Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

PLZ look and download this sm/dwi.
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XxaMMaxXian
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: PLZ look and download this sm/dwi. Reply with quote

Hey everyone, we are two DWI makers from the small is island of New Zealand. (No it's not part of Aussie)

Now then, we have created a DWI/SM called XxaMMaxX.

We mixed Max300 by taking bits of it out, reversing it, and squishing it back into the song, giving it a very weird yet cool tune. The steps we made are quite challangeing, so we have not decided the difficulty of the song, however it is much more than 10 steps.

I'll be very surprised if anyone A's this on the first go.

I made the music, and I took an existing DWI and just cleared the arrows and made new ones (I'm lazy, sue me). Which is why even though it says it's mixed by BemaniRuler..it's not.

First third of the steps were made by me, the second thirdths was made by my friend.

I hope you all enjoy, and also comment about it.

If you wish to contact us, our emails are

raad_is_cool@hotmail.com (friend)
ddr_halo@hotmail.com (Me)

http://www.hac.net.nz/ddr/XXAMAXX.zip

Mods: Delete this if you think its not necessary.
[S4U] Evo
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is one of those "eeww" dwi's, played it once and its out of my computer. sorry.

and this should go in the "get your dwi's here" sticky thus this will get locked.

View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

2. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a little different from "getting a dwi". He's looking for feedback, and I don't think I've ever locked a thread looking for feedback.

Anyway, is there any particular reason why the zip file is XXAMAXX, and the name of the song is XxaMMaxX (missing an M)?
Basic Member
Basic Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no we originally called it XxaMaxX but we changed it to XAMMAXX.

As fo r Evo fusion i think you found XXAMMAX to be to L33T for you so you got rid of it.
XxaMMaxXian
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this is to Evofusion: I think you shoud play this instead coz this is what you should be doing.

http://www.arch0wl.com/originals/!!starchf0wljokeoriginals/suckmydogsdick.zip

So umm thanx for the good as welcome you gave me and thanx for the encouragement you gave me to keep making SM/DWI's.

Oh i was being SARCASTIC if you didn't know so you can SUCK MY DOGS DICK
Pkmnrulz241
Basic Member
Basic Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm....

That was...

erm.gif

..odd... blink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

6. PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XxaMMaxXian wrote:
Hey this is to Evofusion: I think you shoud play this instead coz this is what you should be doing.

(insert flaming)

Don't make me lock this because you can't take criticism. I suggest you start thinking professional.
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah man, jes chill

im DLin yer song now and will try it out when i get home
wanting you...
XxaMMaxXian
Basic Member
Basic Member

8. PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kk i'm sorry i'll start to be more profssional. E15.gif

Umm i'm working on a new song called "Exabyte" it'll be out as soon as possible and i'll be on these forums alot more frequent. E4.gif E4.gif E4.gif
Ph(F)at Mat
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: ugh Reply with quote

i think you had good ideas when you decided to make this dwi, i just think that they didnt turn out the way you wanted them to....i kept getting the feeling my comp was about to die everytime the song would jump....it really screwed with my head. needless to say, i also played it once and then dumped it, but good try.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ sephi spin those discs
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea, poorly done, imo.

there was unnecessary freezes, the song patterns just changed again and again, instead of flowing to each one, it just rapidly changed, there wasn't any flow in it.

don't try to make a nearly-impossible song with all these BPM changes and freezes, just make one that is challenging and fun, not mind-bending and headache-inducing. good luck next time.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you see, here's the thing. I WILL retaliate.

Quote:
I hope you all enjoy, and also comment about it.

I go and waste my time downloading this "dwi" (if it should be even called that) and then i give you my opinion on it.

You then go and flame me for it when this dwi clearly sucks. Maybe you should go download some songs from good people (BMR, arch0wl, Dj rem, etc etc..) and maybe LEARN how its done.

and THEN maybe you should just STOP and think about what you type and maybe grow up a little since you act like an immature fool.

p.s if you ever try to add bpm changes like in that repulsive dwi again then you should be shot not once but twice

p.p.s the music sucks too E1.gif

E1.gif have a nice day and happy crappy dwi making E1.gif

spoonsman
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to tell you this, but both the steps and the song really sucks. The steps make very little sense, especially with all the tempo stops/changes thrown in there. The Dancing Monkeys program throws out better stepfiles.

The song just hurts my ears. It sounds like you chopped it up and ran the various pieces through filters to make it sound, well, assy.

I don't mean to be a jerk to you, but you really need to look and learn from some of the better DWI makers.
View users profile Send private message
DJ Striker
Basic Member
Basic Member

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
13. PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I don't mean to be mean (or do I E15.gif ) but, well, it sucked, I had my friend who's a pro at Stepmania play it and he said it was like crapping out MAX300 and ending up throwing it back up.

So i guess it suked...

What can I say...better luck next time?
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting song....too many gaps and beat changes to enjoy...I'll have to go with DJ Striker, better luck next time...
[DMB]dman.exe
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sephi wrote:
good idea, poorly done, imo.

there was unnecessary freezes, the song patterns just changed again and again, instead of flowing to each one, it just rapidly changed, there wasn't any flow in it.

don't try to make a nearly-impossible song with all these BPM changes and freezes, just make one that is challenging and fun, not mind-bending and headache-inducing. good luck next time.

Perfectly said my friend.
JCOOLAT
Basic Member
Basic Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Calls friend*

Me: yo Mike come on over theres a new version of Max...since we both AAed (hey...I have bragging rights) MaxX Unlimited on Heavy this should be cake.

Mikey: Aight im comin

*Mikey comes in and sets up his pad*

Announcer: Ready? Here We Go!

Mikeys eyes exploded and i shat my pants....my carpet is messed up and Mikeys in the hospital...if only I knew where you lived I'd file a law suit...

Long story short: Im sure that any average DDR player would tell you this isnt that good....you gotta give us time to breath before going into a new pattern....that kind of stuff causes ppl to trip and hurt themselves (seriously). This is only constructive criticism so dont go flaming ppl...slow it down and come up with a better pattern...then you MIGHT just go up int the ranks with arch0wl (strong emphasis on the MIGHT)
View users profile Send private message
Sekani
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
This is a little different from "getting a dwi". He's looking for feedback, and I don't think I've ever locked a thread looking for feedback.

You locked mine disgust.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Phrekwenci
Administrator
Administrator

18. PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sekani wrote:
Phrekwenci wrote:

You locked mine :disgust:

My apologies then. Though after this display, I don't think I should be leaving them open.
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phrekwenci wrote:
Sekani wrote:
Phrekwenci wrote:

You locked mine disgust.gif

My apologies then. Though after this display, I don't think I should be leaving them open.

Great. I like to see what people think about other people's .DWIs.

Gotta listen to Phrekwenci, he's always been right. nerd.gif

pst, he's my favorite mod E7.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: