Forums FAQForums FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Official StepMania Help, Bug, Error, Fix, News thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next  
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero0920
Trick Member
Trick Member

760. PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero0920 wrote:
ThePandemonium wrote:
I want to use the ITG2 theme and it is great. Theres only one problem, when
I am in the song selection screen, the banners don't show up. This is the best theme but I don't use it because of this. Whats wrong?

I haven't seen any ITG2 Themes out of Beta yet, so be patient. I have one that happens to work on 3.95 (unsure with 3.9, but you could try) if you still have a copy of that. Even supports Online except showing the scores other ppl got. E-mail if you're interested, I also have a copy of the 3.95 Install.

Sorry it took so long. I completely forgot that you needed it. Plus Hotmail and Yahoo are gay (I think the max file size is 10 MB and this is 11.7 MB) and the file ended up being too large. Click here for ITG2 Beta 6.0 (Credit goes to the guy on the ITGFreak forums who made this) (Fix'd thanx to FlipMastaFunk reporting bad link riiight.gif)

[URL="http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/TNT_Xplosiv/Shoutboxproof.jpg"]冥 Ish married to Hitmoi, sho BACK OFF <3 冥
[/URL]

Last edited by Zero0920 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

761. PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero0920 wrote:
videoCWK wrote:
Aah, there is something horribly wrong with my SM! It works fine in dance mode, but in pump mode, that all changes. When I get to the song (this happens with every song), the stepzone does react to all of my key presses, yet NONE of the arrows respond. I press at the right time, but it just acts like I'm not. What's wrong?

Um re-install? It probably has something to do with game metrics itself or it could be some oddball reason that the theme isn't Pump compatible (unless you're using default anyways). Besides, no one plays Pump. I played it for the first time in about a year today.

Well I doubt it's the theme, it used to be Pump compatible. Anyway, if I reinstall it, will all my songs/themes/screenshots/notekins and other stuff I added still be there?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zero0920
Trick Member
Trick Member

762. PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

videoCWK wrote:
Zero0920 wrote:
videoCWK wrote:
Aah, there is something horribly wrong with my SM! It works fine in dance mode, but in pump mode, that all changes. When I get to the song (this happens with every song), the stepzone does react to all of my key presses, yet NONE of the arrows respond. I press at the right time, but it just acts like I'm not. What's wrong?

Um re-install? It probably has something to do with game metrics itself or it could be some oddball reason that the theme isn't Pump compatible (unless you're using default anyways). Besides, no one plays Pump. I played it for the first time in about a year today.

Well I doubt it's the theme, it used to be Pump compatible. Anyway, if I reinstall it, will all my songs/themes/screenshots/notekins and other stuff I added still be there?

The only thing that won't be there after re-installing will be your cache, and maybe your Stepmania.ini (if you made changes to it, you might have to redo them), and you cache (copy this folder to another spot if you have a lot of songs because it'll have to go and load them again).

[URL="http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/TNT_Xplosiv/Shoutboxproof.jpg"]冥 Ish married to Hitmoi, sho BACK OFF <3 冥
[/URL]
videoCWK!
Trick Member
Trick Member

763. PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero0920 wrote:
videoCWK wrote:
Zero0920 wrote:
videoCWK wrote:

The only thing that won't be there after re-installing will be your cache, and maybe your Stepmania.ini (if you made changes to it, you might have to redo them), and you cache (copy this folder to another spot if you have a lot of songs because it'll have to go and load them again).

Alright, thanks E1.gif That was helpful
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FlipMastaFunk
Trick Member
Trick Member

764. PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELP!

I just installed Stepmania 3.95 CVS and The Groove 2.2 Theme...
I dunno how to fix this... Help?
Zero0920
Trick Member
Trick Member

765. PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlipMastaFunk wrote:
HELP!

Error

I just installed Stepmania 3.95 CVS and The Groove 2.2 Theme...
I dunno how to fix this... Help?

Reinstall? Has nothing to do with your theme, it has to do with your default noteskin, as stated in the error. Either reinstall SM (meaning it'll take forever to load all your songs if you have even 500 yet) or go DL a different default noteskin, like Katze's default, and rename it default over it.

OR

put this into a "_minemeshes.txt"

Code:
Mine meshes not needed

None of my noteskins contain a "_minemeshes.txt". Are you trying to use a dancer?

Edit: Did the site you got your theme say your ITG 2.2 theme was SMO compatible? Only themes SMO compatible seem to work with StepMania CVS 3.95 I have and ITG 2 beta 6.0 theme that IS compatible (look back a few posts) of mine.

[/URL]
FlipMastaFunk
Trick Member
Trick Member

766. PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Reinstall? Has nothing to do with your theme, it has to do with your default noteskin, as stated in the error. Either reinstall SM (meaning it'll take forever to load all your songs if you have even 500 yet) or go DL a different default noteskin, like Katze's default, and rename it default over it.

Tried that. No change.

Quote:

Cannot find this file anywhere on my computer... frown.gif

Quote:
I have and ITG 2 beta 6.0 theme that IS compatible (look back a few posts) of mine.

I think that's a broken link up there... :S
Zero0920
Trick Member
Trick Member

767. PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlipMastaFunk wrote:
1.)
Quote:

Cannot find this file anywhere on my computer... frown.gif

2.)
Quote:
I have and ITG 2 beta 6.0 theme that IS compatible (look back a few posts) of mine.

I think that's a broken link up there... :S

1.) I meant make one yourself, and just leave it blank.

2.) Check it again. I updated it. It didn't work because I was pointing it straight to the server and not the file.

[/URL]
FlipMastaFunk
Trick Member
Trick Member

768. PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...
I got it up and running now (Thanks Zero!)

...but, during gameplay, mines and hold note arrows are invisible...

help?
Zero0920
Trick Member
Trick Member

769. PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlipMastaFunk wrote:
ok...
I got it up and running now (Thanks Zero!)

...but, during gameplay, mines and hold note arrows are invisible...

help?

Check for an edit of my post with the default noteskin's freezes and mines.
NOTE: mines.zip is extracted to StepMania CVS/common/default, while freeze.zip is extracted to StepMania CVS/dance/default

Edit: Default Noteskin: Freezes and Mines

Let me know if this doesn't work.

[/URL]
FlipMastaFunk
Trick Member
Trick Member

770. PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, on luck with that...

If this makes any relevence, I used to use Stepmania 3.9.
Then I recently switched to CVS 3.95 b/c I wanted to use Groove 2.2...
after I installed CVS 3.95, I moved all my leftover files from the 3.9 folder to my CVS 3.95, replacing any dupilcates.

does this help at all?
Zero0920
Trick Member
Trick Member

771. PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlipMastaFunk wrote:
sorry, on luck with that...

If this makes any relevence, I used to use Stepmania 3.9.
Then I recently switched to CVS 3.95 b/c I wanted to use Groove 2.2...
after I installed CVS 3.95, I moved all my leftover files from the 3.9 folder to my CVS 3.95, replacing any dupilcates.

does this help at all?

Help=very. Since the makers of 3.9 and 3.95 are different, they didn't set-up the noteskins the same way, and this new way erased the pink/red squares that appear sometimes when you hit notes. I'm not sure exactley they changed it, but I DO know how to fix it. You need to delete your old default/solo/note/flat noteskins (unless you've replaced them with another, like Takuya's or Katze's, then only default), un-install, and re-install. Like I've said before, I have the 3.95 install still if you need it.

[/URL]
FlipMastaFunk
Trick Member
Trick Member

772. PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright...

I've finally got everything up and running with no obivious problems!

Thanks so much for all your *help* Zero! ^^

Edit: me type not so well... :S

Last edited by FlipMastaFunk on Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zero0920
Trick Member
Trick Member

773. PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlipMastaFunk wrote:
alright...

I've finally got everything up and running with no obivious problems!

Thanks so much for all your Zero! ^^

No problem, just doing my job ^.^ And exactly how much Zero did I give you?

[/URL]
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

774. PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to sound really stupid, but what option is Autoplay On/Off under in the Options menu?

I got mad and attacked my keyboard (again) and it changed it to Autoplay and I can't remember what option it's under. E19.gif

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
Zero0920
Trick Member
Trick Member

775. PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Commodore wrote:
This is going to sound really stupid, but what option is Autoplay On/Off under in the Options menu?

I got mad and attacked my keyboard (again) and it changed it to Autoplay and I can't remember what option it's under. E19.gif

Just hit F8 during gameplay. Fix'd

[/URL]
DARREN HAYEZ
Trick Member
Trick Member

776. PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thanks so much! E1.gif

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AOL Instant Messenger Xbox Live Gamertag MSN Messenger
ivars
Basic Member
Basic Member

777. PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When songs are chosen there appears an arror screen with a text like this:

Runtime error running "GAMESTATE:IsHumanPlayer(Player_1)":[string"in"]:1:attempt to index global "Gamestate"(a nil value), or

Runtime error running"notGAMESTATE:PlayerUsingBothSides":[string"in"]:1:attempt to index global "Gamestate"(a nil value).

I got it first on SM3.9rc2 and now also on reinstalled SM3.9

Any help?
Some songs are still playing OK. Tnx.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Zero0920
Trick Member
Trick Member

778. PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ivars wrote:
When songs are chosen there appears an arror screen with a text like this:

Runtime error running "GAMESTATE:IsHumanPlayer(Player_1)":[string"in"]:1:attempt to index global "Gamestate"(a nil value), or

Runtime error running"notGAMESTATE:PlayerUsingBothSides":[string"in"]:1:attempt to index global "Gamestate"(a nil value).

I got it first on SM3.9rc2 and now also on reinstalled SM3.9

Any help?
Some songs are still playing OK. Tnx.

Check to make sure you are using the theme from 3.9 and not an earlier version and check to make sure the songs that StepMania doesn't like are set up correctly. I believe it has something to do with the metrics. Your best bet if neither of those are wrong is to un-install StepMania, delete the program folder (StepMania), then re-install to make sure everything is default to the installation.

[/URL]
ivars
Basic Member
Basic Member

779. PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Zero0920
Thanks, it helped!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DDR Freak Forum Index -> DDR PC and Simulators All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 39 of 42

Jump to: