Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

USA vs. The World

This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saba76
Trick Member
Trick Member

0. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: USA vs. The World Reply with quote

Remember those NHL All-Star games when it was the North America vs. The World? Well, I was thinking, and there are some nasty DDRers in the States, and I think that we could take on the world.

So what does DDR Nation think? Can we beat the best? I think so!

Ippai-me wa hito sake o nomi, nihai-me wa sake sake o nomi, sanbai-me wa sake hito o nomu= With the first glass a man drinks wine, with the second glass the wine drinks the wine, with the third glass the wine drinks the man.

Ayamachitewa aratamuruni habakaru koto nakare= If you make a mistake, don't hesitate to correct it.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Mark
Trick Member
Trick Member

1. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan > USA > Europe.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Mart
Trick Member
Trick Member

2. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Japan > USA > Europe.

...or so is it widely thought to be...

Only way we'd be 100% sure is by having that North America vs World game. Would be neat, IMHO...

DDR & ITG score names: MART, DAMO, KTHX
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Mark
Trick Member
Trick Member

3. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's pretty much fact.

I thought I'd just save you guys the trouble of setting the whole thing up by just telling you the outcome prior to said event.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger
Pop'n Usagi!
Trick Member
Trick Member

4. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I'd say US>Japan>Europe, simply due to the sheer number of skilled players in the US. I could name 10 US people who have 100+ heavy AAAs, but the only reat Japanese players who come to mind are Yasu, Take and Aaron, though i know there are a couple of other well known ones.

The European situation is definately improving, as i grow ever nearer to AAAing max300 (ok, so 48 greats isn't that close) and quite a few of our players are racking up high AAs and AAAs all over E10.gif We just haven't been playing as long as you
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Lucavious
Trick Member
Trick Member

5. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of gameplay FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN (Remember I said this), I would Japanese players seem to be more about the game in general, whereas Americans tend to go a bit overboard, like Freestyling.

Sure, there are Japenese players who Freestyle, as well as Americans who focus soley on the game, but the majority seems to be what I've already said.

So... Maybe in a freestyle tournament I'd put my money on USA, but for a straight out AAA competition I think Japan would rock like no tomorrow.

Current Pride: "A" Rythm and Police
Current Mission: Beat Paranoia 290
View users profile Send private message
alvi
Trick Member
Trick Member

6. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To be honest I'd say US>Japan>Europe, simply due to the sheer number of skilled players in the US. I could name 10 US people who have 100+ heavy AAAs, but the only reat Japanese players who come to mind are Yasu, Take and Aaron, though i know there are a couple of other well known ones.

so like, in a game where matchups are basically 1on1, having 100 players that have 100+ AAAs is better than having 1 guy that has 252\256(maybe more) of the extreme songs AAAed?

But of course, if that's not the case, you need to send up more than 1 player, you could send up gosuke, kobayan, yosaku, hikki, stm, abe, mini, phic, etc. who've all no doubt AAAed almost all the non-10's.

Not to ding any of the players in the US. there are some very good players, but these japanese players have devoted way too much time to this game and i doubt their players would lose to ours. Australia has some very good players as well though. And canada has the candian wonder.
dreamdancer
Trick Member
Trick Member

7. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Snag) Jin to fa wrote:
Australia has some very good players as well though. And canada has the candian wonder.

Wow, somebody actually mentioned Australia! E1.gif

Well, the number of 'very good' players in Australia is extremely small. In fact I am pretty certain that I know 'both' yes BOTH of the very good players in Australia. And both have them have been too busy to play much DDR in that last two weeks. blink.gif
Trick Member
Trick Member

8. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Japan > USA > Europe.

I pretty much agree with this guy. From my knowledge of DDR, I'd say that if the top American were to battle the top Japanese, the Japanese would come out outstandingly in the lead.
However, to serve my self a rebuttal, I think that in terms of quantity of excellent players, the US has Japan outnumbered simply because we're a large country in comparison.
Trick Member
Trick Member

9. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Japanese Rankings pages Reply with quote

Well, since many do not know about this, I'll post it:

If you want the Japanese rankings list for DDR Extreme (new songs only), go here:

http://hyper3.amuser-net.ne.jp/~s-time/pa/ranking.cgi
(Click on the names to see individual score sheets; the master list is organized by a points system covering all difficulties on single/double, though the list can be reorganized by Heavy, Oni, etc. from those links at the bottom of the page (i.e. HSP = Heavy Single Perfect))

And for rankings for all other mixes and other Bemani games:

http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~fantom/ddr/pa/

(You will have to click around to get all the scores, but they should all be there)
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
AllYourBase
Trick Member
Trick Member

10. PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Japan > USA > Europe.

only if USA includes Canada. bemaniac is the best in North America
Basic Member
Basic Member

11. PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

australia had about a half-dozen AAA-quality pros...but i think they all quit...E10.gif
BTTB
Trick Member
Trick Member

12. PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, everyone in Japan stopped (well a lot)
Trick Member
Trick Member

13. PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllYourBase wrote:
Mark wrote:
Japan > USA > Europe.

only if USA includes Canada. bemaniac is the best in North America

WHO WON DEL AMO?! That's right, not Bemaniac. He might have a lot of AAAs, but he's still behind Johnny. No offense to Adam, but well... everyone is still behind Johnny.
Trick Member
Trick Member

14. PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to say North America in my original post. I agree that DDR is losing popularity in Japan, but they still have a lot of good players. Concerning DDR talent around here, we have the 1-2-3 Kid, and my friends Ed and Ryan are hard to beat. Palmer is a doubles player and Andrew is pretty good. Me? I'm struggling for an identity in tournaments, but I'm still marginally good, but not good enough to take on Japanese players.

Ippai-me wa hito sake o nomi, nihai-me wa sake sake o nomi, sanbai-me wa sake hito o nomu= With the first glass a man drinks wine, with the second glass the wine drinks the wine, with the third glass the wine drinks the man.

Ayamachitewa aratamuruni habakaru koto nakare= If you make a mistake, don't hesitate to correct it.
View users profile Send private message Send email AOL Instant Messenger MSN Messenger
Saba76
Trick Member
Trick Member

15. PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then again, would we really need Canada in this competition?
E19.gif

Shinmizu
Staff Member
Staff Member

16. PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSUGARUstars321 wrote:
But then again, would we really need Canada in this competition?
E19.gif

Yeah... I thought Aaron counted as Japanese...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Jeff's Bawls
Vivid Member
Vivid Member

17. PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be interesting to see, though it would be hard to get every person's best scores recorded.
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: