Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Which song really "Defines" DDR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FHOD DJ X!!
Trick Member
Trick Member

60. PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have to say A. after you play it you want to do it again and thats exactly the feeling you get when you play ddr. it also includes several elements the game has to offer. even a creepy clown backround that kinda 2bitly looks like this devil.gif

Quote:
No bloody towels there.

MEMBER OF TEAM F.H.O.D
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
RedChrono
Trick Member
Trick Member

61. PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww man. I started this thread a year ago (literally, it died down after a few weeks but w/e).

Anyway, its dynamite Rave, its gotta be. 3rd mix was really when the game exploded, and is the topic of the most discussion regarding freestyle, and the game. It is THE song, whether you love it or hate it.
xBlah
Trick Member
Trick Member

62. PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the songs people have been throwing out there have all made plenty of sense to me, with one exception that'll surprise you: Dance Dance Revolution! Who gives a damn about this song? It's junk - it can't be a symbol for the entire game, because of the fact that it's thrown out there to obviously be just that. That's my opinion on that song anyway...

My two picks'd be Dynamite Rave and B4U. It's all been said before, blah blah blah, you all know why.
View users profile Send private message
Trick Member
Trick Member

63. PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B4U

If I was to introduce the game to someone, and could only demonstrate ONE song, that would be it. The step chart features a variety of techniques that can be picked up by novice players and experts alike. Even the song itself represents the game quite well with its lyrical references. It's also a Naoki song (like about half the songs in the game E1.gif ), and the title makes a reference to another DDR band: BeForU.

Jump, Jump, Jump, DDR!,
~Avatar Z
Tsuka18
Trick Member
Trick Member

64. PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When someone says Dance Dance Revolution, the first songs that come to my mind are B4U and Dynamite Rave.
Basic Member
Basic Member

65. PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: My $0.02 Reply with quote

Waka Laka! >.>

seriously, I think B4U
=JoN B3x=
Trick Member
Trick Member

66. PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E1.gif la cancion que define al ddr es color for extreme y v for extreme
View users profile Send private message Send email
Murffle
Trick Member
Trick Member

67. PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with most posts saying B4U, but I'm surprised my song for honorable mention hasn't yet been posted. I think a close runner up to B4U is .59. It has one of the smoothest rhythms and to me, is DDR.
Trick Member
Trick Member

68. PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murffle wrote:
I have to agree with most posts saying B4U, but I'm surprised my song for honorable mention hasn't yet been posted. I think a close runner up to B4U is .59. It has one of the smoothest rhythms and to me, is DDR.

Except that it originally came from IIDX, so if anything, it is the song that defines BM IIDX. (Although I would argue Absolute, but oh well)

If anything, I'd say that 20, November (DDR version) is the DDR-defining IIDX song, if only because it was the first BM IIDX crossover (not including all those Club Mix Substream songs).
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Mr.BrEak DoWn!
Basic Member
Basic Member

69. PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYNIMITE RAVE...
NAOKI ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MaxX Enigma
Basic Member
Basic Member

70. PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: The DDR Song Reply with quote

What about all the Trip Machines? .59 also, it is a seven I play more than any other song and i like to do hard 9's and some 10's.
Cheezwitpeez03
Trick Member
Trick Member

71. PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that R&P wasn't even considered by anyone! It seems like a song that could, it combines a ton of different elements, saying "this is DDR."
Being able to turn your body, being able to gallop, being able to anchor one foot, all what you need to do in order to pass R&P
TripleForteSquared
Trick Member
Trick Member

72. PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Paranoias

The definitive challenges of DDR truly symbolize the ultimate challenge of the game. The Paranoias have been "the" songs on every mix (except Max and Max 2, which was dominated by the Maxes) in DDR. You want DDR at its best? Look no further.
Trick Member
Trick Member

73. PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance Dance Revolution= Captures the true spirit of DDR,+ Its name, its called, DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION so hence, (sorry about caps)

Dynamite Rave= It seems to be the favorite song around here, with all the bad-Masters (the others below bad or, Miserably, God awful, Stupendously awful, First Timer, Only Timer, Tryer, and William Hung)

So far I have never seen a William Hung,

Anyhow, Onwards.

Paranoia: The first frontier of Dance Dance Revolution, The first real OMG I GOTTA BEAT THAT SONG!!! (aplogoize for caps)

Max 300: A big frontier, It was again a song that you just had to beat, that it would get you sooo much fame if you did.

Paranoia Survivor: You survived paranoia, and now its pissed off, why not go beat it again (yet another frontier)

Maxx Unlimited: Hmmm 300 BPM? EASY! (goes off) OMG 320?!?!?!?!?!? HOW CAN I DO THIS?!?!?!?! (frontier song) (sorry about caps)

Paranoia Survivor Max: Heh, mess with someone your own size....
Player A: MOMMY!!!!!!
Player B: BRING IT!!!! (dies valiantly)
Player B after many rounds: (emerges victorious)

as you can see, this was very big, no one expected another paranoia but then, it came.....

Max.(period): Heh even 450 is too easy for the likes of me....

(gets up to 600 bpm)

(the player dies)

This is arguably the final frontier for Dance Dance Revolution players, It can be noted as a song that has the ddr spirit due to its incredible difficulty and the notable, Thank you for playing+applause.

There are really two final frontiers, Max.(period) still isn't it.

PSMO: YOU WANNA MESS WITH Kami no DDR? (shows the true might of ddr and how some people still have a long way to go)

Max.(period) oni: mommy.... the players never even see death coming.....

Now what do I mean by frontiers?

These are the songs that seperate newbies from masters. The Serfs from the Emporers. The mere pawns against the True Kami no DDR.
Neemo
Trick Member
Trick Member

74. PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultima Seven wrote:
Although it may be a little too obvious, the song Dance Dance Revolution. It honestly captured the feel that DDR gives off.

Yep... i think he's right.

"Move your body..."
"Mooove you body (dance, dance dance)"

I am PHREKWENCI'S Number 1 PHAN!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
[sync]
Trick Member
Trick Member

75. PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WGEN1US BOY 2K4 wrote:
Here are some songs that I think define DDR-

Dynamite Rave

AM-3P

Dance Dance Revolution

B4U

hey dont forget PARANOiA
repeat2k
Trick Member
Trick Member

76. PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think B2U and B4U. I mean, hello, Brilliant to you and Brilliant for you? It is talking about the dance floor. What did you guys think it stood for?

-repeat2k
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Daniel
Trick Member
Trick Member

77. PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really can't be any 1 song that defines DDR. DDR has changed it's personality over time. It's hard to define DDR's "personality", but there is simply no way you can say DDR 1st Mix is anything like DDR Extreme other than the fact that they are part of the same series.

I'd say the era of DDR 1st-4th Mix is defined by B4U. Through sheer simplicity, and an infectious beat; it managed to capture DDR's light hearted, fun, and competitive nature.

DDR 5th-Extreme: Based on an earlier suggestion, I think A is the defining song of this era. By the time 5th mix was released, DDR was starting to take itself more seriously. In 5th Mix we started to see not only variety in songs like 4th Mix, but certain sets of genres were used to determine it's song list. DDR had grown out of it's light hearted Butterfly esque beginnings and now supports more serious music. Even though A is from IIDX, the conversion was extremely well done, the music itself is fantastic, and the fact that they were looking to IIDX for excellent music really makes it the defining song of the current era.
View users profile Send private message Send email
3DR
Trick Member
Trick Member

78. PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more opinion from me: Brilliant2U.
Trick Member
Trick Member

79. PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the winner is.. B4U and I agree.

The song has the Naoki-ish sound that many DDR songs have. It's got some 16th step shuffles, and really goes along withthe music. And as someone else pointed out, Naoki said himself he felt this song embodies DDR.

The only thing it's missing is freeze arrows. I'd also say Spin the Disc, as it has shuffles, 16th steps, freeze arrows, crossovers and body turns... a little bit of everything and a sound that most anyone can enjoy.

AM-3P is my 3rd choice for many of the same reasons as B4U, just with a different, but equally as good sound.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: