Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Drummers in DDR= pwnage
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diddrstrait
Trick Member
Trick Member

20. PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a trumpet (most valved-brass, really) player, pianist, percussionist, and composer...DDR is very natural to me. AP Music Theory gave me incredible rhythmic dictation skills, so anything in DDR is pretty simple to figure out. Even the most dificult of songs still use the same 8 basic one-beat rhythms and 3 two-beat patterns. if you know those, there won't be anything DDR can throw at you that you won't be able to count properly.
View users profile Send private message
dmneoblade
Basic Member
Basic Member

21. PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Band Reply with quote

5 years clarinet +
3 years marching band +
4 years listening to techno +
3 months martial arts +
4 months playing DDR =
8 foot song player.
View users profile Send private message
Zukin-Man
Trick Member
Trick Member

22. PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. A friend of mine is pretty good on a keyboard, but I still shred him at DDR.

Of course, he returns the favor by giving me what-for on FreQuency/Amplitude. =B
Trick Member
Trick Member

23. PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a marching drummer (snare drum), and actually, DDR helped me prepare for marching band. Well, I'm still in eighth grade, but I was in a WGI line this winter, and DDR helped me alot for that, and I'm sure it will help me for HS drumline.
Zilduar
Basic Member
Basic Member

24. PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been drumming for 5+ years now, I've found it help me a lot in DDR. I just started about two weeks ago, but I already have a good deal of AA's with high perfect ratios, and I'm pretty decent on Standard already. Adding to that the fact I don't even play that often, I think that's pretty good.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: