Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Death Steps
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geno_Atog
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Death Steps Reply with quote

Ok, I was on the gamefaqs board and some guy was saying something about death steps. What I could get out of the convorsations was that some kid died while playing DDR. Has anyone else heard about this? I'm confused and I wunna know if it's true or not. It isn't like I'm goin to stop playing or anything, but it would be nice to know what song to avoid.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
TEEX
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: getting killed by rubber ducks in Silversurfer (NES)
1. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only "death steps" I know about are the 8th runs at the end of LoM and PSMO. I guess that's why the song is called Paranoia Survivor Max[/b]
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Death Steps Reply with quote

Geno_Atog wrote:
What I could get out of the convorsations was that some kid died while playing DDR.

. . . wow

TEEX is right, play legend of max or paranoia survivor max oni. The crazy stream of arrows at the end are called the "death runs"
Oolong
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Death Steps Reply with quote

Geno_Atog wrote:
What I could get out of the convorsations was that some kid died while playing DDR.

hahahaahahahAHAHAHAHAHAahaa

"If there were a country in the world called Funia, Disco House would be its national anthem, as well as the name of its capital city. I was once walking down the street late one night when a hooker called to me from the curb, asking me if I was looking for some fun. "No thanks, Miss" I replied, pulling out a set of headphones. "I've got Disco House, the most fun there is." - Ishkur
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Frozen V (for Extreme)
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a kid about 14 years old and he did Legend Road...And finished the whole thing. Then he just passed out i dont know on his condition right now but death runs can mean death sometimes lol
TCBCR.Toastercookie
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lololol dis 1 tiem I wuz payin Be Im Mai Paradise beginner and mai best frient teh died onoes E2.gif E2.gif E2.gif E2.gif E2.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Andre Segarra
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO...y'all are priceless.

ANYWAY...it's actually called PARANOiA Survivor because, like Trip Machine, it's the only song to have remixes all the way up through 8th mix from first. So those songs have survived through all of DDR.

But to answer the original question: anything that looks like you can't do it, you should probably wait to try. If it looks like you can get messed up trying to play that song, assume someone has. Just use some uncommon sense.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all are silly.

He died playing the death steps in Tsugaru standard.

Hardest. Song. Evar.

And no, I don't think anyone has actually died playing DDR, but that is where the Tsugaru standard joke originated.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who says the person died on a hard song? I was at the arcade today and LMAO! I saw a girl do Captain Jack light and practically pass out. I bet she wished she didn't eat all those pies. Fatty.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
tsugaru_man
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsugaru standard? try tsugaru heavy. i can't beat that one. but yeah, i saw those death steps when one kid was doing them, and it looked hella hard.
DJX
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trick_is_awesome wrote:
tsugaru standard? try tsugaru heavy. i can't beat that one. but yeah, i saw those death steps when one kid was doing them, and it looked hella hard.

Trust me...it's Tsugaru standard E15.gif . It's the hardest song in DDR history OMFWTFZ0RZ1337!!!!111one1

P.S. It's a joke...Tsugaru standard is not the hardest song ever.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't get the joke blink.gif
SO! loves Electroplankton
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's an inside joke. Gamefaqs is wierd.
53xy N0 Ju75u
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trick_is_awesome wrote:
i don't get the joke blink.gif

It's been around for a while. I remember people would ALWAYS say that when the question came up like, "What is the hardest song on SM?"

Everyone would be like:
"Tsugaru Standard Fo SHO! I almost died!"

I forgot about it until DJX mentioned it again. laugh.gif

Catch me Lucky Charms!
Aku Soku Zan
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that anyone has really died while playing DDR, otherwise I think someone would have sued Konami (regardless of their warning, someone would have sued anyway because that's how people are). If they have then I'm wrong then I'm doomed to a life of never passing Tsugaru standard AGAIN! (even PSMO can't touch Tsugaru standard E15.gif )
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one time, I was playing Cutie Chaser (morning mix) on heavy, and I died. I assume "death steps" refers to when somebody is playing this song.

(P.S.- Thanks to Jesus and black magic, I came back to life. phew)
ddrfan163
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always try to do songs i know i can barely pass (which are few and far between at this point only ones are like LoM, Maxx Unlimited, and PSMO)
but i find it is the only way i can get better. yes i agree death steps are nasty, but no one ever died on them, they just refer to the high scale of difficulty
TEEX
Trick Member
Trick Member

Location: getting killed by rubber ducks in Silversurfer (NES)
17. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think it's possible it was a figure of speech? Maybe the kid fainted or something doing an exhausting song, it's just hard to believe he "died."
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh.

The rumor first started i believe when a kid was injured while playing Healing Vision -Angelic Mix-'s OLD double steps. Which had a part in it, where during the brief pause, you had to jump across the pad. Legend has it that a kid was injured/died during this, which in turn caused them to change the steps.

At least, that's how i remember it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe somebody was killed by someone playing. Maybe he was behind the pad and got elbowed is the head or chest or something. It's hard to believe some one died. I've tried to pass LOM Heavy, and I tried to keep up, and finished with 2 perfects, 4 greats, 90 goods, and the rest misses, but I didn't die... or maybe I did, can't remember very well.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: