Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

"Angel" Guitar - What is it?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blinkmancurt
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: "Angel" Guitar - What is it? Reply with quote

So I was browsing ebay for some guitar freaks controllers and came across this one. It's 20 bucks (which probably means it's crap) but seeing as the closest GF to St. Louis is at DBA, I want to fill my GF needs without driving 5 hours by any means possible. Have any of you guys used this controller, and is it worth it?
Request Lock
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

link? the only one i've heard of was the "magic" guitar
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's Angel, Hair, Panther, Firebird, and others, but those are the most popular 3rd party controllers.

All 3rd party controllers = craptastic. Period. They're good for easy songs like Happy Man, but anything harder, and don't expect to be having the easiest time with them.

The pick sucks on 3rd party controllers, the neck buttons are stiff as hell or have to be pressed straight on (if you hit them at angles, they won't register), and unless you have good constant control of your pinky, if the controller has more than 3 buttons, your pinky might be hitting the fourth button (which generally is a picking button, which equals a miss).

So in short, if you know how to effectively modify your controller, or you're just looking to learn how to play GF, this maybe an option for you, otherwise stick with a 1st party controller.
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BakaOrochi wrote:
So in short, if you know how to effectively modify your controller, or you're just looking to learn how to play GF, this maybe an option for you, otherwise stick with a 1st party controller.

There's one on eBay right now for 115 with original game. E1.gif
CaptainYashiro
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree, sorta. I've played with 2 different 3rd party guitars. A Topway, which has an awful pick that you can't rapid-pick with, and the Panther Crazy Rock Guitar, which is excellent. They might vary, but the one I had had a perfectly fine pick. I could do stuff like the AUN song on 4th mix no problem.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Baka of the Orochi
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend has a Panther also, it can probably do the Aun song, but what I mean by rapid picking would be songs like Liar Liar (Extreme/Extreme+), Day Dream, Across the Nightmare...
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: