Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official StepMania Help, Bug, Error, Fix, News thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

820. PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you add a "Expert/oni/challenge" group into the sorting options? I've seen it on one ITG theme for 3.9 but I want to incorporate it on my 4.0 cvs theme.
ddrfan12
Basic Member
Basic Member

821. PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: help me please Reply with quote

i use 4.0 and when i try to use a character it gives me this The redirect "/Characters/(CCR) Mage Zukin/Rest/Rest.redir" references a file "/Characters/(CCR) Mage Zukin/Rest/..\..\_DDRPC_common_Rest.bones.txt*" which doesn't exist. but i download the helper and bones file from stepmaniathings what do i do?
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
fatguyinalittlecoat
Basic Member
Basic Member

822. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have cobalt flux's newer control box, the one with a USB port. It works fine in stepmania in windows, but I can't seem to get it going in Linux. Does anyone know if it should work or not? It is surprisingly hard to get info on this control box.
View users profile Send private message
recoil56
Trick Member
Trick Member

823. PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo guys i keep getting this error with stepmania. I removed all the folders in stepmania and switched them in for the ITG2 AC folders. Whenever i boot up stepmania (now with ITG look), it crashes before getting to anything and gives me this error in the error log:

Invalid Screen class name ''

WTF? plz help
View users profile Send private message Xbox Live Gamertag
Haoie
Trick Member
Trick Member

824. PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got into the SM scene.

Like 2 years too late!!
Tonight
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheEnemy287
Trick Member
Trick Member

825. PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... So I have 3.95. and I'm trying to get an ITG2 theme for it, but I can't seem to get it work.

What do I need to download, and where do I need to put it to work correctly? I hate the regular theme and need to get something else.

Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

*scratch* I need it...
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger
Gibbo
Trick Member
Trick Member

826. PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little while ago I made a fairly large system change.

Switched to Vista64, and added in a second video card for SLI.

My Stepmania install was on my non system disk, so I start it up after the system change, go to play, all my arrows are jerky. As though I'm only getting ~40fps or something. Turn on frame data, still getting 400+.

So I figure maybe it didn't like the hardware change. Do a clean install, no help. Start playing with options. Nothing.

I've also tried disabling SLI mode, and it doesn't seem to help.

Does Stepmania not like 64bit

Edit: new 180.xx drivers fixed everything.
Trick Member
Trick Member

827. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm making a simfile for my buddy. I'm trying to get some of the freezes to "swing," kind of like in the Post simfile or near the end of Cosmic Pope's Electro World simfile. Anyone know how? I'm if I confuse you, it's really har to explain.
jack_bauer
Trick Member
Trick Member

828. PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Really weird issue with sm and dwi Reply with quote

Okay, so I was using my vista laptop to make some stepcharts for some songs I really like. I don't know too much about creating stepfiles from scratch so what I do is I take the DWI and SM files from another song, then go into stepmania and delete/edit the steps, change the artist and song name and bpm, then just save it and thats that. Back when I did this on my XP desktop, everything works fine and all the songs played fine at my local ITG2 R21 machine. But when I "created" the steps for my songs on my vista laptop, then transferred them over onto my XP desktop with a usb and played them, the steps, bpm, song name and artist are the exact same as when I had originally copy and pasted the old unedited sm and dwi files. At first I thought it was some kind of permission error, since I couldn't edit the data inside the sm and dwi files, so I moved them to the desktop and edited them. But even so, when I transferred them to my XP computer, stepmania still thinks it is the original copy and pasted file....can someone help me with this issue? I've tried everything and I really don't want to recreate the steps from scratch by looking at a laptop screen then my comp screen and putting in the steps. Thanks.
solitaire
Trick Member
Trick Member

829. PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the arrows at the top while I play stepmania:

How do I change them to the ITG arrows? I have all the ITG noteskins and everything, I just can't figure out how to change the ones at the top.

Send me challenges!!
View users profile Send private message AOL Instant Messenger
{SFSA}MelJ
Trick Member
Trick Member

830. PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know why I keep getting ghost steps on my Flux playing SM 3.95? I've been searching and they're saying something about "debouncing". I tried that with multiple values and I'm still getting this problem. It's the most recent pad they have.
DAVE101
Trick Member
Trick Member

831. PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

input debounce time doesn't function correctly until openITG beta 1
{SFSA}MelJ
Trick Member
Trick Member

832. PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVE101 wrote:
input debounce time doesn't function correctly until openITG beta 1
You got it! Got it last night. Fixed everything to my liking and its perfect E7.gif
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
Page 42 of 42

Jump to: