Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

BM & Controller
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cockmaster 2000
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: BM & Controller Reply with quote

Where can I get a good Beatmania (NOT IIDX) controller and a copy of Beatmania for the PS(2)? I'm hoping to spend less than $100 for everything.

Thanks in advance! E1.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY SHSAITHG IIDX CONTROLAR
View users profile Send private message Send email
cockmaster 2000
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...
So I found the controller and a crapload of mixes. Which non-iidx mix do you guys reccomend? I was thinking BeatMania (Konami the Best), BeatMania 6th Mix + Core Remix, or BeatMania Best Hits (Konami Best).
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on if you want to get appends or not. 2nd Mix is usually the cheapest of the 3 and you can get the appends (3rd - 5th) for not much money which has most (if not all) the songs that appear in Best Hits which goes for a lot more than 2nd mix.

If you just plan to get 1 game, get Best Hits since that has the best songs from the game up to 5th Mix.
View users profile Send private message
korisu
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I found Club Mix to be the only one I truly enjoyed out of all of them.

And get a DJ Station Pro if you can get your hands on one. I <3 mine. ^^
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AirRandom wrote:
... I found Club Mix to be the only one I truly enjoyed out of all of them.

Indeed. Its songs are a nice break from the usual trance BM (before IIDX) is known for. This is pretty much the "transition" mix in BM, whose songs sound more like IIDX songs than BM songs.

Sadly it's an append, which is probably what our friend here isn't looking for.
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so maybe Best hits is the way to go, but there was also 6th Mix + core remix. What about that one?

EDIT: The DJ Station Pro is just as expensive as the Konami IIDX controller on Playasia. Which one is the better choice?
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mck wrote:
Ok, so maybe Best hits is the way to go, but there was also 6th Mix + core remix. What about that one?

EDIT: The DJ Station Pro is just as expensive as the Konami IIDX controller on Playasia. Which one is the better choice?

Personally, I prefer 6th+core over Best Hits.

And the better choice is the DJ Station Pro, since it was made for 5-key BM.

With IIDX controllers, you'll have that rather large space between the 5 buttons and the turntable, since the other two IIDX buttons are there.

DJ Station Pro is 5 keys, with the scratch right next to them like it should be.

If you have the cash, get the DJSP. If you want a controller that will play BM as well as IIDX once you wanna get into that, get a IIDX controller - but just letting you know it's not the same experience when you use a IIDX controller for 5-key right-turntable BM.
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only started enjoying Beatmania when I got my DJSP and Club Append.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get 6th+Core and a IIDX controller.

It will keep you occupied until you want to move on to IIDX. And then you won't have wasted $75 on a 5-key controller you can't use on it.
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy wrote:
Get 6th+Core and a IIDX controller.

It will keep you occupied until you want to move on to IIDX. And then you won't have wasted $75 on a 5-key controller you can't use on it.

He never said he wanted to "move on" to IIDX - in fact he blatently stated the otherwise.

I'm sure you meant for 7-key purposes, but you can use any BM 5-key controller with IIDX - you just can't play any of the 7-key modes E15.gif

For the true BM experience, IIDX controllers don't do much - especially when using right-turntable like BM was intended for. Your best bet if you want to just get into BM is get a DJ Station Pro. I recommend you get 6th+core, and if you can swing it, get Append Club Mix as well. 6th+core is a key disc, so no need to worry about needing one.
Trick Member
Trick Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I hate IIDX. And since my local arcade has Beatmania III, I really can't see them downgrading to a IIDX machine.
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but it isn't possible to downgrade to a IIDX. IIDX is only like light years ahead of Beatmania III. And if anything, IIDX isn't a downgrade to Beatmania, it's a rather large upgrade. BM and IIDX maybe alike in some aspects but IIDX is far better in the long run. This is just my opinion but for you to say downgrade to IIDX just boggles my mind because it's obvious that BM is inferior to IIDX hardware wise. PS hardware or PS2 hardware, hmmm big difference.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
cockmaster 2000
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: duh buh fuh Reply with quote

yeah, i wasn't thinking when i made that post.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say 6th + Core and Best Hits are your best choices. The 6th Mix engine is like "almost IIDX", and it's very feature packed. You can change the turntable display side, have separate lanes for the notes, and play with centered or split double. It's also one of about 3 BM I games that actually saves scores for individual songs. The song list has a few really good choices, too.

Best Hits also rocks, but the engine is a more primitive BM I style. It's got a bunch of songs from the series, and they are EXCELLENT choices.

I would also suggest 5th Mix as an afterthought. It's got some nice Dancemania, and a few other Konami songs that are quite catchy.

If you want to see song lists, view the PS1 games here.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
Andy the happy mod-man
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, by the way mck, I just realized you're in Boston.

You can just get everything from TGA (here in Woonsocket, RI), since you're so close.

They currently have, I believe, one DJ Station Pro left, and just about every BM PSX mix you would want (including 6th+core, Best Hits, and Club Append).
Trick Member
Trick Member

16. PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellacious wrote:
I'm sorry but it isn't possible to downgrade to a IIDX. IIDX is only like light years ahead of Beatmania III. And if anything, IIDX isn't a downgrade to Beatmania, it's a rather large upgrade. BM and IIDX maybe alike in some aspects but IIDX is far better in the long run. This is just my opinion but for you to say downgrade to IIDX just boggles my mind because it's obvious that BM is inferior to IIDX hardware wise. PS hardware or PS2 hardware, hmmm big difference.

While it technically is a hardware downgrade, chronologically, BM IIDX came before BM III. So in the chronological sense, IIDX IS a downgrade from BMIII E15.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

17. PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Say NO to Bosses] Andy wrote:
Oh, by the way mck, I just realized you're in Boston.

You can just get everything from TGA (here in Woonsocket, RI), since you're so close.

They currently have, I believe, one DJ Station Pro left, and just about every BM PSX mix you would want (including 6th+core, Best Hits, and Club Append).

Andy, that is awesome. Do they have a webpage? I must go there!
Trick Member
Trick Member

18. PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what your saying is that Madden 2004 on PS1 is superior to Madden 2004 on PS2 because Madden was out on PS1 before PS2 and that technically madden on genesis and super nintendo are better yet than the ps1 games because they came out before the ps1 versions. Just the same thing for Beatmania and IIDX. So basically even though it came out afterwards doesn't mean it's as good or it's infact it's better. Some games, that is good logic however in this case that's a crappy logic.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger
davidbrit2
Trick Member
Trick Member

19. PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of graphics capabilities, BM III beats the piss out of IIDX. It has a much higher resolution screen (at least 640x480) and does some pretty slick transparency and background rendering. Looking at IIDX, it's not the least bit graphically impressive without that DVD player backing it up. Yes, the new IIDX hardware brings the series up to about the same level as BM III. And you mentioned PS/PS2 hardware... From what I've read, the old IIDX hardware is based on the PS1 hardware, with some modifications. None of Konami's Bemani arcade games uses PS2 as a base, as far as I know.

Verdict: BM III has more powerful hardware than IIDX. Konami just masked this by adding two more buttons, hooking it up to a bigger screen, and streaming underlays from a DVD player. Whee. Honestly, give the choice, I'd take a BM III The Final over IIDX 8th.

Last edited by davidbrit2 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Other Bemani and Music Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: