Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Which Version is better?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corporatesatan
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Which Version is better? Reply with quote

I work at arcade 2000 at the BVM in PA and the owner's distributor has 2 Beatmania machines. One is a 2nd mix and the other is a 3rd mix. He doesn't know much about music games and I am basically the final decision on which mix we get.

My question is which one is better? I haven't played either because this part of PA (30-40 min north of pittsburgh) has no beatmania machines and it would be great to finally get one. I played it in Las Vegas last year and liked it alot.

I was looking in gamefaqs for some info on both but found none. Oh when I say Beatmania it is of the IIDX kind if there is any difference(gamefaqs showed both just 3rd and 3rd IIDX etc.).

So which is better people??? And can someone please give me some info on one or both of em'?
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, neither.

Both have different song lists, no real new features. 2nd Mix has the songs from 1st Mix, but that isn't a whole lot. Oh yeah, and it has the "free scratch area," where you can scratch whatever you want, I think 3rd Mix took it out. And DJ battle. Aside from that, you're looking at old and old. Might as well just get a Complete Mix 1.
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

2. PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get 3rd Style.

I mean, doesn't it have Mirrorball Satellite 2012 on it? Then, yes. Get 3rd. They are both so old, it's not really going to matter so you may as well get the 'newest' of the two.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Andy the happy mod-man
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustJeff wrote:
Get 3rd Mix.

I mean, doesn't it have Mirrorball Satellite 2012 on it? Then, yes. Get 3rd. They are both so old, it's not really going to matter so you may as well get the 'newest' of the two.

Fixed it for you.
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Version is better? Reply with quote

corporatesatan wrote:
I was looking in gamefaqs for some info on both but found none. Oh when I say Beatmania it is of the IIDX kind if there is any difference(gamefaqs showed both just 3rd and 3rd IIDX etc.).

Okay, wait, it's a Beatmania IIDX? Here are song list links. Songs with an Another version are listed twice (one for 7 Key mode, one for Another). Just get whichever version looks better to you. It looks like 2nd has quite a few songs from the Beatmania I series.

IIDX 2nd Style
IIDX 3rd Style

Now, if you're talking Beatmania I, and not IIDX, then 2nd and 3rd both suck ass and aren't worth the space they take up. The only BM I games worth getting are Complete Mix 2, 7th Mix, The Final, and maybe 5th Mix.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
JustJeff
Maniac Member
Maniac Member

5. PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Version is better? Reply with quote

corporatesatan wrote:
Oh when I say Beatmania it is of the IIDX kind if there is any difference(gamefaqs showed both just 3rd and 3rd IIDX etc.).

If there is any confusion, it is due to the author.
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
corporatesatan
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out which it is. It is Beatmania 3rd style/mix no IIDX is in the title. None of us have played any beatmania and it looks to be a good mix to start on then if it catches on we'll upgrade.

I'll try to find a songlist for this but in the meantime can someone post any info that they have on this version? A songlist would help, etc... E4.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beatmania 3rd Mix is really, really crappy.
Beatmania IIDX 3rd Style is quite nice.

That said, here is the (tiny) song list, and the note charts for Beatmania 3rd Mix.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Regenesis
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. I had a nice long post typed up summarizing what you can realistically expect from BM I in terms of revenue/drawing crowds/etc., and the differences between it and IIDX in that regard, but it got swallowed by the internet. I don't feel like typing it all over again....someone else explain it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Beatmania 3rd style/mix no IIDX is in the title

Stop being confusing.

If it is a 5 key machine, then it is 3rd MIX, and it is a very old machine that nobody will want to play.

If it has a IIDX in the title and has 7 keys per player, then it is 3rd STYLE, in which case it's a very old machine that more people would probably want to play than 3rd MIX but still wouldn't generate much revenue and will almost require upgrades to at least 6th or 8th STYLE or something of the like.
View users profile Send private message
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: