basic Member

32. PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Talent Show Reply with quote

LaGunA1126 wrote:
My friend and I decided to do DDR freestyle routines for our school's talent show this year (we did it last year too but it got really screwed up). So we did our three routines that we worked hard on, and we got GIGANTIC standing ovations, and after each song too!!! It was so great, when we finished and went back to our seats we kept getting high fives, and comments like "nice job guys" and "that was soooooo sick". So we're happy happy.gif. We didn't win anything, we actually came in 4th place out of 26 acts (1st place winner deserved her award, but the 2nd and 3rd place winners weren't that great to be honest and objective). Also, on monday we'll be doing our freestlye routines again, except this time in front of the ENTIRE student body (high school) after the underclassmen awards because we're putting on a little review of the talent show afterwards for the people that didn't see it.

....and theres one amazing thing that might come out of this, a girlfriend haha E4.gif , and about 10 people that want us to teach them how to play ddr haha.

- im sorry if this is kinda random, but i just had to share this with everybody, everything was so unexpected and te results were so amazing! -

No wonder you got 4th place man. YOU WERN'T PAING!!!!!! At a talent show once I totally make everyone look like a piece of crap after AAing Sakura on heavy. I have nothing against freestyles but perhaps if it was comedy then you'd deserve far more. E1.gif
kevdadude121
Trick Member
Trick Member

33. PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have any other viewer noticed that this has turned into some argument about some really annoying pictures??!?!??!?!!?!?!!?!$#@{$!{$}
Chesskid1
Trick Member
Trick Member

34. PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what song did u freestyle too can u post pic of girls
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
LaGunA1126
Trick Member
Trick Member

35. PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevdadude121 wrote:
have any other viewer noticed that this has turned into some argument about some really annoying pictures??!?!??!?!!?!?!!?!$#@{$!{$}

yea.....that was about 10 posts back, i think thats over....

Chesskid1 wrote:
what song did u freestyle too can u post pic of girls

you are my friend, are what i like to call a leecher of sorts. but anyways, we did freestyle routines to Think Ya Better D, Let's Groove, and AM-3P, all on heavy. I don't have videos of it or anything, so im sorry about that.

and maybe i can post a pic of the girl i was talking about in the appropriate thread soon because....

I now have a girlfriend E4.gif , I'm just so happy, I love it happy.gif

Nightmare3000 wrote:
No wonder you got 4th place man. YOU WERN'T PAING!!!!!! At a talent show once I totally make everyone look like a piece of crap after AAing Sakura on heavy. I have nothing against freestyles but perhaps if it was comedy then you'd deserve far more.

Now you see, unless a good majority of the people at the judges table play DDR at a high level, AA'ing a song will have no effect. Trust me. You need to look at what you're doing from different points of view. Chances are, most of the people in the audience have absolutely no clue how the game works, so if you just start AA'ing a song like Sakura then they'll be lost and the impression factor will go waaaaay down. That's why we did freestyle rountines. They were fun to do, fun to watch, and overall, we got the biggest applause. We did stuff backwards, breakdanced a little, and some other stuff. If a person who has never seen the game before went to your talent show and saw you AA'ing Sakura, all they would see would be a bunch of arrows flying up really fast on a screen, and a kid on stage sweating....thats it. I'm not trying to put you or anybody down right now, but you need to show people what fun you can have by showing them something cool, and staring at the screen and trying to AA a song is not gonna do it, more people will probably say that you're crazy or geeky instead of saying that you're impressive. Catch my drift?
CelestialMortal
Trick Member
Trick Member

36. PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you whole heartly. You will never get an adduance if you just go by the steps. you need to make it interesting. By the way. what types of freestyle moves did you do? I'm just curious. and and before i forget. Kudos on 4th place.

REGARDS
CM
LaGunA1126
Trick Member
Trick Member

37. PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should've done this before lol

Think Ya Better D - pad switching, spins, couple of handslaps nothing too big

Let's Groove - WOW, we had so much fun with this one. Since most of the judges would be adults we picked this song because it's a remix of a song they all would know. We had lots of fun doing all these disco moves and stuff, opposite spins, drops, and doing pars of it backwards.

AM-3P - I took J-Dogg's routine as a base and altered it greatly and added stuff to it. For those of you that never saw it, it was filled with sliding (for lack of a better term), pretzels (if you know what they are), huge handslaps, and some backwards crazy stuff that you need to see for yourself lol.
CelestialMortal
Trick Member
Trick Member

38. PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can image you doing them. Its good that you had a lotta fun while doing this. after what whould be the point. Too bad you didn't get a video of it. O well what can you do? well once again...good job

REGARDS
CM
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: