Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Will this damage my pad?

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weevil3582
Basic Member
Basic Member

0. PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Will this damage my pad? Reply with quote

Ok, so I have the basic DDR Ps2 pad made by Konami. I put velcro on the pad, and a piece of plywood, and it works great! Two of the pieces of velcro have fallen off of the pad however. They were stuck on there with that sticky backing that you peel off. I was wondering if hot gluing the velcro onto the pad would damage it? thanks.
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
Feces of a Nun
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Will this damage my pad? Reply with quote

Try it....only way to find out! haha.

GT: Fecies of a Nun
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AltarCrystal
Basic Member
Basic Member

2. PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that it's the best idea, as the plastic could possiable melt. Why not try Super Glue or something first?
View users profile Send private message
Fr0sty
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how the back of the official pads look but the ones i got (DPR2 and one that my sis got off the int that looks like a DPR2) have a kind of rubber backing which I doubt will harm it. I mean, you can tear off the back of them and they'd still work. So go ahead and hot glue it.
DJ_Knuckle_ID
Basic Member
Basic Member

4. PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: bad idea Reply with quote

I have to go along with altar crystal. I think using hot glue isnt the best of ideas and the safe approach not risking the mat to brake is probably to use any kind of super glue, but you never no it might work if you try carefully and dont gllue any were near the button pads.
View users profile Send private message Send email
iarespacemonkey
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend has the konami pad (it broke after 2 months) and the bottom is not very rubber-like. I think there is a good chance that it would melt through, but I'd still try it cuz that pad really sucks if its not on a board.
tsugaru_man
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the konami pad sucks no matter what you do, i'd just play it and enjoy it while it lasts, because it wont work for very long.
Pantera
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sounds like the only solution to this one is to buy a better pad laugh.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont waste ur time with glue or any of that. the best thing to do... hardwood on the bottom, then pad, then hardwood subflooring. the subflooring is thick plastic, so you can also use thick drop cloth plastic. make it moderatly tight over the pad (to tight make the buttons give you phantom steps). and staple the edges of the plastic around the back and sides of the board. as long as you use quality staples, and a nice staple gun, it wont come loose. tip: in home depot, open the pack of subfloor, and see if you can rip it w/ ur hands, if you can, dont buy it, itll rip when you play. happy modding E1.gif ...hope i was some help
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
FlyersPh9
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Will this damage my pad? Reply with quote

Weevil3582 wrote:
Ok, so I have the basic DDR Ps2 pad made by Konami. I put velcro on the pad, and a piece of plywood, and it works great! Two of the pieces of velcro have fallen off of the pad however. They were stuck on there with that sticky backing that you peel off. I was wondering if hot gluing the velcro onto the pad would damage it? thanks.

If you REALLY want to hot glue it, make sure you glue it only under a spot where there is no button because that may mess the button up! Try staples! E13.gif Just dont stem on 'em and cut your foot! blink.gif
Xo Steveo oX
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol wow theres no need for any of that! theres this thing u can buy at hardware stores, i think, my mom bought it, so idk where it sells, but anyway its this rubber pad that you put under the pad and it doesnt slip at all. and WHY do those stupid pads say non slip erm.gif

I'd never get laid.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> Bemani Controllers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: